PDA

View Full Version : Is there any end to the MADNESS???

T1
30-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Just flicking through the news headlines on Fox News and what do i see?

DREDGER SITS IDLE

'Dredging of Melbournes Port Phillip Bay could be delayed by up to 3 weeks after an 11th hour challenge by environment groups. The Blue Edges coalition has secured a hearing in the Federal Court on Feb 20 to overturn Commonwealth approval for the project.'

It goes on to say:

'If the delays go ahead, the Port of Melbourne Corporation will lose $250000 in fines for each day that the dredging ship sits idle after 1 Feb as it's part of the contract with the Dutch dredging company. If the project is delayed until the court action on 20 Feb, the fines would total $5Million.'

Now, i'm not getting into or debating the merits of the dredging in PP Bay, as i don't live in Melbourne and am not conversant with the issue however, what i'd like to know is that if the Appeal is dismissed (as they have already lost a previous case), will they be forced to reimburse the $5Mill???

I hope a judge with nuts forces such action and sets a precedent that may just make these groups think twice before they mount their moral high ground...

Take Care T

mowerman
31-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Have a look on, can I post this forum site, Fishnet.com.

A lot of chat on there about the dredging and "the Bitch of the Netherlands."

rod