PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki starts straight away!

Shanoss
28-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Was out cleaning the carport today, and thought to myself, i should plug the hose into the muffs and fire up the motor. Well i did that, and guess what? She fired up straight away! Idled for about 5 minutes and pretty sure i used about 150ml of fuel. Good figures hey!
Well anyways, just thought everyone may be interested in a pointless motor story as its been a couple of days since one of the "ETEC" owners has felt the need to share.

Here is a picture of the motor about 4 hours after it was idling......

robersl
28-01-2008, 03:40 PM
love it keep it up

Hamish73
28-01-2008, 03:41 PM
ran for 5 minutes hey? Must be just about due for its next service ;D

Blackened
28-01-2008, 03:44 PM
G'day

Love your work shanoss ;)

Dave

Shanoss
28-01-2008, 03:45 PM
ran for 5 minutes hey? Must be just about due for its next service ;D

Nah, i just run some of that XD100 through it. Good for three years that stuff.

Leighton
28-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Ha Ha what about the Nuke Chooks?

pursuit001
28-01-2008, 03:52 PM
hi mate nice black ancor. lol
cheers shane

NAGG
28-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Hang on Hang on ....... ETEC & SUZUKI owners are as bad as each other when it comes to product promotion!
only one thing worst ...... A poly owner with an Etec / Suzuki on the back;) ;)
Nagg

Wahoo
28-01-2008, 04:33 PM
hi mate nice black ancor. lol
cheers shane

thats not a black anchor, this is;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/boat039.jpg

Marlin_Mike
28-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Shanoss you spolied a goodthread by using that Etec word....................:)

Mike

Dan5
28-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Here' s a blue one!

disorderly
28-01-2008, 04:54 PM
thats not a black anchor, this is;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/boat039.jpg

Bloody good those verado's,dont even need a propellorhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/shocked.gif.

Wahoo
28-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Scott, you E-tec boys are on to it;)

0 - 6300rpm in .8sec;D

Spaniard_King
28-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Good to see some real engines for a change :)

lippa
28-01-2008, 06:19 PM
every one knows these sexy silver out boards are the best

Hamish73
28-01-2008, 06:25 PM
every one knows these sexy silver out boards are the best
I would have to agree with you there. :)

You were talking about boat anchors weren't you???? :-/

BaitThrower
28-01-2008, 06:52 PM
My 25 yr old suzuki starts first go too. And half the time I forget to pull the choke ;-)

hoodunnit
28-01-2008, 07:11 PM
that verado belongs on the back of a stabicraft

Wahoo
28-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Shanoss, great looking mota they are8-)
with these new zooks or any other mota for that matter, when you turn the key to start it, do you have to hold the key while its cranking? or do you quickly let the key go ( if you know what i mean)
also i know just about all the 4s are very quite, what happens if you have the mota running ( but cant hear it) and you go to hit the key again while its running? does it shut down?

Daz

polky
29-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Gotta love those suzies. Polky.

Shanoss
29-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Shanoss, great looking mota they are8-)
with these new zooks or any other mota for that matter, when you turn the key to start it, do you have to hold the key while its cranking? or do you quickly let the key go ( if you know what i mean)
also i know just about all the 4s are very quite, what happens if you have the mota running ( but cant hear it) and you go to hit the key again while its running? does it shut down?

Daz

Well its funny you should mention that. I have tried to start it when it was idling and it just grinds a little. As for starting, it'll turn three and a half revolutions before it is given a spark to allow for some oil circulation. I usually just turn around and have a look at the tell-tale before i start it now, just to make sure its not running.

Shane

Smithy
29-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Cracker! I dunno if I had ever used a thanks before but I certainly had to say thanks to this one!

glennaus
29-01-2008, 08:04 AM
now that is sexy ! if only she could cook;D

Greg P
29-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Very funny stuff shane

I cant believe you forgot to mention that trip last year you did when the windscreen came off at high speed and you were able to harness the power of the zuke to pull a 360 and as luck would have it the screen landed back in place. - awesome stuff

Blackened
29-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Very funny stuff shane

I cant believe you forgot to mention that trip last year you did when the windscreen came off at high speed and you were able to harness the power of the zuke to pull a 360 and as luck would have it the screen landed back in place. - awesome stuff

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

Well done;)

Dave

TonyM
29-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Hang on Hang on ....... ETEC & SUZUKI owners are as bad as each other when it comes to product promotion!
only one thing worst ...... A poly owner with an Etec / Suzuki on the back;) ;)
Nagg

Ya forgot tackle Rats going on about their Daiwa this and Loomis that ;) ;D

Shanoss
29-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Very funny stuff shane

And all without spilling a drop of beer! Gee those Zuks are smooth.

