PDA

View Full Version : cunninghams losing mercury ????

borrie01
14-02-2008, 06:39 PM
hi guys heard a little ifo on the grape vine aparently cunninghams has lost the merc dealership to the new guys (crew marine) opening at redcliffe anyone know what the go is there :-[ :-[

SgBFish
14-02-2008, 07:38 PM
He'll be printing money if he switches to yamaha along the demise of sundown.

fez
14-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Correct -news delivered to Cunninghams last Friday I believe.

Fez

Seahorse
14-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Who can keep track these days.
Yards swap and change more times than their undies.
Dont think it gives u a lot of confidence

TheRealAndy
14-02-2008, 08:40 PM
One thing that turns me off cunninghams it mercury, I owned a merc years ago and it was nothing but trouble. I like the allycraft and would be more tempted to buy a boat of them that had a motor other than merc.

Ratman
14-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Can someone explain to me.....on what basis are these decisons made?????

Mick

choppa
14-02-2008, 08:45 PM
makes sense,,, i sent cunninghams an email 3 days ago on obtaining a price on 2 15hp merc's,,, no reply,,,, now i know why

choppa

boatboy50
14-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm sure the decision for them to take on Suzuki recently didn't sit well with Mercury. Probably a bit of a mutual decision if you ask me.

Regards

Darren

ospery888
14-02-2008, 09:46 PM
heard also on the grape vine that cunninghams is taking on seaferer boats ,next month might have some thing to do with the take over( john haines)?????

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 04:07 PM
i also heard the same thing wonder whats goin to happen know might be anthother sundown marine episode .

SgBFish
15-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I’m just guessing but.

Cunningham probably wanted either Seafarer or Suzuki (from the Haines Group) and to do so dropped Mercs.

Now all he needs is a serious plate boat to go with the bread and butter Allycraft and big American Strippers and he will have a decent range.

FNQCairns
15-02-2008, 04:29 PM
i also heard the same thing wonder whats goin to happen know might be anthother sundown marine episode .

There is usually a theme that is right more often than not I have noticed, the big boys who make the toys don't take kindly to double speak over payment problems and cut supply fast to limit their exposure, the brand new new line is usually just happy to be a new line but will also pull the pin early if there are any games afoot. ? then took the little bloke with them, which is common.

Trouble is the little bloke is blissfully unaware of all this going on till well post, anyone done the Government searches?

cheers fnq

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't think cunninghams are going anywere they have just gone into that real nice yard. I think they might end up with toeys. This is what i've heard. Would be a good move they are a better motor than mercurys.

bluefin59
15-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't think cunninghams are going anywere they have just gone into that real nice yard. I think they might end up with toeys. This is what i've heard. Would be a good move they are a better motor than mercurys.

A very sweeping statement mate an awful lot of mercs sold here and the U.S in comparison to toeys ,have you got some figures to back up such a rediculious statement . All motors even the famous e-tec have had some probs ,but such a sweeping statement is not really called for unless you can produce some proof or are you an armchair expert.....;) ;) ;) matt

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 08:06 PM
hi guys this is the way i see it right cunninghams has lost merc now there only left with suziki now if they cant get any other brand i think they may struggle as suziki only make a 2 stroke up until 40hp now there will be alot of people out there that want 4 stroke then you have the aussie battler come along wanting a 70 2 stroke for instance now what have they got to offer sorry we only sell 4strokes in that hp there goes a sale straight away and i really cant see them getting yamaha as kratzmanns have apparently got them so may be they will go with etec or toey its a hard thing to comment on i know its a great lose to them though as they have been in the mercs for sometime its like anythink though they could end up with anythink .
cheers shane

Wahoo
15-02-2008, 08:08 PM
A very sweeping statement mate an awful lot of mercs sold here and the U.S in comparison to toeys ,have you got some figures to back up such a rediculious statement . All motors even the famous e-tec have had some probs ,but such a sweeping statement is not really called for unless you can produce some proof or are you an armchair expert.....;) ;) ;) matt

LOL Matt good one;)

little do PPL know on who owns a huge % on the toey motors ;D

Daz

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Mate i never said that they were crap i just said i think that toeys are better god if you can't put your point of veiw on here what can you do. You must have a motor you like more than others. It is like saying i think falcons are better than commordores.

