PDA

View Full Version : Available Seating Register for Boat Rally 10/2/08.

Poodroo
27-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hello one and all,
I volunteered to help organize a register of who is attending the boat rally and who might have an available seat or two in their boat for people who want to attend but don't have a boat. Please firstly list your boat and how many seats you have available and hopefully we can work it all out from there. This will also give us a good idea of who is attending. If you can also add a photo of the boat this will help whoever ends up being allocated to your vessel to find you. Anyone who wants to tag along and don't have a boat please put your hand up so that I can count you and allocate you to someone on the day. Thanks.

Regards,

Poodroo

Poodroo
27-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I will start. I most probably will be taking my two kids with me but will have room for someone as well.
Boat Type : Blue Fin Discovery 4.0
Available Seating: 1

Regards,

Poodroo

Poodroo
30-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Getting a little bit concerned here as to what sort of support the boat rally is getting. So far over 80 views and not one response from anybody? Is there anybody else apart from Chris Ryan and myself who are attending?:-/

Poodroo

3rd degree
30-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll be there for sure, but have my own boat.

No spare seats.

Cheers

Jim

Poodroo
30-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks Jim. That's good to know. Will see you there.

Poodroo

Et the et
31-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I really hope to be there.
Will probably have one or two seats spare in "Shazzbot".
Will be launching at Cleveland.
ET

Poodroo
01-02-2008, 06:50 AM
I really hope to be there.
Will probably have one or two seats spare in "Shazzbot".
Will be launching at Cleveland.
ET

Thanks ET. Will see you there. So far I only know of one person who was looking for a spare seat with someone but didn't register in this thread so I will take him down as a maybe.

Poodroo

Blueroo
02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
4Reel will be there.
No spare seats at this stage.
Launching either Pinkenba or Clontarf depending on weather.
Nice boat ET. Good on you Poodroo.
Cheers
Stue

Poodroo
02-02-2008, 05:57 PM
4Reel will be there.
No spare seats at this stage.
Launching either Pinkenba or Clontarf depending on weather.
Nice boat ET. Good on you Poodroo.
Cheers
Stue

Cheers for that Stue. I will see you on the day.
So far in my boat I will have myself, wynott (Graham) and possibly Scalem unless Scalem ends up taking his own boat. My kids are a maybe.

Poodroo

PinHead
04-02-2008, 08:11 PM
any ideas at all as to how many will be attending??

Poodroo
04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
any ideas at all as to how many will be attending??

Started this thread so that people could register their attendance here but it is scary the lack of response thus far. This is the last week people. Get your names on here boat or no boat so you can be counted at least...thanks!

Poodroo

Sandman
04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
I am hoping to attend but have no idea of the muster time or location we intend to anchor as the thread was to long to troll through. Anyways so far its me in 6.5 Aussie whaler , i would like to request a few topless girls( i know that wont happen) at the front there is also another 2 seats avalble up the front with 2 at the rear. I will be leaving from the comslie when someone could kindly send me the details :)
Mick

Sandman
04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
oops hang on i maybe a pdf short definatly can take 4 but will need to double check vests for more, the boat can take a total of 10 smooth water.

Poodroo
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I am hoping to attend but have no idea of the muster time or location we intend to anchor as the thread was to long to troll through. Anyways so far its me in 6.5 Aussie whaler , i would like to request a few topless girls( i know that wont happen) at the front there is also another 2 seats avalble up the front with 2 at the rear. I will be leaving from the comslie when someone could kindly send me the details :)
Mick

G'day Mick. Unfortunately you need to supply your own topless girls. For all the latest updated information on the boat rally simply log onto www.saveourbay.org.au

I will be launching from Comslie as well. See you there.

Poodroo

Horse
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Not much of a response is there >:(

I will be there :thumbsup: .

