PDA

View Full Version : Break in at Holt Marine

marty+jojo
14-02-2008, 05:18 PM
A good mate of mine works at Holt Marine, last night they were broken into, the scum took 2x 25hp and a 30hp mercury outboards, several sounders and GPS units, they also stole a 4x4 that was there to have some welding done to it.... i don't have to many details as yet, i will post more info later.
Marty.

davinski
15-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi Marty.

Yep, that was my 4x4. I had spent the last two months (and thousands of dollars) setting up the Patrol for a trip around Australia. As you can imagine we were devastated!

We were just about to go to Fraser Island for a week so it was half packed with all our gear. It also had a lot of my daughters things as we were in the midst of moving her into her first share house. While the insurance will cover the truck and tinny it wont go anywhere near replacing my fishing gear and other stuff. I reckon about $15,000 down the drain. I feel for Holt Marine. Stuff like this can really make a dent in the profits (lost trade etc). If anyone sees a white Nissan patrol around (with a XL body, similar to telstra/energex trucks) Rego number 755KRC with roof rack...give me a yell (0418848635). I hope to hell we get it back!

Cheers

David

Leighton
15-02-2008, 05:26 AM
that sucks David, good luck with sorting things out

Scott Ashe
15-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hope it finds it's way back to you real soon.

Cheers
Scott

Dantren
15-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm in the area all the time.

Will keep a look out for you.

Dan.

davinski
04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi Guys. Just an update. After calls to Holt Marine (no reply!) Letters and email (no reply!) Phone calls (no response!) I have decided to take legal action (to date no reply!). They obviously couldn't care less. So just a word of warning about Holt Marine and any other two bit operation that don't effectively secure customers goods. Ask how they intend to secure your vehicle/boat/whatever and if they are insured or not. Bloody rude if you ask me.

Cheers

David

atlantic_salmon
21-04-2008, 06:15 PM
any update on the events so far, hope it turns out well for you. Anthony...

BaitThrower
21-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys. Just an update. After calls to Holt Marine (no reply!) Letters and email (no reply!) Phone calls (no response!) I have decided to take legal action (to date no reply!). They obviously couldn't care less. So just a word of warning about Holt Marine and any other two bit operation that don't effectively secure customers goods. Ask how they intend to secure your vehicle/boat/whatever and if they are insured or not. Bloody rude if you ask me.

Cheers

David

Thats poor. I'd be going down and banging on the front door! Or perhaps sit out front on the road with a signboard hanging off you saying something negative. I'm sure they would give you a response quick smart then :P

_Dan_
22-04-2008, 07:02 AM
After 2 months they have not even spoken to you about it?

Thats surely a joke? I thought the law was if they are working on the car it comes under there insurance? but not if the works finished and its stored there?

PinHead
22-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Personally..if you leave a vehcle full of gear at any type of boat/car dealers yard then you are asking for trouble. Just entices the morons to grab it.
Dan..he has said the car and boat are covered but not the gear in them.

disorderly
22-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Personally..if you leave a vehcle full of gear at any type of boat/car dealers yard then you are asking for trouble. Just entices the morons to grab it.

I have often wondered what may happen when my car/boat has been left overnight with minimal security on a dealers lot and if it were stolen or looted....
I think I now have my answer....minimal insurance and the dealer avoiding you like you have the plague and trying like hell to avoid paying any restitution for lost goods....horrible situation to be in.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sad.gif

Hornet Rider
06-05-2008, 07:57 AM

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Only just read this one. Really sorry you & family have had to experience this theft, & I hope you & yours have no lasting legacy because of it. How have things progressed? Did anyone at Holt eventually communicate with you? Have they been fair, open & honest with you? Were you told by anyone at Holt when you left your vehicle of any Holt policy regarding vehicle content in case of theft, fire or other damage? From what you said, it appears you were treated with very little respect by someone at Holt.

Mike Delisser
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM

I think I agree with The Pin here, while I feel for you David I can't understand why anyone would leave $15,000 worth of gear in a vehicle left overnight at any workshop.
As for the custumer service that's another matter, but maybe they don't have a choice and are following legal instructions from their insurance company.
I really hope you get all your stuff back.
Mike

Lucky_Phill
12-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I think you will find a sign at Holt Marine and any other business that are able to store a vehicle or vessel, that reads " vehicles stored at owners risk " or very similar. While this does not clear them of liability, the risk is implied.

As for the ' gear ' you household insurance policy should take care of that.

Hope you get a good result............. whatever path you take.

Cheers Phill

whiting-wizard
18-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Marty.

Yep, that was my 4x4. I had spent the last two months (and thousands of dollars) setting up the Patrol for a trip around Australia. As you can imagine we were devastated!

We were just about to go to Fraser Island for a week so it was half packed with all our gear. It also had a lot of my daughters things as we were in the midst of moving her into her first share house. While the insurance will cover the truck and tinny it wont go anywhere near replacing my fishing gear and other stuff. I reckon about $15,000 down the drain. I feel for Holt Marine. Stuff like this can really make a dent in the profits (lost trade etc). If anyone sees a white Nissan patrol around (with a XL body, similar to telstra/energex trucks) Rego number 755KRC with roof rack...give me a yell (0418848635). I hope to hell we get it back!

Cheers

David

I hope you get it back mate its a shame.I can't believe someone would do this:(

lethal098
21-05-2008, 04:55 PM
DAVINSKI, did you sign a job card of any descirption as this can sometimes clear the dealer of any responsibility, its the smae when dropping your car off for a service, the signature you put on it removes any liability of the repairer. sorry about your loss and jhopefully all comes back.