PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Equiped Ramps

copie
31-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi all i am sure this has had a mention before but ????. I live on brisbanes southside and generally fish outside from the gold coast through to moloolabah with no ramp issues. But when i want to take the family out i am restricted to useing ramps with pontoons as i am the only driver. I have used the one at the coast just over the bridge the one at comslie near the gateway bridge and am aware of the ramp at victoria point, some of these ramps not so good at lower tides so this can be a bit restrictive as well. Can anyone help with advise on other local ramps with pontoons, oh and no ramp rage either.
Thanks for any help offered MARK.

peterbo3
01-02-2008, 06:11 AM
The ramp at Spinnaker Sound (Bribie) has a beach either side. Would be the easiest ramp to use anywhere. Is very popular though I have not experienced any ramp rage there.

finga
01-02-2008, 06:22 AM
The one at Carbrook near the ski place (where you have to pay to keep your car there) has a pontoon.
Pretty handy little ramp :)

Fatenhappy
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM
When on the north side, try the ramp just up river (near the recycle centre) at Nudge Beach. Spot on with pontoon and deep water access close by.

Cheers
Greg

ovakil
02-02-2008, 06:33 PM
When on the north side, try the ramp just up river (near the recycle centre) at Nudge Beach. Spot on with pontoon and deep water access close by.

Cheers
Greg

What street is it near,so
i can look up in refedex
thanks

SCOTTYGC
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
the grand hotel ramp in labrador gold coast has a pontoon

not sure about the ramp rage

plenty of jet skis

sheridan
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Mark

Rudy Maas marina at cabbage tree point road steiglitz next to horizon shores is a good 3 lane ramp with pontoon like boarding areas both sides of the ramp
havn't seen any ramp rage . The owners on busy days supervise the ramp and help if required

2iar
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
What street is it near,so
i can look up in refedex
thanks

Nudgee Road I reckon.

Past the Australian Catholic University and then the dump.

Good luck,
Mike

Vitamin Sea
03-02-2008, 05:50 AM
G'Day

The southern ramp at Manly, next the the RQYS, don't tell anyone thyough

Regards

copie
03-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Hey thanks guys, i am looking for something with a little closer acess to peel, harry,s etc. Vitamin Sea the ramp you are suggesting could you give me a street name. I was under the impression that was a club and was for members only, a bit like the Redlands. Thanks again MARK AND FAMILY

tunaticer
03-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Whack these locations into google earth and you can see the ramps.

Spinaker Sound ramp 27° 4'9.93"S, 153° 8'1.20"E Excellent ramp with sand beaches
Scarborough ramp 27°11'38.23"S, 153° 6'17.80"E
Deepwater Bend Pine River ramp 27°17'56.14"S, 153° 2'6.71"E
Nudgee ramp 27°21'45.57"S, 153° 6'10.50"E

Jack.

copie
03-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Hey thanks Jack i had actually forgotton about the ramp at scarborough.
MARK

Fatenhappy
03-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey Mark ... just gotten back to this thread and noticed your Nudge Beach location query

The ramp at Nudge Beach is on Nudge Road itself almost dead opposite the Brisbane City recycling centre. Have a look at UBD map 121 N3

Hope that helps
Greg

Vitamin Sea
03-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey thanks guys, i am looking for something with a little closer acess to peel, harry,s etc. Vitamin Sea the ramp you are suggesting could you give me a street name. I was under the impression that was a club and was for members only, a bit like the Redlands. Thanks again MARK AND FAMILY

Hi Mark

Pretty sure that it is Royal Esplanade, drive along the waterfront towards Lota, past East Coast Marina, look to the left, you will see a large carpark, can't miss it.

It is not in the RQYS, entrance is on the LHS before you enter RQYS.

Good ramp, hopfully this link will work

Cheers

Bill

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?nref=homeMap (http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?nref=homeMap)

Vitamin Sea
03-02-2008, 09:34 AM
try again

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/confirmedMap.do?nref=homeMap (http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?nref=homeMap)

copie
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks again to all for the helpfull responses. I took my wife and the kids for lunch today to manly and checked out both ramps, the one at the southern end is just perfect. Special thanks to Vitamin Sea.
Thanks MARK.

Vitamin Sea
03-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks again to all for the helpfull responses. I took my wife and the kids for lunch today to manly and checked out both ramps, the one at the southern end is just perfect. Special thanks to Vitamin Sea.
Thanks MARK.

Here to assist, just don't tell anyone about it, it's a nice quiet ramp:-X

cheers