PDA

View Full Version : Conservation VS Environmentalism

Lovey80
06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
After reading a recent thread about some work from DR Walter Starck PHD I did a quick search to find a little more about him. Below is a link to another article written by him that I believe many on here would either agree with or have been saying for some time. He has a solution to our problems with regard to Moreton bay but I fear his method would take far too long to stop the MBMPA being stood up propper.

A very interesting read.

http://www.newsweekly.com.au/articles/2005jul30_e.html

Cheers Chris

Lovey80
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry guys wrong Forum can one of the mods please move to the News forum.

Cheers Chris

Scott nthQld
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I can't agree more with what he has written. It may be too late to stop the zoning of Moreton Bay from happening through the courts, but even if something like this were done, we could stop more zoning and even get current zoning lifted if we can bring the EPA and other Green Groups into such disrepute that they just might keep their mouths shut until they have at least got some CREDIBLE research and information on any of their future ventures. Who knows, from there a civil case may eventuate where all those who suffered financially because of their lies may get some financial restitution.

Jackinthebox
07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Suing them would certainly make people think twice about spouting off garbage with no proof.

GES
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Perhaps MBAA and others of us who will be effected economically/socially by the outcome of the EPA's MBMP zoning plan should consider a class action law suite as the next step.
Those in the AMCS and other Green organisations who continually bad-mouth fishers and spread untruths in the media may also be in danger of being sued and personally, have punative damages awarded against them.

If such a class action were possible, it would certainly be an effective way of countering the apparrent unrestricted Greenie attacks on fishers and their rights to fish.

GES

Lovey80
07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
We need to give another thread a big wrap and get as many people reading DR Walter Starck's paper. It went for 21 pages and I can't remember disagreeing with him once. The thread is in new's under threats to the GBR. A great read!

Cheers Chris

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=124386