PDA

View Full Version : Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

leezor
05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
For those that have ever thought about importing their dream boat from the US, read on as this thread will be all about my experiences, some good and no doubt some not so good bringing my new baby home.

It all started early last year while browsing Ebay when I noticed the bang for buck available in the US used boat market. After many hours reading forums, asking hundreds of questions, night after night of research I decided what the hell, lets go for it!

Making my mind up to do it was the easy part, I then had to sell the idea to the boss. This was made much easier with the use of a bribe, I let her have a new Border Collie puppy I get a bigger boat, fair swap I reckon!

I really like the idea of having a walkaround style cabin, the fishing convienence of a centre console and the safety of a cabin, so I narrowed my choice down to either a Wellcraft, Proline, Keywest, Hydra Sports or Seaswirl walkaround.
Not being able to take any of these boats for a test run is one of the risks I had to take, so again I relied on other people’s experiences reading countless pages of US and Oz boating forums. Not to mention the help given by members of this site (Special thanks to Darren, aka Boatboy50).

My budget limited me to search in the sub $25,000usd price range, so unfortunately my choices were bound by lack of funds. Taking into consideration all the other costs involved $25k was it! (I will go into the other costs later)

After spending a couple of months sifting through the US boating classifieds I narrowed my choice down to several boats, a 23ft Proline, 24ft Wellcraft and a 2300 Seaswirl Striper.
I had set myself some other criteria to follow, the boat was to have been dry stored, didn’t want anything that had been moored or anti-fouled and I really wanted a hard top.

I made efforts to contact the sellers by email first, I was pleasantly surprised how helpful the brokers are over there. In most cases they went out of there way to help.

Anyway, offers were made, dollar figures were thrown around and a price was agreed on a 1999 Seaswirl Striper 2300, complete with hardtop, had been dry docked all her life and only 2 previous owners near Tampa in Florida.

Stay tuned for the next installment….. The Sea Trial...

leezor
05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Part 2

Now that I had decided on a boat, I had to make sure she was in reasonable shape. Brokers will always post the pictures they want you to see, so I engaged the services of an independent surveyor to check things out for me. Deposit was payed to the broker and contract signed pending the outcome of the survey.

I rang the surveyor and he was so helpful, spent 5 or 6 hours going over the boat, did moisture tests in the hull, gelcoat blister tests etc et, all up a 14 pages of the good and the not so good.

Expecting the worst I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, besides a few lights and things not working the report came through ok. I also engaged a marine mechanic to go over the engine, checked the lower unit, made sure she reached Wot, and give the donk a general check over, compression test etc. At an additional $350usd this was money well spent simply for piece of mind. The 1999 Johnson two stroke also got the thumbs up from both the surveyor and mechanic.

I used the survey report as a bit of a lever and managed to knock $2000usd off the contract price, originally the deal included an aluminum trailer which I decided was going to be to much work to get up to scratch so the price was negotiated minus the trailer and the few minor things picked up by the surveyor.

Stay tuned for the next installment….. The New Trailer...

Brumby
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Well done, she looks a beauty. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it and to a successful and happy landing in Aus.

Cheers

leezor
05-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Part 3

Rather than spending $4000 back here getting the old aluminum trailer repaired and brakes upgraded I decided to search around for a new one over there.
I emailed countless manufactures and ended up getting a Loadmaster Aluminum I-Beam trailer complete with Stainless Steel Disc Brakes, Torsion Axles, Electric over Hydraulic system for $5700aud.
I found a contact through www.thehulltruth.com (http://www.thehulltruth.com/) who deals directly with the Loadmaster factory and he has helped me out far more than I expected. He has also arranged to have the trailer setup and delivered to the Striper near Tampa.
All going to plan the trailer will be delivered and the boat loaded onto it later this week….

Watch this space for part 4.......The ocean freight costs...ouch!

TCSunCoast
05-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Sounds great can't wait to hear more about it

When is she due?

rubba
05-02-2008, 09:57 PM
nice boat what was the over all cost mate

leezor
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I made numerous enquiries to both Australian and international ocean freight companies. Initially I was going to engage a shipping company to look after the ocean freight and a customs broker to take care of things at this end.
By the time I added up all additional costs, and the risks involved I opted to engage www.import-a-boat.com.au (http://www.import-a-boat.com.au) to take care of the lot. They take possession of the boat in Tampa and I pick it up in Brisbane…apparently
They are not the cheapest, but it’s nice to have some one locally taking care of everything.

Ok, so far I have outlayed around $30,000aud, and expect that to climb to around $50kaud by the time she gets to Brisbane:

Boat $17,5000usd
Trailer $5076usd
Ocean freight $14199usd
Marina fees in the US $500usd
Road Transport in the US $985usd
Australia port fees $1500aud
GST 10% of the total including all freight costs

There is no import taxes on boats made in the USA, so that was a bit of a bonus.

So, that’s where I am up to at the moment, I am $30k out of pocket and my boat is still on the other side of the globe. L
She leaves Savannah on February the 19th and will be at sea for approx 4 weeks. All going to plan ETA is just after Easter….

leezor
05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
There is plenty of more detailed info I have if anyone is considering doing the same, just let me know what info you need and I will do my best to pass on what I have.

