PDA

View Full Version : info wanted savage marlin 6.4m

screaming reels
29-01-2008, 01:47 PM
G'day guys,just after some specs on the old 6.4m savage marlin beam,deadrise,weight,fuel tanks,weight on trailer,cabin size.I am interested in rebuilding one into pod mount,also how do they ride + best outboard match (single motor) thanks Brent

ashleyhj74
29-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I've gotta spearfish 21 centre cab mate, same hull apparantly. Mine has a single 200hp yam 2-stroke, on a pod. Not the worlds greatest pod design (it doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the hull, so i'm not keen on bolting a 4-stroke on. Think it'll make my self-draining deck self-filling). According to the specs i have my hull is 6.5mtrs long, 2.2mtrs wide with a 20-deg deadrise at the transom with a 350ltr fuel tank (i realise the marlins will/maybe be different). Mine weighs 2200kg on the trailer with a completely empty fuel tank. If you were to make a more bouyant pod design, a 4-stroke would be good. My cousins have a new spearfish with a 225hp yamaha 4-stroke and it goes really well. As for the ride, well i love it. Its gotta heap of flare in the bow, so it pushes the water out to the sides really well in a swell. I dont have a issue at all with the stability. I couldnt be happier with it. Only thing i've noticed on mine compared to my cousins, i have a Permatrim (dunno if this is applicable to a marlin, but worth mentioning) and mine is alot more level while getting onto the plane (from my point of view anyway). Hope this helps, Ash

BGG
29-01-2008, 06:15 PM
G'day Screamin
Hope this helps
Savage Marlin Offshore Sportsman
Length

BGG
29-01-2008, 06:17 PM
G'day Screamin
Hope this helps
Savage Marlin Offshore Sportsman
LOA 6.4m
Beam 2.44m
Weight 885Kg

BM
29-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Savage Marlin

Centreline length: 6.4m
Beam: 2.44m
Deadrise: 22 degrees
Power: 100-280hp
Approx weight: 885kg

Built in sterndrive or outboard configuration. These are a very good sea boat. Not as good as a Bertram 20 but only due to the lesser deadrise of the Savage. (Bertram 20 is 26 degrees)

If podding, do yourself a favour and have a full depth pod integrated into the rear of the hull.

Cheers

screaming reels
29-01-2008, 07:05 PM
thanks for replys guys, BM the 20ft bertie hull are they pretty rocky on anchor, they must give a brilliant ride with that deadrise

BM
29-01-2008, 07:19 PM
All deep vee hulls tend to roll at rest. Ever fished out of a Formula 233?? Even with a sterndrive they roll about quite a bit.

If you fished from a Berty 20 with a pod and outboard it will roll a lot worse than a sterndrive original.

Cheers