PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp wharf Manners

1975fflh
16-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Man I doidnt believe it, i was fishing in lake Illawarra today with the kids, when we came into the wharf to tie up until I could get the trailer down to take the boat out. There is a few people fishing off the wharf, not unusual, They normally move over to let you use the thing.

This guy just sits there on the corner so you couldnt miss him, stares at us coming in and just ignores us, I even waited for about 3-4 minutes for him to do something i tried to miss his linebut the prop got it and then he starts whinging at me that he had a big Flathead on and lost it because I cut his line with the prop. he didnt even have the rod in his hand.

Who do these d**kheads think they are, I thought the wharf area was to tie boats up to, who cares if people fish off them there good for that too, but we should share.

I would have given him and his mate a bloody good serve except I had my 7 year old with me and he doesnt need to see Dad, mouth off or use his pugistic skills.

Any one else experiance this sort of shit.

Gordon

Keechie
16-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Unlucky mate good for not getting agro infront of your child.

regards,
keechie

Simmo2
16-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Shoot.... I must be getting old Keechie!!
Can anyone actually use babelfish or something, and let me know WTF keechie said?

Dan5
16-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Can anyone actually use babelfish or something, and let me know WTF keechie said?
LOL ya not wrong.:o

4x4frog
17-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Put me down for a translation too, bit of good old punctuation might help too;D
Nah, punctuation is for us old fella's who were learned proper to talk and sh*t and ya'now like, and everythinK;D;D;D;)

Fish Guts
17-02-2008, 03:28 AM

1975fflh
17-02-2008, 04:12 PM
What is a babelfish?

I know of oe mentioned in Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

But never heard of the term rlating to fishing.

I cans pell and puncutate, but the old spectacles need replacing, I keep hitting the wrong key.

It was decision time see properly or buy some braided line and boat fuel.

Guess what won

NAGG
17-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Man I doidnt believe it, i was fishing in lake Illawarra today with the kids, when we came into the wharf to tie up until I could get the trailer down to take the boat out. There is a few people fishing off the wharf, not unusual, They normally move over to let you use the thing.

This guy just sits there on the corner so you couldnt miss him, stares at us coming in and just ignores us, I even waited for about 3-4 minutes for him to do something i tried to miss his linebut the prop got it and then he starts whinging at me that he had a big Flathead on and lost it because I cut his line with the prop. he didnt even have the rod in his hand.

Who do these d**kheads think they are, I thought the wharf area was to tie boats up to, who cares if people fish off them there good for that too, but we should share.

I would have given him and his mate a bloody good serve except I had my 7 year old with me and he doesnt need to see Dad, mouth off or use his pugistic skills.

Any one else experiance this sort of shit.

Gordon

Gordon ...... Wharf jockeys are a pretty common occurrence! ....... I just yell out to watch your line because I'm coming in! ......... Its up to them then:P
Nothing so funny as watching someone spooled by an outboard!!!!;D
Nagg
PS Gordon where are you from? ...... I lived at Windang for a while

1975fflh
17-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Mate

I have been there on the wharf fishing myself but always try not to impact on those there first. Or obstruct boats coming in and out.

Anyway I live in Balgownie but come from Woonona.

where are you living now?

Gordon

Simmo2
17-02-2008, 08:46 PM
What is a babelfish?

Try it!
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/babelfish/tr

NAGG
17-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Mate

I have been there on the wharf fishing myself but always try not to impact on those there first. Or obstruct boats coming in and out.

Anyway I live in Balgownie but come from Woonona.

where are you living now?

Gordon

HI Gordon ....... People just need to realise that the Jetties are there for the boaties ( first & foremost)
Mate ... only lived in Windang for just over a year & then moved back to Sydney for work ! ..... Now at Ramsgate beach! ....... The Gong is a great place & I love that stretch up to Stanwell PK8-)

Nagg

PS ..... What's the inlet like these days ...... The breakwall out to the Island really looked like a waste of money!

Dezzer
17-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Unlucky mate good for not getting agro infront of your child.

"What an unfortunate incident old fellow. To not show signs of aggression in the presence of your child is truly commendable"

Simmo2
17-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Hehe!! Thanks Deezer!!
Nice edit Keechie!!

Keechie
18-02-2008, 08:06 AM
thanks Simmo2 i put a hard thought into what i said;D .

regards,
keechie

1975fflh
18-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks Simmo2 for ther babelfish site.

Hey Nagg the Lake is permanantly open now a new wall and such for a few months before the rain we had blue looking water and very clean, but after two weeks of heavy downpours it is a diirty brown, (brakish) with all the fresh water.

The tidal flow is very fast nearly half a pound of lead to hold bottom in the chanell.

Thanks for the comments guys as for not going off in front of the young feller, I did think of sending him to the car. and a couple of years ago I would have just thrown him in the water with his gear. ( I try hard to be nice now)

Gordon