PDA

View Full Version : Formosa 5.5 and 5.8 Centre Cab

MrWong
05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi guys,
Just doing some tyre kicking and looking at the Formosa 5.5 and 5.8 Centre Cab Range
I have a 5.3 Polycraft Centre Console and love it; it has no vice however I think its time for some cabin space for the billy lids and the lady..... The rain seems hear for the long haul ... maybe its the first stage of me building an ark however I would love some feedback from Fromosa drivers.

I love how my plastic garbage bin rides and I am not sure what Alimimium will compare like, I wonder if there is a Fromosa Driver in Brissy area whom would let me play co driver for a trip?... can recipricate with a ride in a Poly.

Any imput would be great If I buy one I am pretty much right with set up I am more after stabily opinions ride spped fuel specs etc Thanks in advance PM'S welcome

Norm

Mad-One
06-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi I have just bought a 550 centrecab with a 115 suzuki 4 banger and love it great boat. My wife likes it as well which is a bonus (I think). Talk to the guys at Coastal Powerboats and they should be able to orginise a ride for you

Cheers Mad

Smithy
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
So why aren't you looking at one of the big poly cuddy cabins then? Just curious?

joeT
06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I think he was after a centre cab rather than a cuddy, to try to get the best of both worlds.

FNQCairns
06-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Just a guess as I have never been in either with those sizes but would expect your poly to outride the Horizon, a bigger boat that is still easy to tow and needs only modest hp has other advantages anyway and the ability of a longer hull to span longer duration waves comes into play also.

cheers fnq

seren-y-mor
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi norm
I have had a 5.5 centre cab for about 6 months now and for what i use it for its a nice little boat. I have a 115 suzi 4 stroke, the fuel economy is fanastic. easy to launch and retrieve but then it should be with a new trailer and all...
There wasnt a choice of a 5.8 when i orderd.
regards jason

MrWong
06-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Thnks for your replies guys:
Yep I am looking at the centre cab so I have some cover however can still fish allround easy.
I think I am in agreeance with you FNQ, re the ride factors though I wont know till I get in one. The big poly 6m cuddy is too much cabin for me the 5.30 is a option though I am thinking the weight loss and extra size of the 5.8 Fromosa may come in handy.
I have spoken with a couple of dealers they dont really do test runs unless you are 98 percent sure your buying one ... makes it hard..
So many options hey
Thanks for your imput guys

Saltboy
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Mad One

How big are the bunks on the 5.8. Could you do an overnighter ?

Saltboy

tin can marlin
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi mate i just put a deposit on a 640 centre cab at kratzmanns marine with a yamaha on the back they are called oz craft and they ride great the smallest one they have got is 610m i think it comes in at around the late 40's with a 4 stroke worth looking at they are a nice rig for the money ask for jason he is the oz craft man.