Lee

sharkymark2
05-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Way to go :). I have to say this that you got some guts to do it on the other side of the world. Its bad enough over here dealing with the shonks. I hope that she will give you the ride of your life ;)

DaMaGe
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow, you got some balls to do that from here; I would of assumed the shipping was a little dear judging by my own shipping of a 40FT container to Florida at a cost of about $4k, but a container is nice n square and easy to manoeuvre etc, well compared to a boat and trailer. I hope all goes well for you, it’s a damn nice looking boat, looks to be of awesome quality.

charleville
06-02-2008, 03:46 AM
What a terrific story. Well done! :)

Is the whole enterprise insured just in case the ship hits a bad storm and loses a few containers over the side? :-/

PinHead
06-02-2008, 04:42 AM
well done..that is a pretty good freight cost...when I got my boat from the states 3 years back the freight then was just over 20k with all port costs etc...make sure they have the boat entirely wrapped in plastic...mine was and customs checked it was all secure and no one could have gotten on board..cleared in one hour..another boat in the same shipment..plastic was cut...customs took 4 days to completely inspect that one from top to bottom and it cost for each day it was sitting on the dock.

ozscott
06-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Leezor - fantastic thread mate and congrats. How did you know how she would handle. I know that most US boats are beautifully finished inside and out (inside they have been gelcoating for decades!). But how do you know what she is like say in a following sea, or into nasty bay chop etc...were there reviews of this baby that you looked at. Did the surveyor have a view also?

Cheers

ozscott
06-02-2008, 06:07 AM
just re-read you first post and pretty much answered my question...owners posts are one thing but any independent reviews like out Trailerboat Fisherman type mags?

Spaniard_King
06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Great thread Leezor,

should be some great fishin storries comin from that rig.

BM
06-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Leezor,

So the engine check was US$350 and how much was the hull inspection?

Cheers

pilchardjones
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
top thread lee,
i am watching with great interest.
steve

seatime
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for sharing leezor http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon14.gif really interesting thread.
Your research on the handling and build quality of those chosen boats in lieu of a test run should suffice. Of course it's always an advantage to have a drive of a boat before buying, though in this case these craft are held in very high regard. Unlike a one-off or a customized boat where a test would be essential, you'll be safe going with the inspection reports and well founded reputations.

It sounds like you've gone to a lot of trouble and your experiences will certainly assist anyone else contemplating such a venture.

looking forward to the next installment.

cheers

leezor
06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone, it sure has been a stressful couple of weeks. Nothing worse than having $30,000 sitting in cyberspace between accounts, especially offshore accounts.
All monies have got to where they were supposed to go so that is a big relief.

BM, the boat survey was $250usd and to have a mechanic go over the engine was an additional $100usd.

Got word the trailer was delivered today, so all is on target for pick up next week ready for the shipping company where it is getting prepared for the trip across the pond.
The preparation includes removal of the hard top, repositioning of the winch post forward to minimise overall shipping volume, cleaning, shrink wrapping and strapping etc.

I was initially concerned with the overall width of the trailer as some US trailers are wider than our legal width of 2.5mt. The guy emailed me today with the width and it comes just under 2.4mt, so width of the trailer is not a problem.

To answer the questions about handling of the boat etc, I basically left this up to feedback and what I read on forums. I also know a guy here who has fished on a 2601 and was impressed with all aspects of the boat. I had a look at it and I was most impressed, the layout of the boat is perfect for my style of fishing.

With regards to the shipping, I recieved around 5 quotes in total, ranging from $9200usd to $20,000usd. The quotes at the bottom end of the scale didn't include things like insurance, shrink wrapping, fumigation etc etc. By the time I added all these things on import-a-boat's quote was pretty close. I could of saved a $1500 or so doing it myself, though this being my first import I decided to leave it up to the pro's. Only time will tell if I made the right decision...

jimbo59
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey leezor would the hull fit in a 40 foot container and have it braced inside incase of the dreaded rock and roll disease at sea?

Wahoo
06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Great read Lee, boat looks sweet8-)

Ohhh, do you have any room for a motor anywhere to bring back over for me;D

Daz

Jabba_
06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Very nice looking boat....

I look forward to reading your water test report.......

and if you don't mind,,, Could I view the boat sometime. I have also considered importing a boat from the USA and I am interested in seeing how they are built...

Spaniard_King
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Very nice looking boat....

I look fforward to reading your water test report.......

and if you don't mind,,, Could I view the boat sometime. I have also consideed importing a boat from the USA and I am interested in seeing how they are built...

Jabba.. ya might have to fire up the Etec for a long drive to NQ8-)

Jabba_
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Jabba.. ya might have to fire up the Etec for a long drive to NQ8-)
Oh... might not worrie about it then...

PinHead
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Jabba..I have a striper..the smaller version..1851WA..if you want a look at it sometime give me a yell..I am in brisbane.

boatboy50
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Lee,

Nice work, and thanks for sharing ALL the details with the gang here.

You will be impressed with the boat to no end.

Did you send any Qld Transport regs to the trailer builders for our build specs? They are readily available on the net in PDF.

Guys, I can vouge for the build quality and ride of the Seaswirls. I have owned two, and discussed with Lee the pro's and con's of them.

If you want to see one in the flesh, pop in to Cunningham's Marine at Redcliffe, where they have one new for around 120k.

Regards

Darren

leezor
06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey leezor would the hull fit in a 40 foot container and have it braced inside incase of the dreaded rock and roll disease at sea?

Hey Jimbo, she is to wide to fit into an enclosed 40ft container. Though could of gone in a "flat pack"which is basically a 40ft container without sides.

Jabba, I will be in Brisbane once it arrives for a couple days, then towing it up to Noosa to stay with my folks and catch up with my mates. Might even find the time to put it in at Tewantin and take it for a spin. Your welcome to have a sticky then if you like.

Lee

leezor
06-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Lee,

Did you send any Qld Transport regs to the trailer builders for our build specs? They are readily available on the net in PDF.

Darren, yes mate gave tham all the details, Loadmaster even supplied me with a certificate stating the trailer meets all Transport Australia Safety Standards as required by the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Have submitted all the required paperwork to DOTARS and am waiting on the import approval to arrive.

