PDA

View Full Version : What's going on here???

finga
02-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Noticed this in the trading post.
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/DealerProducts/DealerProductsList.aspx?ProductID=18140

All at auction.
Most new, some secondhand.
What's the go???
Where did they all come from??
Not Sundowne stuff is it??
Hope not because someone is going to miss out on their money if it is :-/

Horse
02-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Looks like there is an auction for some of the other stuff from Sundown listed in today's Courier mail

Dignity
02-02-2008, 07:13 AM
I have been out of circulation for a while so dont understand - what's happening to Sundown?

BR65
02-02-2008, 07:15 AM
I dont think sundown were allycraft dealers - only tin boats in the yard were quinnies, that I recall

tin can marlin
02-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi guys it looks like cunninghams product range maybe there in a bit of trouble as well. Maybe they need some cash flow.

finga
02-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi guys it looks like cunninghams product range maybe there in a bit of trouble as well. Maybe they need some cash flow.
Could be right.
And in all honesty people go nuts at an auction.
They usually end up paying more then if you went into a dealer and...well dealed with them.
So the auction might be a good idea for the cash flow thingo.

Dignity
02-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Thought about going as I was going past that way but wondered about waranty issues

Sea-Dog
02-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Is this a result of the proposed bay closures already? :'(

boatboy50
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Guys,

Most of the Allycrafts had Yamaha's, and i'm sure they belonged to Westside Marine as he also had a number of other boats there like the kiwi imports.

I actually had my boat at auction, but like most vendors there, it was a bit of a non event. I doubt there was one boat sold for a decent price, most were passed in for well below there worth.

Regards

Darren

Brumby
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Am I the only one that heard about it too late? I only saw the thread mid morning, by which time it was a bit late to hop in the car headed for Brissie.

Damn, that Ez loader trailer would have worked for me!

Brumby
02-02-2008, 08:15 PM

I actually had my boat at auction, but like most vendors there, it was a bit of a non event. I doubt there was one boat sold for a decent price, most were passed in for well below there worth.

Regards

Darren

Hey Darren

Any examples on the price front, hope it's not a sign of the general softening of the market.

Cheers

boatboy50
02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Brumby,

That Ezy Loader trailer you speak of is the one my boat is currently sitting on!

The trailer sold for $6k + 5.5% commissions.

It's probably the only thing that sold for a high price.

IMHO, thats a high price, considering it needed some serious work to make it legal and registerable, and also considering you can buy one any day of the week from Tweed Coast for about 8.5k registered and legal.

It is way too big for your Mustang anyway, and they are not the best trailers available. You need a Dunbier SRW7.0. You can buy it new for under 10k from any dealer any day.

What market are you looking at? I can probably tell you what a specific boat got up to, but most were passed in.

Regards

Darren

Brumby
03-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks Darren, yeah they wouldn't have gotten $6,850 of my money for that. I'm not afraid of second hand and in some ways would rather get a bare yard trailer and fit up the brake system new, instead of possibly inheriting someone else's problems. It needs to be for the right price though, otherwise its new for me and back to the dealer if there is any drama.

Cheers

Carl