PDA

View Full Version : ramp breakin's

GAD
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
G'day all ,
Just thought Iwould share this. On Friday night at 6.30 I went fishing and for the first time in ages I parked at the sugar terminal ramp , locked up the car and off we went to Kings point nice night , lots of stingers wrapped around everything though hard to fish , so about 10.30 decide to call it a night, only got a few non keepers , got things to do on Saturday. Cruzed home enjoying the ride , stereo blaring and the scenery coming back into Cairns at night. gets back to the ramp and get to the triton and find some low life has smashed the rear passenger door window in and there is glass every where in side , glove box is strewn all over the passenger seat and floor , but nothing is missing , ash tray is for parking money { haven't had a cigg in two years} , and when I bought ice they had no notes and he gave me $35 bucks in gold which I promptly threw in the ash tray as it would have crippled the wallet, not a cent missing from the ash tray , mp3 player on seat , house keys , jumper leads and tool box all still there , I theorised they were disturbed and bolted, saving all the stuff in my car. was still pissed as it is raining and car has no window .
So I ring the Police and the person talking the report just about told me not to wast my time so I didn't, if that is their attitude no wonder no gets their stolen gear back.
So I ring CUA to get on to the Insurance, get a automated response machine , I is thinking great here we go , but to my surprise a very pleasent lady answered the phone promptly, and with in 3-4 minutes she had , had a three way conference with O'briens and orginized for a window from sydney, to shipped up and fitted on thursday afternoon at my place . and no loss on my no claim or excess. now you could have knocked me down with a feather it was so quick and painless . Thank you CUA .
And if I caught the dog tur- that smashed me window I would have made him eat the glass .
So theres my story part bad but has a good side to it , I reckon I will ring the council on monday and put in a complaint about the lack of lighting at that ramp and the police to see if their attitude has changed.

Greg

Dan5
10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Mate thankyou for the heads up on this,i've been thinking about a night fish and would have proberbly left my vehicle there also,not now i'll get dropped off i think.Sorry to here about this but it is now becoming normal unfortunatly.At home in Darwin a few years back they were acctually burning vehicle's out at ramp's left over night.Dan...........

Mac_Attack
10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
G'day all ,
Just thought Iwould share this. On Friday night at 6.30 I went fishing and for the first time in ages I parked at the sugar terminal ramp , locked up the car and off we went to Kings point nice night , lots of stingers wrapped around everything though hard to fish , so about 10.30 decide to call it a night, only got a few non keepers , got things to do on Saturday. Cruzed home enjoying the ride , stereo blaring and the scenery coming back into Cairns at night. gets back to the ramp and get to the triton and find some low life has smashed the rear passenger door window in and there is glass every where in side , glove box is strewn all over the passenger seat and floor , but nothing is missing , ash tray is for parking money { haven't had a cigg in two years} , and when I bought ice they had no notes and he gave me $35 bucks in gold which I promptly threw in the ash tray as it would have crippled the wallet, not a cent missing from the ash tray , mp3 player on seat , house keys , jumper leads and tool box all still there , I theorised they were disturbed and bolted, saving all the stuff in my car. was still pissed as it is raining and car has no window .
So I ring the Police and the person talking the report just about told me not to wast my time so I didn't, if that is their attitude no wonder no gets their stolen gear back.
So I ring CUA to get on to the Insurance, get a automated response machine , I is thinking great here we go , but to my surprise a very pleasent lady answered the phone promptly, and with in 3-4 minutes she had , had a three way conference with O'briens and orginized for a window from sydney, to shipped up and fitted on thursday afternoon at my place . and no loss on my no claim or excess. now you could have knocked me down with a feather it was so quick and painless . Thank you CUA .
And if I caught the dog tur- that smashed me window I would have made him eat the glass .
So theres my story part bad but has a good side to it , I reckon I will ring the council on monday and put in a complaint about the lack of lighting at that ramp and the police to see if their attitude has changed.

Greg

Ask them to put a solar light in so it charges during the day and as soon as it goes dark it is on so it lights up the parking area so the prics get scared an run off instead of stealing your car!
Cheers Nick 8-)

GAD
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Mate ,it is the first time it has happened o me at any ramp , I normally use the tingarra ramp but was trying to save ten min each way out of the six knot zone. will be glad when they finally fix redbank up , I heard they are going to widen it an put in a pontoon.
A couple and a few more of years ago whilst working up the cape , the lowlifes fav trick was to undo the winch cable and put it over the truck , short the motor and watch it bannana. so it don't seem to matter where you go there will always be some one who is jealous or malicious. trouble is they get away with a slap on the wrist and don't do it again you poor bloke if they are caught but most times they aren't .

Greg

mromanis
10-02-2008, 07:46 PM
So were the cops worried about wasting your time or theirs??!!!
The ambivelent nature of our boys in blue to crimes that don't rate headline attention betrays my absolute trust in their charter.
Even if they believe it will result in no criminal charges they should at least convince the rest of us plebs that they are trying to do their civilly charged duty!!!
The current attidude just sends the message that petty crime is OK, and no action will be taken unless the perp is a complete moron and leaves their wallet at the location!!!
My car was broken into 3 years ago, and I had to plead with the cops to at least take prints off the car where the perp had leant against the window, and good thing too, they caught him two weeks later and could tie him into a string of break in's because of the prints taken from my car. I only got back 1/3 of the stuff, things he could not fence. In the court documents I noticed that the evidence was heavily laid out to the fingerprint eveidence from my car.
No thanks, but thanks anway.
OK.......rant over......

disorderly
10-02-2008, 07:56 PM
That's not good to hear,Greg.
And just after I put up a post earlier in the week about how happy I was that nothing was missing after leaving my window down for 15 hours at the mission beach ramp.
It just takes 1 selfish d!ckhead to ruin your fishing trip.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif.

So because of this scum,do you forget about going fishing again at night because you will be worried about what might happen when you are out?http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif
How disappointinghttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sad.gif.

I'm glad at least your insurance company got it sorted so quickly,anyway

Scott