Cheers, Mate

Lee

boatboy50
06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Good stuff Lee,

Looks like you've covered all bases so far.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Regards

Darren

Fafnir
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
she is to wide to fit into an enclosed 40ft container

That explains the shipping cost then. I was thinking a container would have been a cheaper option.

Great read, thanks for sharing. Mate and I have been tossing up buying in the US. Been interesting reading how the dollars add up.

Also, I know a guy who has brought 2 boats over through import-a-boat. He can't speak highly enough of them, so based on what he says, I think you made the right call.

leezor
06-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Good stuff Lee,

Looks like you've covered all bases so far.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Regards

Darren

Don't know about that mate, with all the paper work involved I am bound to have not crossed T or dotted an I somewhere.

tsea
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow ...What a great story. I remember reading a series of artilcles in F&B a long while back about the process of importing. Those seaswirls certainly look the goods. Sounds like you have been dealing with some quality people over in the US who have your best interests in mind.

Best of luck
TC

leezor
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
That explains the shipping cost then. I was thinking a container would have been a cheaper option.

Great read, thanks for sharing. Mate and I have been tossing up buying in the US. Been interesting reading how the dollars add up.

Also, I know a guy who has brought 2 boats over through import-a-boat. He can't speak highly enough of them, so based on what he says, I think you made the right call.

Cheers mate, John and Ian from Import-a-boat have been quite helpful so far and I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with someone locally.
Next time I bring one over I will take a holiday to Florida and buy one while I am there, I reckon that will be my next bribe to the missus "Hey honey, fancy a holiday in Florida, and while we are here :-* "

boatboy50
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Cheers mate, John and Ian from Import-a-boat have been quite helpful so far and I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with someone locally.
Next time I bring one over I will take a holiday to Florida and buy one while I am there, I reckon that will be my next bribe to the missus "Hey honey, fancy a holiday in Florida, and while we are here :-* "

Lol, Lee, you've caught the bug already. That doesn't usually happen till the boat arrives and you realise how good it is!

It may seem stressful and problematic now, but in the end you will be asking what all the fuss was about.

Regards

Darren

leezor
06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Great read Lee, boat looks sweet8-)
Ohhh, do you have any room for a motor anywhere to bring back over for me;D
Daz

Sorry mate, no room for another donk. What are you looking at bringing over, a 350 Verado? 8-)

Jabba_
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Jabba..I have a striper..the smaller version..1851WA..if you want a look at it sometime give me a yell..I am in brisbane.
Thanks for the offer... I'll PM you if I am heading to the bay, and we could catch meet there....

leezor
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Lol, Lee, you've caught the bug already. That doesn't usually happen till the boat arrives and you realise how good it is!
It may seem stressful and problematic now, but in the end you will be asking what all the fuss was about.
Regards
Darren

I havn't forgotten that beer I owe you either, will give you a call just before I leave for Brisbane and maybe we can catch up for a couple?

Jabba_
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Jimbo, she is to wide to fit into an enclosed 40ft container. Though could of gone in a "flat pack"which is basically a 40ft container without sides.

Jabba, I will be in Brisbane once it arrives for a couple days, then towing it up to Noosa to stay with my folks and catch up with my mates. Might even find the time to put it in at Tewantin and take it for a spin. Your welcome to have a sticky then if you like.

Lee
I'll be interested in that.. PM me when it arrives......

Cheers

boatboy50
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I havn't forgotten that beer I owe you either, will give you a call just before I leave for Brisbane and maybe we can catch up for a couple?

Hey Lee,

Definately. Give me a call. I'm sure you've got the number.

I may even be interested in popping up to Noosa for a quick run and squizz.

Talk soon.

Darren

NAGG
07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
What an adventure / hassle ....... I hope everything goes well for you Leezor!
Thanks for the post ..... a great read:thumbup:
Nagg
PS .... Now that's one idea I can get out of my mind;)

Wahoo
08-02-2008, 06:26 PM
What are you looking at bringing over, a 350 Verado? 8-)

Mmmmmm maybe, will see the out come;)

Daz

Mrs Ronnie H
08-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I hope you have really researched the importation of secondhand goods. Make sure all your import documentation is supplied and if the boat is made in the USA you have a certificate of origin. You will also need documentation that shows the goods conforms within the Free trade agreement to escape any duties. Any missing paperwork will cause delays in Clearance and can cost Storage fees, payable by you if it is held at port for any length of time.
Also be aware that Customs and AQIS will most likely require an inspection of the container and the boat. Any visible signs of oils, dirt etc and AQIS will require a clean- but they will probably require that anyway. Good luck and keep us all posted. I am interested in what happens when it gets to port.

Ronnie

bearzzy
08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
What a ripper of a rig. Hope all goes well for you from here on. I look forward to the next chapter,

Cheers Bearzzy

Dicko
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice. . Looks like a suitable hull for handling our North Qld 2 foot chop.

Looking forward to seeing it on the water when you get it up here.

leezor
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I hope you have really researched the importation of secondhand goods. Make sure all your import documentation is supplied and if the boat is made in the USA you have a certificate of origin. You will also need documentation that shows the goods conforms within the Free trade agreement to escape any duties. Any missing paperwork will cause delays in Clearance and can cost Storage fees, payable by you if it is held at port for any length of time.
Also be aware that Customs and AQIS will most likely require an inspection of the container and the boat. Any visible signs of oils, dirt etc and AQIS will require a clean- but they will probably require that anyway. Good luck and keep us all posted. I am interested in what happens when it gets to port.

Ronnie

All paper work required has been submitted, including all required documentation about the boats origin. The guys at Import-a-boat look after all the customs and quarantine side of things, I guess thats why they charge what they do. Hopefully they can deliver and all goes to plan, only time will tel....

Lee

HH565L
09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Great thread Lee,

Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Have been thinking about importing a Seaswirl 2301 myself.

