PDA

View Full Version : brisbane river wharfs ?

Nico.d.R
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I known you are not alowed near the wharfs at fishermans island , are all wharfs and jetties in the brisbane river the same ? like between the mouth and southbank area and if there is no boat mored on them can you fish there ?

thanks nico

o bag
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
im pretty sure its only from hamilton to the mouth, we got told to piss off by port secos on the weekend and no ship(s) were around when fishing in between to jettys...sorry of im wrong

petelaska
01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi All
I haven't fished the river (usually fish Redcliffe reefs) and am interested in doing a bit of river fishing on the windy days. Do the wharves have no fishing signs on them or do you fish untill someone tells you to pee off? and what sort of authority do the security guards have?
Pete

mik01
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I've fished the bp wharf without issue on the weekends. I think the port authorities only monitor the fishermans island wharves? Chief will be the guy in the know about this as he always fishes the river...

Hamish73
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM
there always seems to be boats fishing around p&o etc. I have fished there with no issues. The only time I got the 'hurry up' from port security was when I got a bit close to QE2 for their liking.

GAFYM
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Have had no problem with Port Security on the lower river wharves unless there has been a ship berthed alongside. Actually had them tell me where was a good spot on one occasion.....and it was.

Nico.d.R
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
i got offerd a $3000 fine at the end of the pipes near boggy creek . I didnt know the ship was full of fuel and there was no no fishing signs to be seen , lucky we got a warning .
I am heading out there tommorow arvo if the weather is good , i am still trying to get my first thready , i have tried a couple of times on the banks near boggy and had no luck . Do they get caught at the mouth much (near the rock wall )?

oldboot
02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
It's suposed to be 30 metres from the warves or mored shipes.

Yep I'd like to know haw far it applies...... there are a few...."dis-used" warves & structures.... does it apply to those.

cheers

Nico.d.R
02-02-2008, 11:30 PM
today i saw a few boats anchored up and they were only 10m away , they were there when we left still so they must not have been botherd by port sercurity .