PDA

View Full Version : Removing external antenna fo GPS

gone_phishin
17-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Just need to remove the white cap on the Navman/Northstar external GPS antenna and haven't got the installation instructions. Can anyone help please??? Its one of those little white dome things.

Cheers
Geoff

Dan5
17-02-2008, 02:37 PM
There should be 3 or so screw's on the underside of the antena then the dome should just come off.

gone_phishin
17-02-2008, 02:51 PM
4 bolts underneath Dan5 that i've taken the nuts and washers off, and still can't budge it...I'm assuming that under the dome the heads of the bolts are Philips or similar and are screwed through the decking rather than just placed through...any ideas??

Geoff

Dan5
17-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I take it you are trying to take the whole antena off?and not just the dome off the base?With the lowrance one's the base unscrew's from the dome same with the garmin's the navman one's i have installed did a similar thing i mounted them on the rail's with the pipe fitting type,if the base is screwed to the decking anyone's guess is how it's been fitted mate.Dan....

gone_phishin
17-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Dome off the base first Dan, just to check the condition underneath, but whole thing off to send away if needed. I've tried unscrewing the dome and can't seem to get it to move. I'll take some pics in the morning but in the meantime have attached a plan and elevation view. Does that look like the others?

Cheers
Geoff

SatNav
17-02-2008, 04:35 PM
1. Mounted with 4 threaded rods that screw into the base and fixed with 4 washers/nuts through the mounting surface

2. Check if rubber gasket has glued itself to the base/mounting surface

3. Check antenna cable is free to move if mounted through hole