Regards,
Spiro

leezor
11-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Just an update for those who are interested, here are some pics of the boat on the new trailer with the hardtop removed ready for the road trip across Florida.

Tomorrow she makes her way accross to Savannah where she is shrink wrapped and strapped properly ready for the trip home. The guys taking it to Savannah will make any adjustmests required to the positioning of the boat on the trailer to minimise overall size for shipping.

So far so good, only 5 weeks to go....looking forward to bolting my 225hp Suzuki on the back once I get her home 8-)

seabug
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi leezor,
Thanks for the update.
What a beautiful boat and trailer.

Regards
seabug

leezor
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Cheers Seabug, can't wait to start the fit and get some blood on the decks :)

Lovey80
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Great looking boat mate. Very interesting read. Sounds like your saving a bundle by doing it this way. Any reason your getting rid of the Yammy? A new donk on the back for peace of mind?

Cheers Chris

leezor
11-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Great looking boat mate. Very interesting read. Sounds like your saving a bundle by doing it this way. Any reason your getting rid of the Yammy? A new donk on the back for peace of mind?

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, it's actually a 1999 200hp Johno with all the decals removed. The Suzuki is on my current boat (Southwind SF20), the plan is to swap engines and then sell the SF20.
I bought the Suzuki 12 months ago with the intention of upgrading the hull at some stage.

Lee

disorderly
11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I bet you can't wait,Lee.It's a perfect reef boat.
At least it's happening during the wet season when it's hard to get out anyway.
I'm waiting in anticipation to hear how it all turns out.
Just wondering if you are going to take it for a spin with the 2 stroke just to remind you what you are missing.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif.

Scott

leezor
11-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I bet you can't wait,Lee.It's a perfect reef boat.
At least it's happening during the wet season when it's hard to get out anyway.
I'm waiting in anticipation to hear how it all turns out.
Just wondering if you are going to take it for a spin with the 2 stroke just to remind you what you are missing.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif.

Scott

Will be tempted to, but the guy I bought it from has recommended I drain all the fuel as its been sitting for a while. So will most likely just get stuck into the engine swap and fitting my electronics all in one go and get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out ;)

disorderly
11-02-2008, 06:28 PM
get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out ;)

Lol,Lee...the bugger did alright saturday night,didn't hehttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif.

leezor
11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Lol,Lee...the bugger did alright saturday night,didn't hehttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif.

Yeah, he got lucky...:o

boatboy50
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Will be tempted to, but the guy I bought it from has recommended I drain all the fuel as its been sitting for a while. So will most likely just get stuck into the engine swap and fitting my electronics all in one go and get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out ;)

Lee,

I take it you won't get a run in Noosa then? Doh!

Are you sure the coupling is legal in Qld? Down here they would pull you up on it when getting a RWC. We recently had to change the coupling on an Ezy Loader because it was the US style. Had to be changed to a 70mm Oz coupling, locking from the top.

What are you towing with? My old 2301 with twins pushed three tonne pretty easily, so bear in mind the weight factor. They are a very big boat to tow, both weight wise and physical size wise.

Regards

Darren

pursuit001
11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
hi leezor now thats a boat nice rig mate hope all goes well .
cheers shane

leezor
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Darren, I had the same coupling on an Ezyloader a couple of years ago, and I didn't really like it so will probably end up changing it anyway. I don't need to get a RWC as it's brand new so could probably get away with it.

The old man and I are going to tow it up up here with his Discovery, I have a Diesel Patrol which I will use once I get it home.

I still may take it for a test run in Noosa, all depends on if I have time to drain the fuel and put the hardtop back on while I am down there.

STUIE63
12-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Lee if it was me I would make the time how can you get a boat like that and not take it out straight away. lovely boat. very good read on importing a boat . will keep my eye out in lucinda
Stuie

PinHead
12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I have that coupling on my ezy loader trailer..I reckon it is great..simple to use.

Getout
12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Love those SeaSwirls. What do you reckon you'll save on new price when it is all done?

Shanoss
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I think the luck may have been in not taking Lee with me Scott. I've noticed my catch rate seems to go down when i have Lee in the boat with me.. Could be cos he is too much of a wuss to pull anchor when we need to move, or it could be cos he likes to try and break my windscreen with his head, and therefore distracts us from the fishing. Either way, i'm starting to think he may be smuggling bananas on board.......

leezor
12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Love those SeaSwirls. What do you reckon you'll save on new price when it is all done?

I don't reckon you would get much change out of $120k new, and rarely see them second hand with trailer for under $60k.
So probably will save around $10k, but get a new trailer as well as a good choice of boats from the US market. Then add the $25k I spent on the Suzuki last year, ummm, yeah well lets not add it all up it will get scary!

Shane, I noticed your haul of Reds included some rather small specimens, are you sure they were legal???:o

Shanoss
12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Small specimens? i think maybe you have been spending too much time looking at your own small specimen Lee. That was a sweet bag of small mouth buddy'o.

leezor
12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Small specimens? i think maybe you have been spending too much time looking at your own small specimen Lee. That was a sweet bag of small mouth buddy'o.

Mate as long as your happy with catching tiddlers, thats ok with me. :P

disorderly
12-02-2008, 08:24 PM
It would be an interesting day at the reef for you fella's I'd reckon.
Never a dull moment for sure.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

and well I didnt want to burst your bubble either Shane but now that Lee has brought it up,I did notice some of those nannies do look a little undersized.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

leezor
13-02-2008, 06:33 AM
It would be an interesting day at the reef for you fella's I'd reckon.
Never a dull moment for sure.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Mate there will be a spare seat for you on the Striper if you ever want to come out with us.

leezor
13-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Lee if it was me I would make the time how can you get a boat like that and not take it out straight away. lovely boat. very good read on importing a boat . will keep my eye out in lucinda
Stuie

Hi Stuie, I really enjoy getting out from Lucinda, the reefs seem to fish better up that way. Yell out if you see me around, I have a holiday house on the river in Cordelia which we just signed a tenant, thankfully. Spent 6 months renovating the bloody thing so will be nice to head up that way to do some fishing rather than painting.

