PDA

View Full Version : Savage 480 Pro Angler ?

Aeon
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello.

Does anybody know if savage are still making these boats (I could not find them listed on their website).

It's time to upgrade my barra boat - and I'm thinking these boats are looking the ducks nuts.

I'm looking to chose one of these over a quintrex hornet trophy or stessl edgetracker (my current boat).

Comments from anybody who owns one would also be much appreciated.

Cheers

Aeon
18-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Bump..........

Mike Delisser
22-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey Aeon
I found this old post while google searching for Savage Pro Angler boats.
I'm told they only made half a dozen or so, hard to come by. A chick who owns one told me it's the duck's nuts, loves it. She also thinks they may be back in production soon. Another guy who used one for a while told me it has a very smooth ride in chop, fast, not as stable as the hornet or edge/t though.
What boat did you end up with?
Mike

Aeon
22-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the reply... I'd given up all hope :D :D :D

A friend of a friend also has one and he adores it, I've seen it but not been for a ride in it.

I'm yet to get a boat, I'm looking to upgrade towards the end of the year.

I've been thinking about a US made glass boat (namely a scout or a hewes) lately, but for value for money I'm leaning towards a Makocraft Estuary Tracker 480 SC. The other finalists are a Tabs Bass Star.... or one of these if they are going back into production??!!?!?!. I might call around during the week and find out.

Cheers,
Mick

Aeon
23-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I have a fax in my hot little hand from Reibel Marine in Bowen with the specs for the new Savage 520 Pro Angler.

It's going to be announced at the melbourne boat show next week (if I haven't already just done that...;D !!!!!)

It looks pretty sweet. Just a bigger, better version of the 480.

It's bigger than I was hoping for (at 5.3 m overall, 2.42 beam and weighing 499 kg).... but I'll seriously consider one of these.

Mick.

Aeon
24-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I've just found one listed on boatpoint - in Vic

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2947382

I don't think these photos do it justice though, I believe the boat has a rear casting deck like the old model, but it's difficult to see.

Mick.