PDA

View Full Version : LED trailer lights any idea's?

Mac_Attack
13-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I was thinkin about putting some LED's on my trailer the current ones are great water tight and pretty good at night but as soon as day light comes along you can't see them at ALL!! Any sugesstions would be great
Cheers Nick 8-)

STUIE63
13-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Nick
I've got the hella ones no troubles after one year and I dunk the trailer in deep
http://www.hellamarine.com/?t=3&pcid=51
Stuie

abundy
20-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Nick
I also have Hella LEDs not quite a year and still going strong put them on same time as the dura hubs.......awesome.

Cheers Al

keckass470
20-02-2008, 05:36 PM
hi mate! i have got leds on my trailer. have had for some time they get wet every time i fish had no trouble so far. cheers wayne

marco
24-02-2008, 04:58 AM
the hellas are good but very exspensive , there are a lot of cheaper ones and some being very cheap chinese knock offs , most are chinese made but some better than others .

the biggest probelm seems to be when water gets in so have a good look at how they seal up at the rear where the wiring goes in and go as far as adding more silicon/sicflex around the wiring entry to the lights just to be sure .

also there are some that come with enough cable to run up to the front of the trailer which gets rid of having a join in the area which gets submerged which is a good idea .