Take it easy

Lee

STUIE63
13-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Lee I've got a holiday house in Halifax so we are nearly neighbours I don't rent it as I like to have beer in the fridge when I go up makes it a lot easier all I have to bring is bread and milk. mate we'll definately have to catch up.
Stuie

leezor
13-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Lee I've got a holiday house in Halifax so we are nearly neighbours I don't rent it as I like to have beer in the fridge when I go up makes it a lot easier all I have to bring is bread and milk. mate we'll definately have to catch up.
Stuie

Most definately mate, I will PM you so we can swap info :)

Cheers,

Lee

boatboy50
15-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Lee,

Thought you may find some interest in this link. Some good ideas on mods.

This is the second one I owned. A great boat, now for sale again!

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2885740

And it's in your neck of the woods!

Regards

Darren

Shanoss
15-02-2008, 04:35 PM
There is just no pleasing you lot... I still maintain thats its just envy on both of your parts...

leezor
21-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Yet another update....

Ok, the Striper landed in Savannah last Tuesday and was loaded onto the ship ready for the trip home. The windscreen was removed to reduce the overall dimensions while it was there.
It left Savannah on the 17th, the ship is currently in Baltimore loading more freight and will leave in a couple of days headed for Panama, then onto Brisbane. Will be ready for collection on the 20th of March, just before the Easter long weekend.

I have been struggling to obtain a periodic excess load permit which I was told is needed to legally tow the boat on Australian roads due to the witdh of the boat (2.59mt)
Finally got in touch with someone at Townsville Police traffic branch and he advised me that they no longer issue periodic oversize load permits, they used to issue them for periods of 12 month.
He basically told me all I need to do is have Oversize signs, lights, flags etc and all will be legal. It is now the responsibilty of the driver to ensure they abide by the rules and regs.

Anyway, here is a pic of the boat at the dock getting prepared for loading.

boatboy50
22-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Lee,

If you google Gibbs truck parts here on the Gold Coast, they have all the signs and things you will need. There prices are usually fairly reasonable.

I may have a spare oversize sign down here if you would need it to.

What size towball will you need for the trailer?

Regards

Darren

leezor
22-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks Darren, PM sent mate.

Lee

bayfisher
22-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Darren, I had the same coupling on an Ezyloader a couple of years ago, and I didn't really like it so will probably end up changing it anyway. I don't need to get a RWC as it's brand new so could probably get away with it.

The old man and I are going to tow it up up here with his Discovery, I have a Diesel Patrol which I will use once I get it home.

I still may take it for a test run in Noosa, all depends on if I have time to drain the fuel and put the hardtop back on while I am down there.

I would recommend changing that coupling. The trailer will not need a roadworthy but will still need to be certified by Queensland transport or an HVRAS officer. Regardless I'm sure the insurance company wouldn't look to favorably on a non complaint coupling if god forbid anything was to happen.

Cheers Chris

leezor
22-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for your input Chris, the original plan was to change the coupling in Brisbane before I towed it home, but it all seemed to difficult so have decided to wait till I get it back to Townsville.

Cheers,

lee

bayfisher
22-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I just reread that last post of mine it almost sounded like i was giving a lecture. Trailers are what i do for a living i don't mean to sound so negative i was just giving you my "professional" opinion :P . Now if you need someone who is HAVRAS certified to certify your trailer.... ;D . I don't think you will have any dramas anyway, it sounds and looks like a pretty sweet rig you have purchased.

Cheers Chris

leezor
22-02-2008, 09:11 PM
No problems Chris, I didn't think the coupling would comply with our regulations. I suppose I was trying to get around having to replace it straight away. I didn't even think about the insurance implications if there was an accident. So I think its probably wise to get it replaced ASAP.

Thanks again,

Lee

wogboykane
23-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks leezor iam thinking about doing the same thing.Ive been looking at 25foot proline ,i have 40000aud 2 spend the boat is 23000usd.Do u think that i will be able 2 do it at that price. It is located at fourt laurderdale fl.

PinHead
24-02-2008, 06:46 AM
quick question..why isn't the coupling legal here ?

leezor
24-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks leezor iam thinking about doing the same thing.Ive been looking at 25foot proline ,i have 40000aud 2 spend the boat is 23000usd.Do u think that i will be able 2 do it at that price. It is located at fourt laurderdale fl.

I reckon it's going to cost you over $50k landed:

Boat - $23,000usd
Road transport to port - $1200usd
Ocean freight - $15000usd
Total - $39,200usd = $43,000aud (roughly)
GST on $43000 = $4300

I reckon your up for roughly $48,000 landed, then on top of that you will have Australian customs fees which will be around $1000. Then you also need to allow for other things such as, dissasembly costs over there, trailer import fee ($50), making the trailer compliant, If the trailer doesnt have 4 wheel discs and electric over hyraulic brakes you will be up for close to $4000aud.
Then you also need to allow for having the boat checked out, that cost me $350usd.

I reckon your going to need atleast another $10k on top of your budget to the Pro-Line home.

Cheers,

Lee

leezor
24-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Here are the legal requirements from the Dept of Transport's website:

12.2 Couplings
Couplings must be of a positive locking type with provision for a second independent device. The locking must be readily verifiable by visual inspection.
Trailers having an ATM of up to 3.5 tonnes must have a quick release coupling which is designed to be engaged and disengaged without the use of tools.

