PDA

View Full Version : Blood & Guts - best result

withoutatrace
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Been boating and fishing for many years and have never really had a problem with putting in some elbow grease to get the bait/blood scum off the side of the boat when I get home.

I must be getting old or something or too anal about it but it seems to be a lot harder to get the cra--- off nowdays.

Anyway I thougt maybe someone on Ausfish might have a miracle solution or an answer to the problem of getting the bait scum and blood off easily.

Richard

marty+jojo
11-02-2008, 01:19 PM
use a wet rag when your fishing, get it off before it dries.
Marty.

Scott nthQld
11-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Or a high pressure geurney, you can lift oil stains on drive ways with one of those, so a bit of dries fish gut will be no probs

wags on the water
11-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Marty.

Marty is on the right track. Clean up after yourself and you won't need the elbow grease.;)

Cheers,
Wags

withoutatrace
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Marty.

Yep agree. I do clean up inside the boat as we go but these are stains on the paintwork on the outer hull that you don't know about until you get home to clean the boat. If you've got 4 guys fishing you get a whole lot of bait slap on the outside of the hull. It's a real mongrel to get off.

Richard

wags on the water
11-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Maybe you need to educate your fellow fishos on keeping their area clean.....if they respect you and your boat it won't be a problem....in my opinion anyway.

Cheers,
Wags

peterbo3
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Wags,
The crew should be very happy to help you clean the boat. But a garden sprayer filled with detergent & cold water will help if applied at the ramp before the stuff hardens up. A soft broom used at the ramp will make the job easier also.

Blackened
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
G'day

Keep the area polished, no reason for it to stick then, also keep it clean during the day, and soak it off at home if need be.

Get your mates to clean your boat

Dave

Local_Guy
11-02-2008, 03:56 PM
use some scrap carpet thats used for false floor decking. it's rough enough to get the cra** off but won't scratch your paint.

Duyz72
11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
If you keep your boat well maintained by a good clean, polish and wax, most crud should come off while under way between the secret spots.
For the remainder, give it a quick bucket and light brush (old carpet sounds good) at the ramp before you go will help minimise the elbow grease at home.
Always have the fishing companions put in their share of work too.
4 blokes should make very light work of a clean up.

DAVE_S
11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Richard
i us a hot bucket of water with c18 to clean the rock hard stuff off, softens it up and washes off with ease and with whats left i give the motor a good bath

Greg P
11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Richard

Grab one of those Enjo type hand gloves. I have a "blue" one for car/boat washing and you just need to dampen it a little and it takes off the blood etc with ease.

Cheers

Greg