Not sure of deckies etc yet. Probably dropping in at Comslie and may have a fish before or afterwards

Lets get behind this and show the EPA that we are not happy with their proposals. If we do not get people along to this rally and putting their submissionsin the the chances are that the Green Machine will be putting foreward a more forcefull response and they may get another few % closures that they are fighting for

Cheers

Neil

Sandman
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yep spot on Neil very little response may need some blow up dolls , well see you both at the comslie , so far its me and my partner have been encouraging others.
Thanks Poodaroo got the info re muster point , yep Neil may join you in a fish or atleast put the potts in.
Mick

Poodroo
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Not sure of deckies etc yet. Probably dropping in at Comslie and may have a fish before or afterwards

Lets get behind this and show the EPA that we are not happy with their proposals. If we do not get people along to this rally and putting their submissionsin the the chances are that the Green Machine will be putting foreward a more forcefull response and they may get another few % closures that they are fighting for

Cheers

Neil

Reading my thoughts there Neil. I was most likely going to take a rod and have a bit of a fish afterwards. Would be a shame to have the boat in the water and not go fishing. ;D

See you there.

Poodroo

BrewGuru
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I will have 1 -3 seats available leaving Scarborough at 7.00am approximate return will be at 4.30 pm I have donated food and drinks for the event.
I need final numbers by Thursday 8.00pm

Cheers
BrewGuru

Dnepr_family
05-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Poodroo,

My understanding is that if people dont have a boat they can join in by going to Newstead Park???

My wife and I will be going down to the park to show our support... or our disgust at the green scam!

Dnepr

BrewGuru
05-02-2008, 10:29 PM

Cheers

Neil

If you check the AMCS site they want 30-50% REVIEWED NEXT YEAR!!

That means no fishing areas in Moreton Bay that hold fish stocks!

Sandman
06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeh look it seems that my thoughts that we would get a good response for others to ride along with those offering seats is deflated, I am hoping to be on the water by atleast 7am time enough to go drop my pots etc so if i dont hear from anyone by Thursday it will be pot luck if there is a seat availble, i will make sure i have as many pfd on me as possible as mentioned previously my boat has capacity (legal) on smooth water to take ten including the captain (me), my partner Mal (Mahi Mahi ) wont be attending now as she is heading to the Gold coast for a party, i may have a few friends tag along.
If you dont wanna go on the water atleast show you support by doing what Dnper is doing by turing up at Newstead House!!!
Mick

Jackinthebox
06-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Gonna be there with bell's on!!!

Going hard to get the new boat finished before Sunday. Keep an eye out for a white 4.6 tiller steer stacer Seahorse elite with 50hp 4 stroke merc on the back. Callsign on VHF16 "Shutup & fish!"

Just looked at AMCS' submission on the green zones and they are still not happy! They want lots more and aren't gonna stop unless we fight them.

Just a few of the extra areas they want includes a huge increase in the small green zone at Flinders reef by extending North to Hutchies (no more wahoo trolling, etc) and south to Smith's rock plus everything in between.

Also, extending the two Green zones to swallow up all the shallow reef between Dunwich to Amity on the Western shore of straddy, lots more of peel island, etc, etc. They also reckon the offshore deep green zone is not enough & want many times more area to be "effective".

PS: just read the Walter Starck article where he states that GBRMPA 's effects of line fishing study that has gone on for years has shown no visible difference to the numbers of Coral trout on green reefs to those reefs which get fished. But they still put the green zones in!

Seeya on the weekend.

Very p$%ed,

Mick

joeT
06-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Will be there in bright orange stabi. Looking for a deckie to go fishing with on the day as well. But if anyone just wants a ride during the rally itself, boat is rated to 6 people (although I only have 3 lifejackets so maybe need to BYO).

Poodroo
06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Okay so far here is the list of people who have put there names down with or without boats.
BOAT

Poodroo(Andrew) Seats Taken
3rd Degree(Jim) No available seats
Et the et - 1-2 Spare seats available
4 Reel - No available seats
Sandman (Mick)- Seats Available- send a PM
Horse- No Available seats
Brew Guru- 1-3 Seats available
Jackinthebox- No available Seats
joe T- Up to 3 seats available
2DKnB(Dazza)- up to 2 seats available
ellicat- Number of seats to be advised

NO BOAT
Wynott (Graham) -With Poodroo
Dnepr_Family- Not Matched up yet
Black_Rat (Damo) Not matched up yet
My-Topender- Not Matched Up yet- To be picked up from a Pontoon

So far for those who have a boat that has two seats available can you PM Dnepr_family and tee it up with them to tag along with you and let me know via this thread who is taking who please. Thanks,

Poodroo

Poodroo
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Poodroo,

My understanding is that if people dont have a boat they can join in by going to Newstead Park???