12.2.1 50mm Ball Couplings
Ball couplings used on trailers with an ATM of up to 3.5 tonnes must comply with the Australian Standard AS 4177.3-1994 and be installed so that the height of the centre of the body of the ball coupling is between 350mm and 420mm from the ground when laden. A coupling body complying with AS 4177.3 will be marked with:
· its manufacturer's name or trademark if Australian made;
· the mark '50';
· the maximum rating for the coupling body in one of the following as applicable
- 750 kg; or
- 2000 kg; or
- 3500 kg;

· a code to indicate the serial number batch production date or similar;
· the words 'DO NOT WELD' if the coupling body is manufactured from cast iron or other non-weldable materials.

12.2.2 Couplings for trailers of ATM over 3.5 tonnes and up to 4.5 tonnes
Trailers under this category can use Automatic Pin Couplings Hook Couplings or other couplings complying with ADR 62/ 01.
Before purchasing a coupling for this size trailer you should require that the coupling supplier provides a statement confirming that the coupling complies with ADR 62/ 01.
If you intend to manufacture your own coupling then you will need to obtain a set of Australian Design Rules and conduct physical testing to ensure compliance.

leezor
24-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Here is a photo of the coupling, it's rated at 7000lbs and uses a 2 5/16 ball not 50mm, does any one know for sure if it is not legal here?

Thebuffalo
24-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Very interesting thread Leezor. When I bought my last boat it was from Sydney. I am in the NT so had to have it inspected etc.

I can remember the stress of that let alone bring one from the states.

The savings will make it worth while. International trade is so common these days, bit like buying fishing gear, just a big bit of gear that's all.

Really hope it all works out for you, I have only heard good things about these hulls.

Goes to show what the mark up is like here doesn't it. Shame the local importers couldn't match the US prices.

wogboykane
24-02-2008, 02:52 PM
thanks mate I realy appriciate it

boatboy50
24-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Lee and Pinhead,

As you guys probably know, I work in the trade.

The 2/5/16 ball is illegal (or the coupling that holds it is anyway). It has to be 50mm or 70mm. We have had to change our Easy Loader trailers to 70mm balls to be compliant.

Somehow, when they import the boats, the first buyer is allowed to use the couplings as in the pics. But when we send them off for a roadworthy to transfer to the second owner, they are deemed illegal. Not sure how they get away with it from new (I have enquired to Qld Transport to no avail), but thats what happens.

Trying to find actual answers to these questions from Qld Transport is like getting blood from a stone. Take it to the next level of management is the wall I continually hit when trying for answers from line staff and inspectors.

Regards

Darren

bayfisher
24-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Lee and Pinhead,

As you guys probably know, I work in the trade.

The 2/5/16 ball is illegal (or the coupling that holds it is anyway). It has to be 50mm or 70mm. We have had to change our Easy Loader trailers to 70mm balls to be compliant.

Somehow, when they import the boats, the first buyer is allowed to use the couplings as in the pics. But when we send them off for a roadworthy to transfer to the second owner, they are deemed illegal. Not sure how they get away with it from new (I have enquired to Qld Transport to no avail), but thats what happens.

Trying to find actual answers to these questions from Qld Transport is like getting blood from a stone. Take it to the next level of management is the wall I continually hit when trying for answers from line staff and inspectors.

Regards

Darren

It has me puzzled how the first buyer is allowed "legally" to use the coupling. My guess would be the importer is certifying and registering the trailers "in house"with little regard for the standard. If so lets hope the importers public liability insurance is up to date. I would also guess if the police or QT were doing road side spot inspection for unroadworthy vehicles they would defect the trailer.:-/

boatboy50
24-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Bay,

My guess is that just like Lee above, they know they don't have to get a RWC, only self assess, so allow themselves to "get away with it".

When it actually has to be assessed, it is deemed illegal.

All the Bayliner, Maxum ect dealers still allow the dodgy couplings. I wonder if any have faced lawsuits from accidents?

When I bought this exact issue up with DOT, they just shrugged it off and handballed their responsability.

Regards

Darren

P.S. Pinhead, The reason is something to do with the US couplings not being able to lock onto the ball to our standards. I take it your recent purchase has the US coupling? Maybe you should bring this topic up with Cunningham's and see what outcome you get?

bayfisher
24-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I can see why QT would shrug the issues off, as it is the responsibility of the HAVRAS certifier or self assessor (trailers under 750atm) to see to it that the trailer meets the Australian standards. If something was to go wrong QT would be in the clear and the certifier or self assessor would also be legally liable.

redy roosta
25-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone had any prices on importing a smaller bass boat

Cheers james

ianzajac
25-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Leezor -

This is an interesting first thread for me to follow on this site. I'm buyin a new boat this year but think I'll leave importing one for a nother few years !

I was wondering though - if a boat were purchased that did fit into a shipping container and could be strapped in, do you think the price would be less than you are paying for this import? Was this your original plan?

If it is cheaper then importing may be an option for me later this year?

Regards
Ian.

Noelm
25-02-2008, 10:24 AM
don't think the container would be all that much cheaper, but it would probably make for a safer trip with less chance of damage, and be easier to load/unload.

Brumby
25-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Container transport is substantially cheaper, probably by at least 50% from what I've been told.

PinHead
25-02-2008, 04:33 PM
The transport is usually quite good..pic attached is of my previous boat..arrived as deck freight on The Tampa..not a blemish on it at all...I would not be too worried about the boat being deck freight.

ianzajac
26-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi PinHead -

I'm not too worried about damage when deck freighted. I would have thought though that deck freight is a more time consuming venture when compared to a container and due to this the container option might be much cheaper :-/

I think I will juts avoid importing all together for a few years though and go with a Cruisecraft or Yalta later this year. Work is hectic enough this year to start worrying about my boat on the otherside of the world! As it is, I will more than likely buy a boat interstate because in Adelaide the prices really are rediculous compared to what everyone on the east coast gets :'( Organising interstate transport will be bad enough!

boatboy50
22-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Hey Lee,

Must be about here by now?

