PDA

View Full Version : burrum river

hoodunnit
26-01-2008, 06:28 PM
my father lives at howard on the burrum river,he thinks that the river is closed to fishing from the hwy bridge to the weir.if anyone has any info on this it would be most appreciated.

Jeremy87
26-01-2008, 07:20 PM
here a link you might find useful.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/xchg/dpi/hs.xsl/28_3057_ENA_HTML.htm

i've heard stories about sections of the burrum being closed to fishing aswell but when actually looking the info up myself i have never found anything to suggest this, period. I think people confuse the closures in the burnett for the burrum.

hoodunnit
26-01-2008, 09:45 PM
thanks for the link jeremy,i first heard of the closure mid last year.maybe i,ll have to keep asking around before i have a fish there.

scoota_74
20-02-2008, 04:58 PM
hoodunnit, I just read your post and i also have heard the same thing about that area and the top of the Isis and Gregory rvrs there is a map available at local tackle stores outlineing these areas as green zones i think.

chewy01
20-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi guys,
your dad is pretty right.There is a green zone but it is about 100mtrs up from the bridge.why it isnt the bridge is beyond me. I believe at least one person is in the process of being prosecuted or at least investigated for fishing up there. hope this helps.
chewy.........

Derek Bullock
20-02-2008, 05:24 PM
This is part of the Great Sandy Marine Park.

There are green Zones in all of the tribtaries of the Burrum River namely MNP5, MNP6, MNP7 and MNP8.

Look at the map here http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/media/parks_and_forests/marine_parks/great_sandy/great_sandy_zoning.pdf

tunaticer
20-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I was under the impression that almost every weir / dam wall / barrage had a buffer zone of at least 100m green zone right accross Qld. I can't name a single weir on a major river/creek that doesn't have it.

Jack.

chewy01
20-02-2008, 08:38 PM
thats pretty right i think. some are 100 some 400 but this is part of the grret sandy marine park and is about 1 km from the wall. the green zone originally extended well up into the fresh above the dam but think it has been fixed now.