PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine or Furuno

Johnno60
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi all, I am just about to retire and get serious about fishing. (thats of course if anywhere is left) Can anyone tell me the difference between Raymarine 600 and Furuno 620 sounders? they read very similar on paper Raymarine being a little cheaper. Thanks..

deadbeatloser
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
i have the 500 which is 1inch smaller screen...
not that overly impressed with my rm.
furuno would be my choice next time round,
the furuno has a lot better features than the rm(works better)

dbl:o

Leighton
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
i have the 500 which is 1inch smaller screen...
not that overly impressed with my rm.
furuno would be my choice next time round,
the furuno has a lot better features than the rm(works better)

dbl:o
Was it you DBL who was having screen fogging issues? Has this issue been fixed in the newer models and what is it about the RM you dont like?

deadbeatloser
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
yes am still having fogging probs , i dont have the time to send it back and wait a couple of weeks , will just end up buying a 620 furuno soon myself in time.
i find that the 620 in my m8's boat just seems to perform allround better in all aspects (clarity on screen , more user friendly i think,) zoom function are heaps better on the furuno,,, will sell you my rm cheap????????

ps. like the garmins as well

dbl;D

revs57
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
G'day johnno,

I have a raymarine ds500x and have had no problems with screen foggin at all. I've had this sounder for 4 years and have been happy with its performance. i have a 600watt thru hull transducer and now i've got the mounting sorted it works fine. the major negative is that to adjust gain and range you have to go through a set of pop down menus.

Major positive, works very well in fishing auto if your a little techno challenged as i am. i have considered changing it for a 585 furuno for the extra flexability, but I've just started fiddling with the raymarine and have now got it set up just right.

cheers

rhys

Leighton
05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
are the transom mounted trans as effective as the through hull? or no difference at all? Advantages/ Disadvantages of either?

joeT
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
My Raymarine (1 month old) is starting to fog a little, although it clears by itself if left out for a while. Good performance but its been around for a while and shows its age. Just the menu's and interface remind me of computing with DOS...