Any latest news?

Regards

Darren

Gary Fooks
23-03-2008, 06:41 PM
James - about $6,000 - if you want to share a container I'm interested

Gary
0412 111 573

leezor
28-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, after months of waiting my Striper finally arrived. I picked it up from the port in Brisbane on Wednesday morning, left Brisbane at around lunchtime and got back to Townsville at 5.30am Thursday. It got through Quarantine without any problems, though after some further inspection at home I found some weird looking live spiders and ants onboard. Not to mention a heap of dirt, leaves and wasp nests in the anchor well.
Have started the engine swap and with any luck will have it ready in a few weeks, will post more info once she hits the water.

Scott nthQld
28-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Just in regards to all the foreign bugs, did you give AQIS a call? they would've been there in about 10 minutes to give a full inspection. Peter's one bloke I deal with all the time, with containers coming in from overseas all the time at work, they are more than helpful and even help us unload the containers so they can clean the conatiner, but also check out the stock to make sure no nasties are left behind.

dogsbody
28-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Hope you did a good pest cull. So much for quarantine hey.

Enjoy the new ride mate.

Dave.

Fisher4life
28-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Lee

Mate what a boat!! The boys mentioned that you were getting a bigger boat, but they were unable to tell me any specifics, other then 'it's big and needs oversize signs to tow it up from brisbane'

So i'm glad i took the time to have a quick look to see if you have posted anything.

I bet your getting itchy feet having the boat at home now, being soooo close to the water....

Can't wait to see the boat on the water. Did you manage to sell your old boat yet?

Cheers
Josh

leezor
28-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Just in regards to all the foreign bugs, did you give AQIS a call? they would've been there in about 10 minutes to give a full inspection. Peter's one bloke I deal with all the time, with containers coming in from overseas all the time at work, they are more than helpful and even help us unload the containers so they can clean the conatiner, but also check out the stock to make sure no nasties are left behind.

I didnt notice the bugs until I got home, I left it shrink wrapped for the road trip. I guess they figured the fumigation did a good enough job. I was suprised it got through, have heard some stories of boats being held up for the days getting through quarantine. And to be honest, I had to be back at work on Thursday so it was a relief to get the nod from quarantine, so thanks to the inspector for lookinag after me :)

leezor
28-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Josh, the SF20 is as good as sold mate, have a buyer lined up pending the outcome a seatrial.

Lee

BM
28-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Hang on. If you have odd looking insects/species on there then it behoves you to contact quarantine and have them inspect your vessel.

You may be harbouring new species on your boat and their integration into Australia could have devastating effects.

You will still get your boat, but isn't there some concern for the environment?

leezor
28-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Hang on. If you have odd looking insects/species on there then it behoves you to contact quarantine and have them inspect your vessel.

You may be harbouring new species on your boat and their integration into Australia could have devastating effects.

You will still get your boat, but isn't there some concern for the environment?

Nothing a tin of Baygon didnt fix :)

Bros
28-03-2008, 11:12 PM
For those that have ever thought about importing their dream boat from the US, read on as this thread will be all about my experiences, some good and no doubt some not so good bringing my new baby home.

It all started early last year while browsing Ebay when I noticed the bang for buck available in the US used boat market. After many hours reading forums, asking hundreds of questions, night after night of research I decided what the hell, lets go for it!

A real good story to read, you did well. I would have had trouble sleeping at night with that amount of money outlayed and nothing to show for it.

I'm worried if I get driven up to close to $100 on ebay

leezor
05-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Took the day off work yesterday to register the boat and trailer. I had to drop the boat in the water to get a weigh bridge certificate, so left my son at the marina with his mate while I arranged the rego. Waited almost 2 hours at the department of transport while they inspected the trailer, things took longer because there were no records on the system of Seaswirl boats or Loadmasters trailers, so they had to add them to the database.
Anyway, the inspection went through no problems, they didn't even question the trailer hitch.
I fitted LED marker lights and indicators to the trailer a couple of days ago as the lighting on the trailer didn't comply.

So, while the boat was in the water we went for a bit of a run. The 225hp Suzuki 4 stroke pushed it along as well as expected. WOT indicated by the GPS was 73km/h (45mph or just under 40 knots) at around 5700rpm, so no need for a prop change.

Once I have finished fitting it out I will start a new post with some pics and accurate fuel usage / performance details for those that have asked.

So, the whole import process went through without any major problems, the guys at Import-A-Boat delivered what they promised and within the estimated budget so thumbs up to Ian and John.

Thankyou to everyone who sent me PM's wishing me the best with this and if anyone else is thinking of importing, feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

Lee

kevinnugent@westnet.
05-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Took the day off work yesterday to register the boat and trailer. I had to drop the boat in the water to get a weigh bridge certificate, so left my son at the marina with his mate while I arranged the rego. Waited almost 2 hours at the department of transport while they inspected the trailer, things took longer because there were no records on the system of Seaswirl boats or Loadmasters trailers, so they had to add them to the database.
Anyway, the inspection went through no problems, they didn't even question the trailer hitch.
I fitted LED marker lights and indicators to the trailer a couple of days ago as the lighting on the trailer didn't comply.

So, while the boat was in the water we went for a bit of a run. The 225hp Suzuki 4 stroke pushed it along as well as expected. WOT indicated by the GPS was 73km/h (45mph or just under 40 knots) at around 5700rpm, so no need for a prop change.

Once I have finished fitting it out I will start a new post with some pics and accurate fuel usage / performance details for those that have asked.

So, the whole import process went through without any major problems, the guys at Import-A-Boat delivered what they promised and within the estimated budget so thumbs up to Ian and John.

