PDA

View Full Version : 2 units possible

polky
05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Fellas 525s has arrived will be fitting on weekend, already have garmin 340c sounder flush mounted with transducer on right side of transom. Can i mount the 525s with transducer on the left on transom, both are dual freq transducers. I know I will not be able to run both sounders at same time Just like the comfort of being able to use each sounder, same with h/h gps it will come with me when I head out wide. Is there a way of setting this up using the one transducer, Polky

dunmears
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I've got a Furuno 620 ( fantastic sounder ) side by side to a Humminbird matrix 12 the space between both units would be 300mm and I get a perfect picture on both when both are operating at the same time. I'ts interesting to have them both on and just look at the returns from both units although they are showing basically the same reading they are like chalk and cheese when looking at the screen. The Furuno is like going to the movies and watching the picture on a great big brilliant hi definition colour screen. If your getting the 585 then thats even better you won't be dissapointed.

trueblue
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I had trouble with my Raymarine DS600X when I first put it in. Later I found out that i shouldn't have put the transducer cable up the side of the boat with the electric wires etc.

I moved the ducer cable to the other side of the boat, and moved the sounder away from my GPS - now works much better.

I also have trouble with reading at speed due to the shape of the hull etc and fact that the best place for my ducer is blocked by my trim tabs - so the good sounder won't run at high speed (over 20 knots)

So I installed my old Lowerance X-65 sounder back into the boat. The ducer for the X-65 I glued into the hull to shoot through the hull (used sikaflex - not the best method but works)

Basically, If I am navigating at high speed, I turn the Raymarine unit off, and turn the Lowerance unit on.

Never tried turning them both on at the same time because they would both be operating at 200 khz and I had heard that it wouldn't be good for either unit.

I am keen to find out if they can be run simultaneously or not.

Cheers

Mick

tenzing
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a furuno 620 as well . I have it standing up in the middle of the dash so I can see it frpm the back. I also have a raymarine A65 combo mounted in the steering position.

Despite predictions to the contrary they will both work at the same time, and the HD picture on the raymarine is smaller but as good as the Furuno. It is interesting to see both screens when you are drifting in the shallows as the few feet between transducers gives 2 diiferent images.