PDA

View Full Version : electric motor deck plugs or waterproof anderson plugs

dooley
31-01-2008, 09:50 PM
hi guys,

just fitted a new leccy to my tinny and am looking to put a plug on the gunnel so that i can unplug the leccy to take it out of the boat.

are there any waterproof anderson plugs available or is there a waterproof deck plug that ppl recommend ?

i already have a hole in the gunnel near the motor where my old antenna bracket was mounted that i can utilise.

cheers,
d

Leighton
31-01-2008, 09:52 PM
minn kota do a deck plug, pretty bulky and not cheap
Could you some how locate an andersons plug inside a battery box?

dooley
31-01-2008, 10:16 PM
minn kota do a deck plug, pretty bulky and not cheap
Could you some how locate an andersons plug inside a battery box?

g'day mate,

i'd like to run the cables neatly through the gunnel then down the sides, under the floor and into the battery box which is in a batterybox underfloor.

if i put an anderson plug in the battery box i'll need a hole in the gunnel big enough to pull the plug through so that i can quick release.

Poseidon
01-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I use a normal Anderson Plug on the front casting deck and have had no problems.

What I also did was make up a lead with another Anderson Plug on it that attaches to the battery charger and plugs into this deck outlet to charge the battery. It was alot easier then getting under the front deck to the battery to charge each time. Just remember to lift one of the hatches to let some fresh air in whilst charging.