Thankyou to everyone who sent me PM's wishing me the best with this and if anyone else is thinking of importing, feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

Lee

Nice work Lee. Bet it was nice to see it actually floated! :)

When you say they came in within estimated budget, did you actually have money left over?

Kevin

disorderly
05-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Nice to hear the boats up and running,Lee.
Did you swap the motors and controls over yourself?

scott

leezor
05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice work Lee. Bet it was nice to see it actually floated! :)

When you say they came in within estimated budget, did you actually have money left over?

Kevin

Yes, It did come in within my estimated costs so was happy with that. And yes it did float which was a relief;D

leezor
05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Nice to hear the boats up and running,Lee.
Did you swap the motors and controls over yourself?

scott

Yeah mate, have done all the work so far myself. Have it booked in next week for its 100hr service and the Dealer is going to check out that its all fitted up ok while its in there.

John Buoy
12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
After having followed this thread with anticipation
it was surprising to see that you have advertised
it for sale!

Frank

Wahoo
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
After having followed this thread with anticipation
it was surprising to see that you have advertised
it for sale!

Frank

Hi Frank, is this the same boat on boatpoint?, i dont think that is Lee's boat:-/
could be wrong thou
http://boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2884653

Daz

Greg P
12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
That rig is in Melbourne not Townsville ;);D;D

John Buoy
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
That rig is in Melbourne not Townsville ;);D;D

Thanks Greg i saw the add on fishnet.:o
The new alloy trailer had me lol. :P
I'm glad it's not Lees' boat after reading all he went thru :)

regards frank

leezor
12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks Greg i saw the add on fishnet.:o
The new alloy trailer had me lol. :P
I'm glad it's not Lees' boat after reading all he went thru :)

regards frank

Hi Frank, thats definately not mine mate. She's not up for sale yet, but my track record with boats will proabably see me upgrading in 12 months or so. Anyway, this one is mine..

tez1
12-04-2008, 10:57 PM
nice setup leezor, my missus likes the name too happens to be the same,first and middle, glad everything thing turned out well for you.

tez

lee8sec
13-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Lee, thanks for the full story & details from some one who has actually done it. I think a few more will give it a go, now that the truth is known. Leigh

John Buoy
13-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi Frank, thats definately not mine mate. She's not up for sale yet, but my track record with boats will proabably see me upgrading in 12 months or so. Anyway, this one is mine..

She looks stunning congratualtions and thanks for clearing that up.

Regards Frank

boatboy50
13-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Lee,

How does the boat stack up to what you were initially thinking.

Do you have any rpm/speed figures on the Zuk combo yet?

And what about the Southwind, has she definately gone?

leezor
13-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Lee,

How does the boat stack up to what you were initially thinking.

Do you have any rpm/speed figures on the Zuk combo yet?

And what about the Southwind, has she definately gone?

Hi Darren,

Am pretty happy with it so far, though only spent 1/2 a day cruising around Magnetic Island yesterday and the weather was far from challenging. Though first impressions are positive.
She cruises comfortably at 4000-4200rpm, which is around 55-60km/h. As expected, fuel consumption is higher than the SF20 she gets around 1.3 - 1.5 km per litre at cruise. At some stage I would like to try a few different props just to see if I can improve my fuel economy at cruise.
Am really impressed with the deck layout, and the walkaround setup is bloody brilliant!

The Southwind has definately gone, though she will be powered by a 2004 model 200hp Yamaha Saltwater Series which is getting fitted as we speak. Should be a sweet package for the new owner, and hopefully he gets as much enjoyment out of it that I did.

PinHead
13-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Lee, I finally had the chance yesterday to give my little Striper a bit of a work out. (was in the boat solo)...turned hard into several corners..no slip..hull felt brillaint..almost had it over on the gunwhales..I love it.

3800rpm was doing 28.5knots.

Fisher4life
13-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Lee the boat looks excellent! It's good to hear it all worked out good for you.
I bet you can't wait for some better weather to take it out to the reef to get some fish on board

Cheers
Josh

skipalong
14-04-2008, 06:47 AM
excellent mate she will be good

Dr_Dan
19-04-2008, 08:53 AM
It looks a beast on the water mate. Looks like will get the southwind out over the ANZAC weekend. Might see you on the water..........

Lovey80
01-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Hey leezor, how is the Seaswirl going? Any bad points come up with the boat yet? Is there anything during the importing process that you would have done differently?

Cheers

Chris

rcfisher
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but think he had it up for sale a while ago.

boatboy50
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I havn't seen Lee around for a while. He may have been deployed overseas, which is partly why he had her up for sale I believe.

I don't know if he sold her or not.

He was very happy with the boat and the import process.

Regards

Darren

PinHead
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey leezor, how is the Seaswirl going? Any bad points come up with the boat yet? Is there anything during the importing process that you would have done differently?

Cheers

Chris

I am very happy with my SeaSwirl..would not change it for anything except a bigger SeaSwirl.

Lovey80
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
With the Aussie follar pegging back the the USD at a very fast rate I can see more than just me looking at importing in the near future.

siegfried
02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Albemarle 265 might be on its way if/when the formula goes, dollar is lookin good;D

leezor
03-06-2009, 10:18 PM
hi everyone, i ended up selling her to a fellow ausfisher who lives in weipa. Unfortunately i had to sell as we decided to buy another house. Looking at getting something a tad smaller soon to get amongst the macks that are about atm.

boatboy50
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey Lee,

Looking to import again? The dollar is attractive again!

I'm heading over next week for a "look"!

Regards

Darren

leezor
04-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Darren,

Good luck over there mate. should be plenty of bargains on offer for you this time around. No importing for me this time though, am going to get something local, probably a 5-6mt platey.