PDA

View Full Version : How many Ausfish members from Hervy Bay

seamaid
25-01-2008, 08:14 AM
:D ;D 8-)
G/day my fellow members, it interest me, how many Ausfish supporters live in & around the Hervey Bay districts.
Seamaid is base at Torquay, 4.55 Quintrex Coast Runner, powered by 60 hp
E-TEC , Pics later
i fish all area's from Deep Creek to Rooneys Point
Vintage-- early 60's
Love me fishing
Cheers Ged:)

warrior
25-01-2008, 10:55 AM
how are you ged,i am down at urangan,got a 4.5 bluefin with 40hp merc will have to catch some time.

boof
25-01-2008, 04:11 PM
giday seamaid we reside at woodgate
we fish out of a 189 yatla oddessa 90 merc
we fish around here and as far up to western warrigoes
cheers

insideout
25-01-2008, 06:19 PM
another urangan boy, 2400 kc,sth-nth gutters and outside breaksea spit

TonyM
25-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Ged

Scarness here. 445 Hornet trophy with a 60 suzuki, nowadays I mostly stick to the rivers, estuaries and impoundments, with the occaisional trip out the front to bag a few reefies to keep the boss happy

Cheers
Tony

outsiderskip
26-01-2008, 06:40 AM
hi ged
i travel up there once a month
fish with u every now and then
do i count

pete

seamaid
26-01-2008, 09:49 AM
hi ged
i travel up there once a month
fish with u every now and then
do i count

pete

Only if you bring that big boat up so we can catch some big reds up the gutters & around the light ship ah ah:D :D
:-X :-X got some spots
Cheers Ged

PaulMark
26-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm in Kawungan,no boat yet!but go out with the young bloke in the tinny,he looks after his ol'Dad.

seamaid
28-01-2008, 07:27 PM
:D Thanks to the fisho's replying to Seamaids Post, hope to meet up one day.

8-) Ged

warrior
30-01-2008, 07:36 PM
we should have an ausfish meet and greet one day ,have a barby on the esplanade with all the families

choppa
30-01-2008, 08:02 PM
the bay has its own ""fishing website"" very similar to that of ausfish,,,, but it is very hervey bay orientated as 99% of its members live there,,

(no mods,,, i'm not advertising the site,,, just letting Ged be aware)

if you need any info,,, most of the blokes (whom i've had the pleasure of meeting) are also members here,,, may be worthwhile dropping them a pm if your planning a trip prior to check out conditions,, whats on the chew ,,,etc etc

choppa

copie
30-01-2008, 08:56 PM
G'Day Ged and all you guy's
I am from brisbane have have holidaying at hervey bay for about 40 years or so. I stay at Torquay Van Park and currently have a haines hunter v19r. Fish out the front and arond pt. vernon with the wife and kids and run up just past rooney's or anywhere in between as often as possible. On a good night sometimes try the artifical or the deep water on the eastern side of woody. Always up there in the june school holidays and when ever else i can. Love the place but one has still got to work. MARK

outsiderskip
31-01-2008, 07:38 AM
i darrel
sounds like u dont like people from h/bay on this site
telling them to join h/bay site
thought all were welcome on this site

pete

seamaid
31-01-2008, 07:43 AM
the bay has its own ""fishing website"" very similar to that of ausfish,,,, but it is very hervey bay orientated as 99% of its members live there,,

(no mods,,, i'm not advertising the site,,, just letting Ged be aware)

if you need any info,,, most of the blokes (whom i've had the pleasure of meeting) are also members here,,, may be worthwhile dropping them a pm if your planning a trip prior to check out conditions,, whats on the chew ,,,etc etc

choppa
8-) CHOPPA
Whats this fishing website,I have not herd of it Imight be interested in joining.
What are you implying ( just letting Ged be aware )
My origional post is only interest in number of members operate out of this area
lol Ged

Lucky_Phill
31-01-2008, 06:09 PM
The web site is www.fishntales.com.au (http://www.fishntales.com.au) run by a local Tony Moss.. Mossy here on AF and on that site. There are many more AF members that are fishntales members.

Cheers Phill

seamaid
31-01-2008, 08:59 PM
The web site is www.fishntales.com.au (http://www.fishntales.com.au) run by a local Tony Moss.. Mossy here on AF and on that site. There are many more AF members that are fishntales members.

Cheers Phill
;D
HI PHILL
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION
Cheers Ged

choppa
01-02-2008, 06:55 AM
8-) CHOPPA
Whats this fishing website,I have not herd of it Imight be interested in joining.
What are you implying ( just letting Ged be aware )
My origional post is only interest in number of members operate out of this area
lol Ged

looks like phill answered your query,,,, i wasn't implying anything by my response,,, i was trying to be politically correct by not advertising the site address which can be frowned upon,,,

i thought,,, if your going to travel the 3-4 hours to get there from brissie,,, a bit of up to date local info may be of benefit,,,,,

choppa

seamaid
01-02-2008, 08:17 AM
looks like phill answered your query,,,, i wasn't implying anything by my response,,, i was trying to be politically correct by not advertising the site address which can be frowned upon,,,

i thought,,, if your going to travel the 3-4 hours to get there from brissie,,, a bit of up to date local info may be of benefit,,,,,

choppa
8-)
Seamaid has not intentional & will not advertise any site address on post's
The only purpose of my post, was of self interest, how many Ausfish fisho's living & fishing in & around this region.
This question was put to me, so i thought a reseach was in hand.
Living in Hervey Bay, pass six years & seeing the conjested boat traffic on our
2 by 4 lane ramps @ Urangan, ramps @ Pt Veron & River Heads ( visitors & locals ). I was inquistive how many AF members in the midst of them.
Seamaid thanks all who answered the post.
8-) 8-) ;) ;) ;D ;D
Best of fishing cheers Ged
:-*

poundalead
01-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey Seamaid, I'm in Maryborough but work and fish up your way. I fish out of a 6mt centre-console "Fisher King". Just getting a re-fit done to her at the moment. Can't wait to get to the gutters as soon as she's ready!!.......