Wahoo
29-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Very funny stuff shane

LOL good stuff Greg;D

NAGG
29-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Ya forgot tackle Rats going on about their Daiwa this and Loomis that ;) ;D

OK Tony .... I'll give you that one:-X ! Maybe not ( Shimano T Curves & Nitro rods :thumbsup: too)
...... But what is wrong with Loomis & Daiwa ? .....
8-) Nagg

TonyM
29-01-2008, 06:06 PM
OK Tony .... I'll give you that one:-X ! Maybe not ( Shimano T Curves & Nitro rods :thumbsup: too)
...... But what is wrong with Loomis & Daiwa ? .....
8-) Nagg

hehe Thanks Nagg :D

mmmm all nice stuff - Nothing wrong with Nitro (I've had a few) or Loomis (I'd like a few) or Daiwa - got a fair few now, am a minor tackle rat myself ;D

However I don't see anything wrong with Suzi's (have had 3) or (dare I say this) Etec (in certain situations) I've had one but personally prefer 4's, or even Poly's (Have had 2) ;D Including one with a 115 Suzi on the back!!! :P ::)

Wasn't picking on ya - just couldn't help myself when you left that opening a truck could drive thru! 8-) ;D

Cheers
Tony

NAGG
29-01-2008, 06:25 PM
hehe Thanks Nagg :D

mmmm all nice stuff - Nothing wrong with Nitro (I've had a few) or Loomis (I'd like a few) or Daiwa - got a fair few now, am a minor tackle rat myself ;D

However I don't see anything wrong with Suzi's (have had 3) or (dare I say this) Etec (in certain situations) I've had one but personally prefer 4's, or even Poly's (Have had 2) ;D Including one with a 115 Suzi on the back!!! :P ::)

Wasn't picking on ya - just couldn't help myself when you left that opening a truck could drive thru! 8-) ;D

Cheers
Tony

Tony
All's cool here ..... quite funny really;D
Love my Loomisis & Daiwas ...... specially when you get them at the right price! ...... Never had a bad one8-)
I wish I could say the same about Shimano reels ( except for the baitrunner) I would never buy another:( ....... until the next one::)

I had to drop a poly line though ..... They have been very quiet::)
So from one Tackle rat to another
Cheers
Nagg
PS ..... Go Yammi! ( better say that .... afterall it is a boating thread)

TonyM
29-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I got a chuckle out of that too ;D

I'd put up a Poly + Suzy thread for you but as I've just sold my last Poly (other than my esky) I guess I'm outta the club :'( Maybe I should start a Hornet vs Edgecracker thread!!!! ;D

Had a few silver ones over the years too ;) (boataholic)

Back to the topic of the thread they actually don't start 1st go if you forget to clip the safety lanyard into the ignition! :-X (like I did on first outing with my latest suzi) ;D A bloke at the ramp even said "wow that's not like the suzis" ;)

NAGG
29-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I got a chuckle out of that too ;D

I'd put up a Poly + Suzy thread for you but as I've just sold my last Poly (other than my esky) I guess I'm outta the club :'( Maybe I should start a Hornet vs Edgecracker thread!!!! ;D

Had a few silver ones over the years too ;) (boataholic)

Back to the topic of the thread they actually don't start 1st go if you forget to clip the safety lanyard into the ignition! :-X (like I did on first outing with my latest suzi) ;D A bloke at the ramp even said "wow that's not like the suzis" ;)

What ..... You sold a poly ? .... I thought owners got buried in their poly ( or recycled;D ) ...... What happened! .... you didn't read one of my past comments ..did you? ( I've gotta be good now days :lipsrsealed: )
I just read an edgetracker Vs hornet thread on Ausbass::)
I've only owned two boats ... 5.35 Reef raider(75 Mariner 2 stroke) & the 480 Hornet(60 Yammi 4 stroke) ..... Wont buy Merc/Mariner again

Feel like a goose when something like a lanyard is off ..... Mine was the fuel line partially disconnected:-[
Cheers
Nagg

TonyM
29-01-2008, 08:55 PM
The Reef Raiders are nice, had one about 5 years ago with a 115 suzi 2 stroke (before suzis were black and fashionable - were a good motor but lacked good backup - thanks to Haines for fixing that!!!!)

ahhh a hornet now eh? hmmm lets start a club!!!! :-X j/k ;D

This is almost as good as the posts in the test forum!!!! ::)

NAGG
29-01-2008, 09:39 PM
The Reef Raiders are nice, had one about 5 years ago with a 115 suzi 2 stroke (before suzis were black and fashionable - were a good motor but lacked good backup - thanks to Haines for fixing that!!!!)

ahhh a hornet now eh? hmmm lets start a club!!!! :-X j/k ;D

This is almost as good as the posts in the test forum!!!! ::)

Now what post would that be ::) ;D
I cant understand why it was moved ? ..... How many people look at the TEST???
Yes the raider was great .... it took me to many great places & was towed up & down the coast from Bermagui through to Proserpine...... Caught everything from Kings,snapper & jew to bluefin, Yellowfin & Marlin .......... Then I lost interest in that type of fishing ( sold the boat .... & most of the heavy tackle/ game gear) .... then bought the hornet 5 years later(late 06) to chase bream , barra & bass ....... besides If I ever feel the urge to go for yellowfin or marlin etc again ..... I'll go out in my mates 6M Sailfish ( that runs those crap 110 Ram FICHT ... or whatever they are called):-X ..... I wonder if those motors will be defended;)
Nagg