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 08:10 PM
lol tin can and blue fin correct me if im wrong up until 50hp mercs are toeys !!!!

bobp
15-02-2008, 08:15 PM

i think you will fine most of mecs smaller motors (2 stroke)are made by toehatsu

bluefin59
15-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Some are toeys but not all my friend ....matt

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 08:19 PM
thats corect im led to believe the same thing. for instance look at a toey than look at a mercury look the same to me myself i have owned a toey and if they were so bad pro fisho/s wouldn yous them let alone life savers myself i know own a etec but any motors good these days.
cheers shane

Wahoo
15-02-2008, 08:20 PM
falcons are better than commordores. gezzzzz one more strike and your out .......... LOL

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 08:22 PM
lol wahoo are we playing cricket or talking fishing mate ?????

Dantren
15-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Last year I was very close to buying an ally craft from Cunninghams.
They were pleased to bring the boat around to my place (Redcliffe to Kedron & back) 'cause I wasn't sure it would fit up the driveway. No sales pressure.

I happened to find an ally plate at a boat show a couple of days later set up just how I liked & bought it. Now I find I can't get any ???SATISFACTION??? from that dealer.

I'm sending the boat up to Cunningham's for the next service. I figure I owe them a favour.

Every business has good and bad days.

Dan.

bobp
15-02-2008, 08:24 PM
no not all but a if we are talking less than 50 hp they make more than not

bluefin59
15-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Mines not a toey , my 60 2 stroke is made in the U.S and i wasn't saying there is anything wrong with toeys and yes shane all motors built today are fairly reliable .....matt

pursuit001
15-02-2008, 08:29 PM
thats correct blue fin up to 50hp i think is where it stops and us build are the better mercs .
cheers shane

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Gee it is on. Do you think that they might end up with yamaha. Because i think they are a good motor don't know if you would sell more of them than toeys.

Blackened
15-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Gee it is on. Do you think that they might end up with yamaha. Because i think they are a good motor don't know if you would sell more of them than toeys.

G'day

Does it really bloody matter?

Mercury produce their own as well as mariner

SOME of mercurys smaller basic 2strokes are tohatsus. It's not a good or bad thing, its just fact.

My little merc is just that, a merc, as I opted for the US model, has better features for my intended use.

Mercury is a brilliant motor

Mariner is a brilliant motor

Tohatsu is a brilliant motor

Johnson, Yamaha and Suzuki, and the Evinrude are also brilliant motors

Don't forget to throw Nissan in there (yes I know, tohatsu)

Briggs and stratton also make outboards, and then we talk about diesels and electrics....... may as well throw some bloody sails in there as well.

And this is just in australia.

Will this misconception ever end?

Sorry for sounding like a few of our vintage platinum members :P

Dave

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Lets get back to what the post is about does anyone know if cunninghams have lost merc's. I must say i would be shocked if they have.

Blackened
15-02-2008, 09:34 PM
G'day

Why not call them and ask them? I'm sure they're open tomorrow

Dave

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 09:38 PM
That true do you know anyone to ask for over there so i get the correct info and then i can send you a message so you know as well. Regards mark

PinHead
15-02-2008, 09:46 PM
what does it matter if they have lost merc or not???

tin can marlin
15-02-2008, 09:54 PM
It matters to a lot of people on the northside they get there motors seviced there so that means us the buying public are getting sharftrd again. In other words if you have got a merc and your happy with cunninghams they won't be able to service your motor if they have lost it. They can service it but they won't be approved by merc. That is why it matters

mod5
15-02-2008, 10:18 PM
It matters to a lot of people on the northside they get there motors seviced there so that means us the buying public are getting sharftrd again. In other words if you have got a merc and your happy with cunninghams they won't be able to service your motor if they have lost it. They can service it but they won't be approved by merc. That is why it matters

For goodness sake get on the phone and ring them.