PDA

View Full Version : Navbus Box

Broomey
12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Fellas, hopping that there may be some Navman gurus on that may be able to help me out here, rather than waiting for Navman to take me off hold ::) , have a Navman F/Finder 4570 and Tracker 5570 , can;t get distance travelled or total distance travelled to show up , but engine hrs do, where as can get distances on the Tracker.Rather have it show on F/finder as thats where fuel transducer is hooked up , got told I needed a navbus box.
Bought one and not sure if I wired it up right, followed directions, connect orange , blue and green wires to terminals, but nothing was really said about connecting and earth to the box.
In some of the illustrations its has others it has'nt, also says each unit to have its own positive power source, so I've left my positives how they are, is this right or do I need to conect power to the Navbus Box.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks

Broomey

Broomey
13-02-2008, 09:21 PM
:-/ mmmm no Navman gurus????:o

Wyoming
14-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Broomey, the NavBox isn't realy going to help you. It is a nice, neat way to terminate all your interconnecting wires and to provide fused power connections, but you can do the same functions without the $60 Box.

The display of data on either of your screens is a function of the firmware in your set up. Be sure that when you are setting up the COMS options, you select either NMEA or Navbus and don't mix'n'match the comms, use one ot the other. If you are going with Navbus, make sure both instruments are given the same Group number.

I'll send you a PM with a useful wiring diagram which is an "as-built" for the good ship "Wyoming". The wiring according to the diagram, works perfectly, so I hope it helps.

Regards,
Neil

Broomey
14-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Neil,

PM sent to you!!!