My wife and I will be going down to the park to show our support... or our disgust at the green scam!

Dnepr

G'day, this is correct. Anyone who wants to show their support but do not own a boat can fit in with those who are taking a boat with available seating. From the list given you can get in touch with someone and see if you may tag along with them and organize with that person where to meet up (which ramp) but please let me know in this thread what is happening so I can keep it updated. Thanks,

Poodroo

Sandman
07-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I still have spaces but let me know!!
Mick

2DKnBJ
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
G'day Andrew

Better add me to the list.I will maybe have a spare seat or 2. Will let you know on the day

Cheers Dazza

Poodroo
07-02-2008, 09:34 PM
G'day Andrew

Better add me to the list.I will maybe have a spare seat or 2. Will let you know on the day

Cheers Dazza
Done deal Dazza... will see you on the day.

Poodroo

MY-TopEnder
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Poo,

I wouldn't mind a seat there either...but being a Marshal at whatever Ramp Phil sends me to would mean I'd have to be the last boat to leave, and the first boat back to the ramp...

I could take my tinny down but i still need to do some work on it... like more fuel.

If anyone can pick me up from a ramp to be advised (Phil, where am I going mate?) it'd be greatly appreciated.

ellicat
08-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I'll be along plus I think I have garnered support from another 3 or 4 boats, maybe more. Can't be sure until the day.

Didn't register on this thread beforehand as I thought from the title is was a register for available seating:-[

Hopefully a thousand others thought the same

Poodroo
08-02-2008, 07:43 AM
I'll be along plus I think I have garnered support from another 3 or 4 boats, maybe more. Can't be sure until the day.

Didn't register on this thread beforehand as I thought from the title is was a register for available seating:-[

Hopefully a thousand others thought the same
Thanks ellicat. If you have any available seats on your boat just let me know. In the meantime I will add you to the list as turning up with a boat.

Poodroo

Poodroo
08-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Just an updated list to put on the new page.
Okay so far here is the list of people who have put there names down with or without boats.
BOAT

Poodroo(Andrew) Seats Taken (Launching from Comslie)
joe T- Up to 3 seats available
ellicat- No seats available
Black_Rat (Damo)& artesian - 2 available seats (Launching from Pinkenbah)
Nico.d.r. - No seats available
Kingtin - No seats available assuming the tribe is going? ::)

NO BOAT
My-Topender- Not Matched Up yet- To be picked up from a Pontoon
artesian- With Damo

So far for those who have a boat that has two seats available can you PM Dnepr_family and tee it up with them to tag along with you and let me know via this thread who is taking who please. Thanks,

Poodroo

ellicat
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I have no spare seat to offer sorry. That's what I meant in my earlier post. I didn't have one to offer so I didn't register on this thread;)

I'll be on the river fishing before Nugget comes on the radio8-) and then joining the rally against deceptive and misleading conduct, oppression and misuse of market power after that.>:(:P

castlemaine
08-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Poodroo,

Dnepr

I have to pick my daughter from camp. But things going well, I'll drop by on foot at the Park, with campie. Cheers.

Poodroo
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I have to pick my daughter from camp. But things going well, I'll drop by on foot at the Park, with campie. Cheers.

Appreciate the support land or river mate. Thanks for putting in the effort.

Poodroo

Vic1
08-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I'll be at the park to offer support

Good luck to all

Black_Rat
08-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Poo, ;D

You can take me off the list, taking my boat now, launching from Pikenba ramp.

Have 3 spare seats ;)

Poodroo
08-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Poo, ;D

You can take me off the list, taking my boat now, launching from Pikenba ramp.

Have 3 spare seats ;)

Thanks Damo. Will alter the list. ;)

Don't Forget! Those of you who don't have a boat can organize to meet up with anyone on the list who have available seating in their boats. All you have to do is put your hand up or send a PM and get matched up with a skipper (and then let me know so I can alter the list) for the day. If you don't you will be left on dry land! ;)Don't be afraid to ask!

