PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up my console

Dantren
08-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm looking for ideas to set up this console properly.

- 5.1 Plate CC
- Single battery atm
- Stand alone sounder
- Stand alone gps plotter
- Fishing SEQ estuaries out to 90m deep.
- Boat is moored stern to beach regularly.(Transducer type)
- Existing sounder to be decommissioned, then sold.

After some simple research, I'm tending toward a FCV-620 in place of the H'bird, and a Garmin gpsmap 525 with g2visionchart.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Dan.

Wahoo
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm looking for ideas to set up this console properly.

- 5.1 Plate CC
- Single battery atm
- Stand alone sounder
- Stand alone gps plotter
- Fishing SEQ estuaries out to 90m deep.
- Boat is moored stern to beach regularly.(Transducer type)
- Existing sounder to be decommissioned, then sold.

After some simple research, I'm tending toward a FCV-620 in place of the H'bird, and a Garmin gpsmap 525 with g2visionchart.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Dan.

G"day Dan, there is not a great deal of C/C about here
try this site and look in the for sale boating, heaps of C/C, most of these boats are F/G but you might pick up on a few ideas

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=6

Daz

smaks
10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Nice boat, I am i favour of the two units as well. Go the 620 furuno or the ds500 raymarine. i am with the like of spaniard king and agree that the processor in the furuno's do a better job or augmenting the ping rate that the others but it is a personal thing.

The plotter - yep good system. The thing about a plotter is the chart in it and the G2 Vision has some pretty good gear in it. garmin have really picked their act up with this one!!!

Melec
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
G~day mate I would go two batteries if your going remote parts , inshore offshore .Very easy to do ,two bep battery switches ,both switches are linked thats your comon output, Battery 1 oneside batt 2 the other ,that way you can rotate which batt you use .As far as electronics go I think seperate units are the go IF you have room . I have just done my boat and did not have room for 2 units so I opted for a combo Raymarine a65 . beaut unit except its still a comp if you want to use both functions at the same time .

Dantren
15-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Thx for the info boys.

Daz, I don't quite understand your advice. If you see this, pls clarify.
(C/C = Centre Console) (F/G = ????????????)

Dan.

Marlin_Mike
15-02-2008, 08:29 PM
F/G = fibreglass

Marlin_Mike
15-02-2008, 08:33 PM
i'll post pics of my C/C set up tomorrow when i take some of the new set up

Mike

Wahoo
15-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Thx for the info boys.

Daz, I don't quite understand your advice. If you see this, pls clarify.
(C/C = Centre Console) (F/G = ????????????)

Dan.

G"day Dan, Mike answered that FG = fiber glass boats

just go to other boating forums and check out there CC either be Glass boat or alloy and just get ideas on there setup, i would put up a pic of my console but its 1200mm wide, some of the US boats are set up very well

cheers

Daz