PDA

View Full Version : Seadoo GTX

Mac_Attack
13-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone i have almost bought a Seadoo GTX 155HP but before i do i wanted to ask the people of Ausfish (cos i trust you guys)
My question is whats the maintance like? and is there anything else i have to do or should i be prepared for?
Cheers Nick 8-)

bastard
13-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I own a yamaha gp 1200 and am not really a fan of the sea doo,but for me its just a personal thing,the guy i ride with has the ski you speak of and they are ultra reliable,the gold coast jet ski safari also run these skis on there tours and they just seem to go forever,if you want to know more have a look at ozpwc.com and ask some guys questions.This was also the ski of choice for the mob i did my jetski license with and they swore by them.

Leighton
13-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I had jet ski's for 10 years. Most new ski's are trouble free, depending on how you ride and maintain them.
Surf riding and modifications are a bit of a killer with jet ski's.
Also who looks after your ski is the million dollar question. Ther are way to mant people out there who think they know how to service/repair skis and reality they are more suited to wipper snipper mechanics.

PWCDad
14-02-2008, 07:22 AM
The Seadoos have there issues along with most other brands. The Yammy 4 strokes are very good with many in the USA hire industry at 2500hrs.

It pays to check a second hand ski throughly .... the guys over at Ozpwc can give some good info as will PWCToday in the USA.

I currently have 2 top range Yammy High Outputs (3 in total) do all my own pump work, prop mods (pitch changing and blueprint) and engine work .... motors run 160 hp from 1 litre and run at 10,000rpm all day long ....

Regards
PWCDad

deadbeatloser
14-02-2008, 03:30 PM
gday mac attack
me mate has a sea doo and at 100 hrs motor needed rebuild $3200 , after service jet main bearing went not covered $1000, some rectifer went the other day and it was $400... he is selling his ! must hav bin a lemon?

;D;Ddbl

Mac_Attack
14-02-2008, 04:49 PM
gday mac attack
me mate has a sea doo and at 100 hrs motor needed rebuild $3200 , after service jet main bearing went not covered $1000, some rectifer went the other day and it was $400... he is selling his ! must hav bin a lemon?

;D;Ddbl

TEAM 2 STROKE!!! LOL
Lucky i didn't buy one i have heard a few storys just like this one DBL and frankly i hate alot of maitance on an engine on a boat no probs but not the engine(aka 4 stroke's). So its back to the drawing boards i think i might get a fishing boat i don't know thanks guys!
Cheers Nick 8-)

hungry6
14-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Those seadoo have a plastic jet pump liner and they dont fair well you happen to beach up on sands.
When buying a secondhand ski look sign of "lacks of amint." ie corrosion arround bolt head, pump area and have a water test as evry ski is diffrent.

another big one is look at the base of the motor mounts and check for cracks in mounts themselves and are the motor sitting nice and even on the mounts, as this will tell you how much wave jumping the ski have experienced.

If you are looking for a ski look at a kawa 12F or 15F or a 4S yammy. these have alot less inheritance trouble and normally the choice of second or multiple ski buyers.

They also have a much better resale vale and be prepare to pay more for one.

seren-y-mor
14-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I use seadoos for jetski safaris also and i disagree with bastard no they dont run forever, It may look like they do but thats because we have spare ones..;D lol

They are a nice hull, but ours need very regular service,s as do any commercal operation i suppose, we have around 1500hrs on most of em and we try to get new ones every year. Overall very happy with performance and dryness compared to other brands we have had, but jetskis being jetskis they CAN be very high maintanance,