PDA

View Full Version : Threats to the GBR by Walter Starck

countbaysea
05-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Has everyone read this article?

http://ipa.org.au/files/IPABackgrounder17-1.pdf

from his conclusion
"Science as a methodology is our best hope. Open, objective, rational, evidence-based analysis is essential to identifying real environmental problems and finding workable solutions. When some problems turn out to not be real, or are less bad than feared, this must be acknowledged and investigated, not denied and denigrated. There is no shortage of real problems. We have no need to manufacture imaginary ones." Walter Starck

A very relevant read.

Ta
Shane

Lovey80
06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
That is bloody brilliant!!! What we/fishermen/all of Australia need is to have a "Documentry" style show done on this report similar to Al gore's one on global warming. This needs to be done ASAP and aired on Australian T.V. ASAP. Something like this could be our only saviour for Moreton bay and for the future of the GBR.

Thanks heaps

Chris

Lovey80
07-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I expected more replies countbysea. I think everyone that has ever made a comment about Greenzones and the Moreton bay debacle needs to read that report!!!!!

Cheers Chris

countbaysea
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I dont mind no eplies mate, i just hope people read it and get another view of things. ABC had a special on researching the run-off up north and the effects it has on the reef. Interesting they had nothing unordinary to report yet.
ta
shane

I wonder if the KM squared fishing research has been done in the bay?