PDA

View Full Version : Green Zone MNP12 (Bramble Bay, Woody Point, Pine River)

Lapras
11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Attached is a plot of Green Zone MNP12 superimposed over Google - coordinates may not be exact as I am still awaiting data from the EPA.

My personal concern is that it covers the only decent section of structure easily accessible in my tinny from the Pine, which for me is a safety issue as much as a fishing one - particularly when I want a family day out.

In the Google image (hard to see on this smaller one) there are six boats clearly visible within the top zone.

Dave

PinHead
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Attached is a plot of Green Zone MNP12 superimposed over Google - coordinates may not be exact as I am still awaiting data from the EPA.

My personal concern is that it covers the only decent section of structure easily accessible in my tinny from the Pine, which for me is a safety issue as much as a fishing one - particularly when I want a family day out.

In the Google image (hard to see on this smaller one) there are six boats clearly visible within the top zone.

Dave
put it in a submission using just those reasons and send it to the EPA

kingtin
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, that'd be just about right. Woody point............one of the few, safe, accessible, reefs, for small craft, and one where I've had my best inshore fishing. The pricks who propose this, must have inside knowledge. I reckon the woody point proposal is more about not dotting the seascape with small (riff raff) tinnies.................we'd hate to clutter up the million dollar views now, wouldn't we?

kev

Lovey80
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
We'll just have to wait until a few tinnies have accidents. If they use to fish that area but are forced into more dangerous area's a class action would be great to see!!

Cheers Chris

Lapras
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
put it in a submission using just those reasons and send it to the EPA

I intend to ... just want to know what is going on first.

The way it was presented on Sunday was green zones are here to stay and all we are doing is pushing them around the bay. I don't want my submission to be seen as a quasi acceptance of green zones where we end up fighting each other with a "not in my fishing spot" attitude rather than the plan itself.

Dave

Chris Ryan
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Chris,

Legislation stopping this is rumored to be in draft form inside Transport now. It will regulate the size of vessels and the distance offshore they can travel. This is to stop exactly this point you raise.

Chris

We'll just have to wait until a few tinnies have accidents. If they use to fish that area but are forced into more dangerous area's a class action would be great to see!!

Cheers Chris

Blueroo
11-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Say goodbye to freedom.

Stue

Mike Delisser
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Chris,

Legislation stopping this is rumored to be in draft form inside Transport now. It will regulate the size of vessels and the distance offshore they can travel. This is to stop exactly this point you raise.

Chris

Talks of legislation along these lines has been kicked around Q Gov (org emerg serv) ever since that guy & his kid were rescued in the middle of the bay a few years ago. Remember, very rough,4mtr tinny trying to get back to Redcliffe from Moreton.

joeT
12-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Say goodbye to freedom.

Stue

Agreed. Imagine, the police boat out there with a measuring tape to see if your boat is big enough to be out there. And then, people adding longer bowspirits and pods to make their boats fall within size limits. What sort of world are we in?