PDA

View Full Version : mako 440 frenzy

bunks
16-02-2008, 09:08 AM
looking at a 440 frenzy with 60 yammie 4s, minn kota 55 bm, 100lt live well, for bream comp work, and taking out to the mud hole and 9 mile out off tweed, has any one been in one or heard any bad things about them i have a dealer that is taking me out in 470 cause that all he has in stock, is was looking a blue fin barracuda, but you loose to much room with that pod any thoughts

bluefin59
17-02-2008, 04:53 AM
THE predator is the same as the cudda but without the pod thats why i bought mine ....matt

sharkymark2
17-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Is there any body else out there who doesn't like the pod arrangement for a fishing boat? The more I look at them the more I want the maximum amount of fishing area. You seem to waste so much room. Also when the fish invariably goes around the stern and tries to tangle around the motor; how do you kep it away if your a metre from the motor?

pursuit001
04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
gday bunks the makocraft build a good solid and well priced boat they are owned by the people who built stessel boats before buying the boat i have know i looked at them they have a great range and the boat your looking at seems a good setup .thanks shane .

TonyM
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Is there any body else out there who doesn't like the pod arrangement for a fishing boat? The more I look at them the more I want the maximum amount of fishing area. You seem to waste so much room. Also when the fish invariably goes around the stern and tries to tangle around the motor; how do you kep it away if your a metre from the motor?

Pods are good for providing extra bouyancy for heavier 4 stroke motors, plus it's a great spot to stand when you need to take a leak :D

As you mention there are downsides too, just comes down to your personal preferences. (although hasn't ever cost me a fish yet)

There's always a compromise in any boat, this is just another one to consider when deciding what suits you best personally. If you like 4 strokes and prefer to err towards the max hp rating for the hull they allow more choices for the motor you bolt on.

Cheers
Tony

Nico.d.R
08-03-2008, 01:35 AM
i have got the 4m heavy duty dinghy with side decks and it is a nice solid boat i have seen the 460 and 5m and they look even better . karee marine sell them at rocklee

deefa66
05-08-2008, 01:30 PM
i'm also interested to hear some feedback on these boats
Cheers Deefa

Steve B
05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Bunks and Deefa,

I have the 500 Frenzy with a 90hp Optimax, fully decked out for tournament/dams/estuary or offshore fishing. LOVE it. Great solid boats. The 5m is a great size, easy to handle solo, and most certainly capable of getting well offshore in the right conditions!

I am actually thinking of selling it to finance house renovations. PM me if you want some more details about anything. There is a couple of photos in my gallery, if you want more, just ask.

cheers Steve