PDA

View Full Version : My first boat

Breambuster33
14-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey guys and girls,
just take a few minutes to show you what my first boat turned out like after a few renovations:) .(ps. im only 15)
thanks
breambuster33

Outsider1
14-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Congratulations BB, that is a great job! I am sure that those that have helped you along the way so far will be very pleased to see what you have been able to do with the materials they gave you. Well done.

When you have time tell us a little about how you went about the work ie pass on your knowledge and experience gained to others, that is what this forum is all about!

Cheers

DJ

marty+jojo
14-02-2008, 06:10 PM
nice one, far better than my first rig.
Marty.

LINZ_74
14-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Good on ya mate, hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Tassie JR
14-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Nice little dinghy mate, i got my first boat a few a couple of months ago, when i was 15 and ive now got a 8 horse johnson on it, but i should have my new boat in about 4 months, im gonna pay about 5 grand for it, i cant wait, what moter are you putting on yours.

cheers tassie JR

Deiter
14-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Good onya mate, top effort. I hope she's stable enough enuf for ya to use that casting deck.

Damo

TheRealAndy
14-02-2008, 08:39 PM
that not to shabby! MY first boat was an old tinnie of a scrapheap patched up with car bog and old coke cans coupled with a banged up old 2hp motor! IT leaked like a seive but we had lots of fun in that thing. Also cought a lot of fish!

Breambuster33
14-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice little dinghy mate, i got my first boat a few a couple of months ago, when i was 15 and ive now got a 8 horse johnson on it, but i should have my new boat in about 4 months, im gonna pay about 5 grand for it, i cant wait, what moter are you putting on yours.

cheers tassie JR

Hey tassie sounds good what kind of boat you getting im guessing a good one for the price im thinking of either 9.9 or 15 but im not sure yet see what pops up first

Simmo2
14-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Very nice mate!
It looks like its parked in ya bedroom!!!!
(I did that once with the Harley.......never again!) ;)

Broomey
14-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Congratulations mate top effort , you should be proud of yourself and what you have achieved, I;m sure you;ll have a lot of fun with her!!!:)
mmm a lot better than my first tinnie!!!, but had a ball !!!

Broomey

polky
15-02-2008, 01:39 AM
BB33 fella you done an excellent job on the renos, pat yourself on the back and then get her all wet and bloody, stay safe and have fun Polky.

Tassie JR
15-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Hey tassie sounds good what kind of boat you getting im guessing a good one for the price im thinking of either 9.9 or 15 but im not sure yet see what pops up first

My plan in the first place was a brand new 15 hp 2 stroke suzuki, but i decided on getting a older moter and get my new boat a bit quicker, its probally gonna be a horizon with a 15 hp 4 stoke suzuki. When do you turn 16 for your boat licence.

cheers tassie JR

crazboutfishin
15-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Nice Mason! I told you you should have put pics up. That looks awesome. Glad the carpet all fit. Once you get your motor and we both have our licenses we'll have to go out on fishing trips.

Tassie JR, What size boat are you planning on getting? I have a 375 Horizon with a 15hp Suzuki 2 Stroke. I looked at the 4 stroke but the weight was to heavy. So just watch out if your buying a boat around that size.

Cheers
Crazy

Breambuster33
15-02-2008, 07:03 AM
My plan in the first place was a brand new 15 hp 2 stroke suzuki, but i decided on getting a older moter and get my new boat a bit quicker, its probally gonna be a horizon with a 15 hp 4 stoke suzuki. When do you turn 16 for your boat licence.

cheers tassie JR

at the ende of the year i can apply for my boat liscence i have a small 3hp motor i tinhk ill just stay close till i can upgrade

Coontakinta
15-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Yep, well done m8.
I'm 37 and hope I can do as a good a job with my modifications

Scott Ashe
15-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Breambuster33,

Had a look at the photo's of your rig. You should be please with yourself, the way the project turned out.

What brand 3HP Motor have you got mate?. Kept an eye out for one for you,as per your wanted add, but couldn't see much in your price range.

Keeping in mind too, anything over 4hp, requires rego.

My first boat was a 10' savage with 4hp Evinrude, which I bought at 16.

Now 11 years later, have just upgraded to a brand New allycraft 410 Rhino and Yamaha 25 HP 4 Stroke with electric start and power tilt.

Hope you get a few fish in your new toy soon too.

Cheers
Scott

Breambuster33
15-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi Breambuster33,

Had a look at the photo's of your rig. You should be please with yourself, the way the project turned out.

What brand 3HP Motor have you got mate?. Kept an eye out for one for you,as per your wanted add, but couldn't see much in your price range.

Keeping in mind too, anything over 4hp, requires rego.

My first boat was a 10' savage with 4hp Evinrude, which I bought at 16.

Now 11 years later, have just upgraded to a brand New allycraft 410 Rhino and Yamaha 25 HP 4 Stroke with electric start and power tilt.

Hope you get a few fish in your new toy soon too.

Cheers
Scott

hey thanks,
yea i am lucky mum said if i mow the lawn a few times shell pay for the trailer and boat rego till im more wealthy:D
cheers

Tassie JR
15-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Tassie JR, What size boat are you planning on getting? I have a 375 Horizon with a 15hp Suzuki 2 Stroke. I looked at the 4 stroke but the weight was to heavy. So just watch out if your buying a boat around that size.

Cheers
Crazy

Thanks Crazy might have to go for the 4.0 meter for the 4 stroke then.

Hey mason I got my boat and moter registed today and it cot me $127 for them both.

cheers tassie JR

LINZ_74
15-02-2008, 05:44 PM
It's great seeing you young fellas having a go, my son is 11yo and i hope he is still keen on fishing the way.
All the best guys.

Lindsay

Breambuster33
15-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks Crazy might have to go for the 4.0 meter for the 4 stroke then.

Hey mason I got my boat and moter registed today and it cot me $127 for them both.

cheers tassie JR

Hey yea i have the trailer registered so just need o get the boat done

LINZ_74
15-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry guys i don't know what happened to my post then but i was saying i would be happy to see my boy as enthusiastic as you boys are at your age.
Lindsay

Tassie JR
15-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey mason wait till you get your bigger moter before you register it because you only have to have it registed if your moter is over 4 hp, its was 67 dollars for just the boat.

cheers tassie JR

Breambuster33
15-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey mason wait till you get your bigger moter before you register it because you only have to have it registed if your moter is over 4 hp, its was 67 dollars for just the boat.

cheers tassie JR

yea im was planning that anyway after the post i noticed what i said lol

Breambuster33
16-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Sorry guys i don't know what happened to my post then but i was saying i would be happy to see my boy as enthusiastic as you boys are at your age.
Lindsay

Well lets just hope he is to:D

dogsbody
16-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Well done young fella. Looks good.

Dave.