PDA

View Full Version : yamaha service agents need help!!!

pursuit001
09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
hi guys a fellow mate of mine went by sundown marine the other week to book his 100hr service on his yammy to find the doors closed . now hes not wanting to drive anywhere further than the northside any ideas on where he can get the yammy done would be much appreciated .
cheers shane ;D

BR65
09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
good luck shane.
Your mate could try Stones Corner Marine, or Im pretty sure theres a yammy dealer at Caloundra, not exactly north side Brizzy, but they are the two closest that I know

samsnap
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Kratzsman's (caravans & now boats) at Burpengary has just picked up Yamaha (or so I heard through the grapevine) Give them a call - I don't know where their service section is though. Sammy

samsnap
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Just read a thread a few down back on main "boating chat"page & its about the same thing - "re Sundown Marine" go to it & have a read - It will answer all your questions
Ta Sammy

uripper
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
try Jeffers Motorsport 3204-7443 Kinsellas Rd Mango Hill

Graham Jeffers & Keith Falkenhagen - both ex Sundown Marine (long before the recent meltdown) - really know their stuff & top guys too - cant speak highly enough of my recent experiences - pssst, keep it quiet though :-X cos they are still doing some work for me & have been swamped by ex SM customers;)

tin can marlin
10-02-2008, 04:25 AM
The only issue with going to them is they are not yamaha dealers or do you think that maybe they will end up with a dealership might be a good move if they know there stuff. Regards mark

Dean1
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
The only issue with going to them is they are not yamaha dealers or do you think that maybe they will end up with a dealership might be a good move if they know there stuff. Regards mark Call Wade weimers on 0437733056 he's mobile and well priced. He just serviced my twin 70 yammies and im brissy northside. He's knows yamahas well and used to work for sundown.

uripper
10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Call Wade weimers on 0437733056 he's mobile and well priced. He just serviced my twin 70 yammies and im brissy northside. He's knows yamahas well and used to work for sundown.

Found it 'interesting" to often spot Wade's mobile rig at Jeffers place!?::)

uripper
10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
The only issue with going to them is they are not yamaha dealers ......

why is that an issue??? Have you had any experience with them??

tin can marlin
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
no i haven't all i can say is that if something goes wrong with a yamaha while it is under warranty i no that yamaha aus would look more favourabley at a claim that had shown that a customer had always had it service by a yamaha dealer. uripper if you purchase a brand new toyota hilux would you want someone that is not autherised by toyota aus to carry out service on that vecihle
regards mark

Fish Guts
10-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Fish Guts
10-02-2008, 05:53 PM
[quote=Fish Guts;763243]falkenhagen who works for jeffers wrote the book on yammies. would have no qualms if i had a yamaha taking it to jeffers. or you could take it to a week old yamaha /caravan dealership. each to their own.

Rob128
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Fish Guts,

I'm with you and I mean no dis-respect; I would much rather have someone experienced around my Yamaha than someone just out of Yamaha school. I hope the new Northside dealer takes this into consideration when and if they set up shop.

Keith looked after us when bought a BMT from Sundown, he always made time for us and gave good advice - I have no issue with using his expertise.

Regards,

RobW

tin can marlin
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi rob do you know who kratzmanns have got because i dont think that yamaha would let a new dealer start with someone just out of yamaha school and that is if thay have a school. But i think people are missing the point it sounds like they are the top of the tree mec's but if a company the size of yamaha puts someone on as a dealer of the most blue chip brand on the market. I think you have to trust that. I think if the motor is out of warranty go for your life take it to someone else but when it is in warranty i would not run the risk of them comeing back and saying jam your motor you didn't get it serviced by a yamaha dealer. As i have also said go to stones if you don't trust kratzmans they seem like they have got a great name. There is no disrespect towards to these guys that you deal with i'am just outlineing the facts of the yamaha warranty.
Regards mark

uripper
10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
[quote=Fish Guts;763243]......... or you could take it to a week old yamaha /caravan dealership. each to their own.

what a cracker ;D ;D ;D ;D took ages to get off the floor after that one ... though hopefully they will be successful & serve the boating fraternity well.

At the the end of the day, hopefully the original poster will find what they seek re yammie service & we simply try to respond courteously
& respectfully to the query without speculation etc etc etc.

Yep - each to their own. Good luck all.8-)

MalM

Jaffo
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Hope this will clear a bit up. Jeffers Motorsport can service all brands of motors as long as they use genuine parts, AND THEY DO. ( Aust fair trading and all that thing will not affect warranty). Refer to another thread Wade was Graham apprentace at the old Sundown site and are still good mates. Graham was one of the top formula 1 outboard tecs in the world and allways had one of his powerheads in the top five aswell he was the Aust champion F1 & F2 (driver & tec). Keath has work on Yammys so long he has forgetten more than most will ever know. They work out of a big shed but this keeps overheads down in turn keeps prices down. Graham put Suzys on Kratmans boats before they got Yammys. So if you live on the Northside give them a call, You wont be disapointed with over 60 years experience between them.

pursuit001
11-02-2008, 08:17 PM
hi fellows just a update his motor was serviced today via kratzmann/s marine at burpengary today and he said it was a well done job and also said it was rather cheaper than a few places where he got prices and said the staff were friendly and very helpful .guys im also with others guys if yamaha thought a caravan yard was not up to their standards and how they run their 3 yards they would not of given them the dealer ship and i have no doubght in my mind yamaha would of had a good look into this and a fact i know while talking to my mate today they have a fully a grade marine mec which was working at sundown marine .my mate also got a rundown on what is happening they are due to open their boat yard in a few weeks which will be temporality till they open up their big main boat yard and workshop all i can say is happy with how he was treated and looked after on pricing etc and the well done job guys give them a go they may shock you .
cheers shane

pursuit001
11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
oh and just for thoughs who have are putting them down because their a caravan yard maybe thoughs should try before putting them down !!
cheers

Fish Guts
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
pursuit. my post wasn't putting them down. i was just suggesting if i was to get a yamaha serviced id be more inclined to deal with someone who i knew rather than a brand new dealership. I think they will go great guns, all the best to them.

cheers

fish guts