PDA

View Full Version : barcrusher

eagle1
03-02-2008, 05:35 AM
hi all, this is my first post on this sight, hope you dont mind me asking a few questions
getting serious about updateing my 435 hornit,to a 530 or 560 wr barcrusher,to fish the salt water manely around the woollangong erea, was wondering if anybody has one of these boats [center console] ??
also when the swell picks up abit are the center console boats as safe as a half cuddie??
and could some one tell me a barcrusher dealer that sells suzuki out boards around the sydney erea??
thanks for any info

backlash08
03-02-2008, 05:46 AM
eagle, I might be able to help a little, I have just sold my barcrusher, it was a 560C, I had a 115 yam 4 strok on it. I cant comment on the centre console but i would think a cuddy is always going to take less water so that answers the saftey question for me (having said that I've just ordered a centre cab. overall the BC is a great boat for what it is, I would go the 560 over the 530 for the extra dollars, they are a good sea boat, they ride well and perform well

good luck

Craig

Far side
03-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Eagle1
The factory will fit the df140 to the 560 from any dealer you just need to spec it
Get tabs fitted as well the boat needs it
A CC is better for wave work you need to be able to shed the water

lippa
03-02-2008, 08:57 AM
what do ya want for the hornet?

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I have been out in a bar crusher and i think there ride is not cracked up to what they say it is i really like the tabs boats they are a great sea boat and super strong, a mate of mine has got one and he swears by it. He has got a 580 half cabin with a 150 yamaha 4 stroke on it i would also consider the yamaha motor they seem to have the best name of the lot. Hope you have fun no matter what you buy Regards mark

eagle1
03-02-2008, 06:24 PM
thanks for the replies, not easy buying a new boat [but enjoyable i spose]

far side, wheres the factory at mate, and what do you meen by spec it,

tin can marlin, i like the yammies as well, but they say the suzuki has much better fuel economy, and a bit better power apparently, but cost abit more as well, blakes marine sell the package at winsor so more than likely it will be the yammy

lippa sell the hornet for around the 12k mark, with fish finder,50pd min kota, bute 50hp yammy 2stroke [always serviced] and 5 metre dunbier sports traller [ they sent the wrong traller when i ordered the boat]

thanks clee for the info, i checked out a 530 wr barcrusher at blakes marine the other week, first impressions were it was on the small side, id like to see a 560,

i have a nissan patrol wagon 3litre turbo and have been thinking the center console would be better to tow over the mountains, less wind resistence, and also could fish more people at the same time, thanks again for the help much appreciated
cheers

Far side
03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
When you order you just say you want a df 140 on it they will install and test at the factory Have agood hard look at the bar crusher there are a lot of things that they do with this boat that is good and different plus it has a few minuses as well
I really notice it when I get on other peoples boats and watch them launch and retrieve at ramps
The stability at rest is great particularly when casting and fishing plastics of the deck in a few knots of wind
I do a bit of bar work and find the hull very manoverable and wave frendly

scungey
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
eagle 1....before you spend the hard earned you must go fo a test ride in the barcrusher....forget the wave jumping hype give it a proper test....1. put you and 2 mates on one side of the boat: at rest, at troll at fast troll and then on the plane.....give it a serious test ride and back down as if on a fish.
then do the same in a 560 Topender or Legend. they are the driest of the centre consoles.......the flared bow works a treat. If you want a stable platform at all speeds and soft and dry ride that would be my reccomendation. My 460 Topender was accomplished outside rig....also good for the freshwater where your hornet was used.

Simmo2
03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I dont own one, but a mate around the corner does.
He loves it, but he says when it gets lumpy, put all ya gear in waterproof bags...
They are a wet boat. (CC)