PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any mail on northside shake up

tin can marlin
31-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone Just wanted to know if anyone had any inside mail on what is happening on the northside of brisbane with quintrex and do you think that quintrex will end up with cunninghams or northside marie and also what is happening with the major motor brands who is going to end up with what.

tin can marlin
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I have got some private replies saying that sundown are re opening in a different boat yard and thay are keeping quintrex. They said that it will be in a couple of weeks. I fanyone has any futher info that would be great.

dfox
02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
There seems to be another boat yard opening at a different location, but i think youll find it has a different owner and possiably a number of ex staff that lost there jobs at sundown...

BR65
02-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Have heard similar rumours, but not Sundown opening back up.
Seems to be a bit of activity at the old car yard on the corner of Anzac and Oxley??

Blueroo
02-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Hope the old service staff are still around. The Mariner is overdue for a service.
Stue

tin can marlin
02-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I will have to do a drive by and check it out if they get yamaha and quintrex like sundown had they should go ok

Fish Guts
02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
who cares about quintrex thou...

tin can marlin
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
True i dont know why so many people like them you would think that they will end up with yamaha i have heard kratzmanns caravans are gettig them.

Fish Guts
02-02-2008, 07:19 PM
did a loop around sundown today, was bloody sad to see such a demise of a business with all the cars locked up ect.

dont know where the yam's are going but i doubt theyd be anywhere near quintrex. the merc deal with quintrex having boats prefitted at telwater was a nail in the coffin for sundown.

lippa
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
new yard will be merc/quintrex bmt packages

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 08:46 AM
I think that as fish guts said quintrex bmt's was the end for sundown so not good signs for new dealership. You would have to think that they would try and get yamaha.

boatie_72
03-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Speaking from knowledge of industry, Yamaha left sundown just before brisbane boat show last year, for reason undiscloseds. The rumour is that kratzmans will be getting Yamaha and to what happens with Qunnie is yet unknown.

borrie01
03-02-2008, 04:17 PM
hi there mate i can tell you for sure kratzmanns marine have yamaha i purchased one there last week great service and bloody good price too there on the eastern service road at burpengary near the weighbridge they also have some of sundowns service and arts staff
cheers

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Gee yamaha must be going away from the normal boat dealer set up. Seems risky to put a large caravan yard on but then yamaha are not fools after all they are the most sold motor in the would.

lippa
03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
kratsman does have yammy. quintrex will be in the new yard at redcliffe, with the merc bmt's

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi lippa you seem to have all the late mail do you know someone in both set up's.

lippa
03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
no late mail..................

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 06:38 PM
We will just have to wait and see but i do know one thing i went to cunninghams yesterday and them to be happy about what is going on. They said to me that they knocked yamaha back and the new guy can't get merc because it would be to close to them. I would think you would be crazy to knock back yamaha.

tin can marlin
03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Lippa i just went to yamaha's web site and kratzman's are not on there maybe it is not a done deal yet.

scungey
03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Yamaha have lost dealers Melbourne, Sydney, Gosford and now Brisbane. They probably had no alternative but to turn to a Caravan dealership.
The SEQ corner appears to be Quintrex Optimax mecca....so many on the water.

tin can marlin
06-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Went past the new dealership today and the paint has started to go on and they have started on the fence etc. And i tell you what scungey i had a look at kratzman web site they are a serious company thay have got 3 sales yards and they are tied up with the aust of the year lee kernaghan also craig lowndes also they have been in the caravan game for 30 years to me it looks like it will be game on in the northside area. With the new quintrex dealer and the power of a massive company like kratznan it can only be good for us the people who pay the wages if it wasent for us the buying public they would be around.