PDA

View Full Version : boat weight

Wahoo
09-02-2008, 09:09 AM
just working out on what the boat weight is when out on the water for a days fishing

for me

4 PPL = 400kg with the gear they bring

fuel = 240kg full tank ( if 1 liter is 1 kg )

fresh water = 100kg (100L)

eskies/ice = 70kg

boat/motor = 1280kg

so thats just over 2t, thats a bit more than i really thought

also its a 6.2m plate boat

have others worked out the weight of there boat all geared up?

Daz

Fish Guts
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
it all adds up hey daz.

finding_time
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
You forgot,

Tackle ( my sinker bag weights over 15kg and much more chasing reds at the shelf) and that's just mine!
Spare anchor and chain
Bait ( easy 20kg- 30 kg+ )
Beer?

Then you load up with livies inshore , so theres maybe another 50+ kg in water

And what about comming home with any luck you loose the bait, beer and abit of ice but gain a few 100kg's of fish!

Ian

Ratman
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Further to that Daz, just checked my maximum load capacity for my 8 ply tyres on the duel axle trailer. All up weight with fuel, gear etc would be close to maximum if not over. Might have a trip to the weighbridge soon. If I could only find one near Mango Hill.

Mick

castlemaine
09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
A mate of mine took his boat and car one time and car another to the Redlands dump and they weighed it for him for free. They weigh commercial vehicles so as to charge them for their load. May depend who's 'on watch' at the time, if they're friendly enough to do it for you.
Cheers

disorderly
09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't know what my old girl weighs but quite often when I'm filling up at the servo people come up and tell me I've got a flat tyre although they are pumped up to 45 pound.
I think tinny's were constructed a little sturdier 20 odd years ago.

scott

Wahoo
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
it all adds up hey daz.

sure does, and i left a few things out

Daz

Wahoo
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Further to that Daz, just checked my maximum load capacity for my 8 ply tyres on the duel axle trailer. All up weight with fuel, gear etc would be close to maximum if not over. Might have a trip to the weighbridge soon. If I could only find one near Mango Hill.

Mick

G'day Mick
thats something i have not looked at :-/

Daz

Wahoo
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
You forgot,

Tackle ( my sinker bag weights over 15kg and much more chasing reds at the shelf) and that's just mine!
Spare anchor and chain
Bait ( easy 20kg- 30 kg+ )
Beer?

Then you load up with livies inshore , so theres maybe another 50+ kg in water

And what about comming home with any luck you loose the bait, beer and abit of ice but gain a few 100kg's of fish!

Ian

thats right Ian, few things i left out

few 100kgs of fish................ when WE going out?;D;D:P

Daz

seabug
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Mick

Hi Mick,
I am not familiar with your area,but you may find one in this link.
Regards
seabug

http://www.xcel.com.au/wb/qld.html

seabug
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Mick

If that little critter in your Avatar lives in the boat you really would be overloaded.;) ;) ;D ;D
Regards
seabug

Kleyny
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
ratman,
there is a public weigh bridge on the corner of piper and skyreach in the industrial estate on the left when you are going to bribie.
its about 16-17 bucks a weigh.

neil

trueblue
09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Fuel works out to roughly 0.8 kg per litre, it is lighter than water. Can't remember exactly, would have to look up the specific gravity, but definitely, fuel is lighter than water.

Mick

Spaniard_King
09-02-2008, 06:59 PM
My rig weighs 2.7T on the weigh bridge.. I recon she would go close to 2.5T when in full fishing fitout in the water.. plenty of weight for a smooth ride :)

mromanis
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Fuel works out to roughly 0.8 kg per litre, it is lighter than water. Can't remember exactly, would have to look up the specific gravity, but definitely, fuel is lighter than water.

Mick

Close, it actually weighs 0.76kg (and produces 2.356 kg. of CO2, kind of a magic trick really, but every carbon atom produced has to attach itself to two atoms of oxygen((when it is burnt)) to make CO2 gas, roughly triple what the original carbon atom in fuel wieghed).
So Wahoo your fuel weighs approx 182.4Kgs, leaving you with 57.6kgs up your sleave....for more beer??!!:)