Poodroo

artesian
08-02-2008, 06:55 PM
G'day,
I'll be marshalling with Damo at P'ba ramp. (G'day Damo, Phill dropped off vest bucket and goodies - look for a fat bloke in a GQ, or an orange vest, as the case may be :-) )

If there is a spare seat leaving the ramp at about 10:00 I'd be delighted to take it.

Will pack my pfd in the car just in case:-)

Rick K

Black_Rat
09-02-2008, 06:51 AM
G'day,
I'll be marshalling with Damo at P'ba ramp. (G'day Damo, Phill dropped off vest bucket and goodies - look for a fat bloke in a GQ, or an orange vest, as the case may be :-) )

If there is a spare seat leaving the ramp at about 10:00 I'd be delighted to take it.

Will pack my pfd in the car just in case:-)

Rick K

G'day Rick See you at the ramp, I should be there arourd 8 'ish (only 2 blown tyres will stop me :-X )

I'll be driving these .....................

Nico.d.R
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
ill be there . launching at pinkinbah about 8.30-9.00am , is it 6 knots at the gate way and how far before and after ? sorry no spare seats . see you there .

artesian
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I just posted this on the main rally site as well

there are a few relevant notices to mariners for this area of the river -you should check for yourself, but I did find a couple at this link re speed etc. They vary with size and draft, but some apply to all vessels
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Notic.../Ntm_brisbane/ (http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Notices_to_mariners/Ntm_brisbane/)

artesian
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
2DknB(Darren) and Black Rat (Damo)-

Damo, do you still have a spare seat? Darren kindly pm'd me offering a seat, but it might be more straightforward if I could go with you, given timing etc?

I'll be checking here again, or you can get me on 0432433285

Damo, what was your plan with the 8:00 start? With the shop closed I'll have to take a thermos:-)

kingtin
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Haven't been so good this last couple of weeks so didn't expect to make it. Have syphoned off 120 litres of 210litres of 7 month old fuel this morning and hopefully she will fire if I top up with high octane.............hope to seeya there, all being well. No posters made for rig I'm afraid.

kec

joeT
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Looks like I will be going solo. If anyone needs a lift, I will be at the Whyte Island ramp at about 9am. Can take up to 4. You can't miss the orange stabi.

MY-TopEnder
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Joe,

Mate i'm keen to grab a spot if you've got one available, but i'd need to be back at the ramp early given that i'm a Marshal.

I'll be working Whyte Is. Ramp.

Can't really head out fishing after either as money's tight atm.

joeT
09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Joe,

Mate i'm keen to grab a spot if you've got one available, but i'd need to be back at the ramp early given that i'm a Marshal.

I'll be working Whyte Is. Ramp.

Can't really head out fishing after either as money's tight atm.

Sent you a PM.

kingtin
09-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Well! I'll go to the bottom of my green garden! The deckie has just been called out on the organ retrieval team and her last words were, "If I'm back before 6.00 am, we're going! I'm off to an empty bed but if she's in it before 6am...........we'll be there..............the deckie will be asleep though ::)

kev

lippa
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
see ya there kev!!!!!!!!!!

kingtin
10-02-2008, 12:40 AM
see ya there kev!!!!!!!!!!

get to bed ya bugger! ;D

kev

Jackinthebox
10-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Phew!! Just made it! The boat's ready thanks to a nice late night, so we'll be there.

Won't be hard to see me, i'll be the one puttering along running the engine in.;D

let's hope she starts.

Seeya there!!

Cheers,
Mick.

Poodroo
10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
One last update.
BOAT

Poodroo(Andrew) Seats Taken (Launching from Comslie)
joe T& My-Topender - Up to 3 seats available
ellicat- No seats available
Black_Rat (Damo)& artesian - 2 available seats (Launching from Pinkenbah)
Nico.d.r. - No seats available
Kingtin - No seats available assuming the tribe is going? http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gif

NO BOAT
My-Topender- Teaming up with joe t

See you all there,

Poodroo

Mr__Bean
10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
LATE INCLUSION!!!

Have room for others, leaving for Dohles ROcks ramp now.

Happy to pick up at ramp or pontoon along the river etc.

Bring hat, fold up chair and drinks etc.

So far only son Alan, the dog and I. Boat can take up to 9 adults.

Ring if pick-up works for you.

- Darren
0421 618798