PDA

View Full Version : Nugget's New Video Report

Timfishin4fun
15-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to say a big thank you and a very well done to Dave for the new video report he has done on his website.

Gee he put in some time today to get a fresh report showing current conditions all over the place. In times to come I think this will be huge and help anyone not sure where to go.

I told you Dave, a man of your abilities would not be held back. And I bet channel ten when they see the following will regret letting you go. But thats their lose and our huge gain.

Showing footage of boats in the water in current conditions will give the unexperienced a much better idea of what it is actually like rather than seeing on the the computer screen 20-25 knts.

Anyway I'm sure Dave would like others thoughts his hard work for the day but in my opinion you have excelled any of my expectations.

Congratulations
Your on a winner
Tim.

beatsta
15-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree.
I rarely watch the TV and haven't really heard of Nugget.

Just watching the video report now and I hope that they keep on coming.

Thanks Muchly :)

charleville
15-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah - its a beauty! :D

Well done, Dave!!! :)

JustOneMore
15-02-2008, 07:07 PM
My old link still says 'site under construction'. This there another site address I don't know about?

DC
15-02-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/ :)

rayken1938
15-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Absolutely excellent
Cheers
Ray

Simmo2
15-02-2008, 09:45 PM
To Nugget,
I dont even live down there and loved that report!
You didnt have a lot to work with, (weather etc) but still did the miles and got a good video report out! Kudos to you mate!

If I may make a suggestion?
Get either a wired or wireless mike, your audio will be so much more consistant and editing so much easier. For windy days, spongue windsocks...
For glamour shots, shot gun mics...

All good fun eh?!!! I hope you continue to do this stuff, IMO its great.

Martijnf
15-02-2008, 10:19 PM
nice report mate!

Have to say I'm not feeling too bad about the fact that my trip over there got pushed back from February to March.. hopefully the weather will have cleared up some by then

Reel Magic
16-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Thats fantastic,

Thanks Nugget - Keep up the good wprk.

Cheers Ryan.

dogsbody
16-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks Dave. Appreciate your work.

Dave.

station-rat
16-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Well done Nugget---Keep them coming

RayDeR
16-02-2008, 10:52 AM
G'day!

Thanks Nugget for a real fishing report. The sound was okay, I am not sure someone suggested another microphone.

The only suggestion I would make is if you expand to include the Bay that a separate report be done for the varios regions, as it is would save downloading sections which are not applicable.

Thanks once again Nugget for all you do for the rec fisherman.

Ray De R

Foxy4
16-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Bloody hell Nugget you have done it again... Top stuff
Keep up the good work.

It is always appreciated.....

whynott
17-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Love ya work, Nugget!!!!

jrf1973
17-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you Nugget. Great work.

whitingkiller
18-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Dave...

all you need now is to interview a good looking, experienced fisher.....
maybe a legend by the name of BLINKY will give you some of his time!!!!!!

Nugget
18-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks very much for all your comments.
Hopefully it will get a lot better, covering more areas.
Yes the audio could have been a lot better - a radio mic is the go.
I'm not sure if I'll divide it up into areas - Thanks for the suggestion and I'll think about it for now.

Unfortunately no Tv station is going to give you 8 min for a fishing report so the Internet was my only option. It is a lot of work but I think worth the effort - when I can get it done.

Don't forget if you'd like to get a user name and password to enter a fishing report - just ask. The reports give you a good idea of what's been caught leading up to a trip.
A few other additons coming include:
I'll be changing the photo gallery script so you can add your own photos if you want.

I get a lot of emailed questions so I'm adding an "Ask Nugget" script to answer question.

I'm also adding an event calendar that allows you to submit events and get emailed remider for vents you flag. I your club has a fund raiser or public event you can upload the details. All events on the calendar will also be mentioned on 4BC during Talking Fishing.

Thanks again for all your comments - really appreciate it.

<quote>all you need now is to interview a good looking, experienced fisher.....
maybe a legend by the name of BLINKY will give you some of his time!!!!!!</quote>

Yes Blinkster - I'm sure you could make for a very entertaining interview - maybe a repeat of your towel dance on Sth Straddie - still one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Dave ><>

whitingkiller
18-02-2008, 08:54 AM
AHHHH

The towel dance!!...i had forgotten about that!

that would have been the morning after jew fishing the pin bar on the run out tide and fell in!!..semi-sober??????

Posted my first report today from the weekends adventure on your website.
sorry no photos..yet to work that one out.

I think kim eley is going to send you some photos from the weigh in.

Dancing Blinksta

Timfishin4fun
18-02-2008, 03:57 PM
If i recall that event blinksta, you were wear ya undies on ya head to dry them out.

Still on e of the best laughs I've ever had.

Tim

whitingkiller
18-02-2008, 04:14 PM
yep....the old dry the undies out on the head trick...

must have got bitten by the port bottle the night before...

i am glad all you guys had a good laugh at my expense.

Nugget
19-02-2008, 08:10 PM
The new photo album software is up and running.
Still needs some tweeking but it'll get there!
It allows you to upload your own photos, add comments to other people's photos and to give photos a rating.

GPS script is next - in a day or so I'll be uploading the entire contents of my GPS plus users will be able to add marks, sort by state etc.

Cheers
Nugget ><>

loophole
19-02-2008, 08:44 PM
so channel 10 report no more?

Nugget great to see ur doing a web report thumbs up to u mate.

ur a champion keep it up!

Shagga
20-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Great report nugget. I hope you can keep doing it as it will be the best report available to us here in SEQ.

pjtx100
21-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Many Thanks Nugget!!
Was wondering how far up the fresh was and being a land based fisho saved valuable time checking spots by watching your report!
Awesome website too.
Lookin forward to the next one!

Horse
21-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I can see the definitive weekend planner coming up soon as Dave expands to other areas. I hardly ever saw his channel 10 report due to the timing. Now we can check it out whenever we want to. Hopefully a few sponsors will get on board.

Cheers

Neil

charleville
23-02-2008, 06:14 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I love the humour at 5 mins 40 secs into this week's report, Nugget!

What an absolute beauty!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BaitThrower
23-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Great report again Nugget. Yep the Logan was choco brown on Thursday. Pretty sad story. Oh well, can only get better :)
The GPS marks database is a great idea! Looking forward to checking it out, and adding some of my own.