PDA

View Full Version : vhf radio course?

sammys
17-02-2008, 10:18 AM
hey guys,am based on the sunshine coast and wondering if any of you have any information on courses for obtaining a vhf radio licence,can travel further afield if necessary as am keen to get in the next few weeks,ta sammy.

Hamish73
17-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Lloyd (member subzero) does an excellent coarse down here at Victoria Point (sth east brisbane). Would be well worth the travel down to brissy for the day.

sammys
17-02-2008, 01:09 PM
thaks hamish....any contact details for me?

reddybayfisher
17-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Sammys - send him a PM - he is pretty good with replying - he has a course on the 1st March - I think he said in a previous post that all spots were full though....someone might pull out and you could get in - I don't know.....
Cheers...

subzero
17-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Gidday fellas, yes sorry but I am really getting really pushed on these radio courses at the moment and they are filling very quickly when I put them up. At the moment i have people waiting for spots to become available as well and I think that this has a lot to do with one of the Taffes just sends all their students to me now rather than run their own courses. (One of the blokes on a course I did at MBTBC was telling me so that explains why I am getting so busy with them)
I will be putting up an April course as soon as I get a chance to sort out a date that doesn't clash with other commitments.
I am really sorry, I just cant take any more people on this one and I will get on with the next one as soon as time permits.

sammy, I have replied top both your pm and your email.

Cheers Lloyd

MTAQ/BTAQ
18-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I do power boat and jet ski licences but I do know someone who does VHF licences at Scarborough (Redcliffe) - if you email me on sailteam@digisurf.com.au I will be able to put you in contact.

All the best

MTAQ

QF3 MROCP
22-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi Sammy, Just to let you know I conduct a one day radio course at Scarborough Harbour for Redcliffe Coast Guard. Our dates are as follow:

Feb 2nd *10th
August 10th *17th
March 2nd *9th
Sept 7th *14th
April 13th *20th
October 5th *11th
May25th *1 Jun
Nov 9th *15th
June 15th *21st
Dec 7th *14th
July 13th *20th

New Year Break

(dates and times are subject to change without notice)

Participants must attend the following Saturday or Sunday at 08:30 and sit for the examination for each respective date.
( date indicated by * )

give the base a call on 3203 5522 and make a booking.. we have seats available.

Peter

TCSunCoast
22-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Sammys,

Coast Guard mooloolba do them I think, you should join while you're at it.

Tony

QF3 MROCP
22-02-2008, 08:31 PM
But do they offer coffee and biscuits....:)))))

Come on down to Redcliffe and have a good day out...

Peter