PDA

View Full Version : sounder problems

two dogs
11-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi all,
I'm having problems with my sounder. Sometimes i can get it to turn on but then half way through the trip it will turn off and i usually cant get it to come on again. It just kinda powers up with the black lines appearing but then i just get the blank screen. Any suggestions? its a lowrance x85
Cheers,
Jarred

BaitThrower
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Check connections to back of display unit, and also check your power connections are not corroded and are secure to the power source.

Spaniard_King
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
sounds like a dodgy power supply or earth problem.. check your entire wiring circuit including the earth side.. could be a dodgy switch as well

Deepdiver
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Check or replace any inline fuses,sometimes they look allright but they can be loose inside.Been caught with that one before.Cheers Paul

GavinW
12-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Im with deepdiver,fish finder and gps in my old mans boat both were not working,turned out to be surface rust on the inline fuses of both we just sanded them and all was ok.(replaced both with new ones after the trip of course)Its often the simple things you overlook.

Moonlighter
12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Also check the state of your battery.

GPS and sounders need good power as the others have already said, so a battery that is in good condition and fully charged up is very important. I've seen sounders do very strange things where batteries are low, but fix the power issue and they return to normal. Do that first!

If that fails, I'd suggest you contact Lowrance, explain the problem and ask how to do a "hard reset", basically it re-boots the software and this can sometimes help if the problem is not power related.

Grant