P.S. I launch from Urangan Harbour

Cheers Benny

seamaid
01-02-2008, 01:44 PM
;D
Hey Seamaid, I'm in Maryborough but work and fish up your way. I fish out of a 6mt centre-console "Fisher King". Just getting a re-fit done to her at the moment. Can't wait to get to the gutters as soon as she's ready!!.......

P.S. I launch from Urangan Harbour

Cheers Benny
;D Hi Benny
I bet your glad your getting the refit done while this uncanny weather is on.
We have several trips canceled in the mates big boat 7.6 youngs its a plate alloy powered by a 360hp turbo diesel inboard a mean bitch of a thing.
Its a bit different to my 4.55 Quinny.
Before the rot set in,some good fish was caught at the sth/ african gutters
Hope to se on the water Cheers Ged

poundalead
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah mate I'm going for the water test tomorrow from River Heads. a couple of the boys i work with went up to the African's last week and cleaned up on Red's to 12 kg and a lot of Grassies etc. Its a good spot considering the proximity to HB and Bundy. Roonies is meant to be firing ATM trout galore.....
That platey sounds awesome, those Diesel inboards are great, go forever and relatively cheap to run hey.

Cheers Benny.....

SMURFISH
08-02-2008, 05:06 PM
MY girlfriend lives at Pt Vernon I am from Brisbane and I do all my fishing up there when I go up on weekends.

insideout
08-02-2008, 05:34 PM
so how many of us hervey bay boys are going up to the gutters to have a great weekend on the reds and trout- im heading off tomorrow- have to go in a 5 - 10 knot weather report:o ;D ;D ;D , call sign big fella in a 24 ft kc if any of ya up that way....ch 228-)

seamaid
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
so how many of us hervey bay boys are going up to the gutters to have a great weekend on the reds and trout- im heading off tomorrow- have to go in a 5 - 10 knot weather report:o ;D ;D ;D , call sign big fella in a 24 ft kc if any of ya up that way....ch 228-)
8-)
The time you were posting we were on our way up to Roonerys 4mile & adj area's.
Weather perfect, fish results fair, Hope the Big Fella dose a lot better than us,
and the weather stays kind for you.
Seamaid out of bounds to that area 1/2 me age i have the nerve, 4.55 M
Quinny with a 60 hp no way.
Best of fishing cheers Ged
;D

bondy99
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello to all Hervey Bay fishers. I have posted a request under General Fishing, heading is Urgent - Flyingfish - Hervey Bay, have a read of the post and if you can assist then please get in contact.

Thanks, Peter

adam69
21-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I also live in hervey bay - own a 4.6m Raider Cat - Luna Sea! Cant wait to get it wet!!!

BREAMBOSS01
21-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Takura, 20 mins out of the bay,ive got a 4.4 Sea jay magnum x-pack and custom decks and console, suzuki DT40.

GBC
21-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I grew up in the Bay, living in Bris now. My family is still there and we go home pretty regularly.

My uncle Mick runs a 680 sc called 'strike zone' - 225 etec. If you see him out give him a wave.

trymyluck
23-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi
I'm a half way bloke, half way between Marborough and Gympie, work in Maryborough and a bit of a fish s#$t. Its about the same if i go to Hervey Bay or Tin Can Bay or anywhere in between.

Fish out of a Savage osprey cuddy cab. Call sign 2DEEP, Thats what the missus keeps saying.;D;D

Mark

sorro5
24-10-2009, 02:08 PM
hi all im from herevy bay and i got a 5mtr topender and soon to be a 21 ft haines hunter 213c

good to catch up with some locals

Straitened Out
24-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm in Maryborough - own a "blue ornament" as my family call it, a 445 HH with 70Yammie as well as a tinny.

trymyluck
24-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Well seems like we have enough for M&G, anyone got any suggestions,
Kaurie Creek? - Log Dump? Hedleys maybe?

Mark

insideout
24-10-2009, 05:27 PM
[quote=sorro5;1088176]hi all im from herevy bay and i got a 5mtr topender and soon to be a 21 ft haines hunter 213c

is she home yet? Or next week?? i bags the helm seat..lol

saphire
26-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Im not from Hervy Bay but I sure wish I was. We used to go there every Easter for holidays. We used to fish off the old Urangan Jetty, or take a dingy out. It's a very different Hervy Bay now to what I remember from the 70's.
Coralee.

shanejohnson
26-10-2009, 10:44 AM
hi to hervey bay fishos. Heading up there for a week from 8 nov to see inlaws. If anyone needs a decky whom can fish ,has own gear and pay for fuel give me a PM. Reguards Shano.

lee8sec
27-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I will live there as of monday 9th nov;D . Arrive on thursday, staying at the caravan park until we can move in. Leigh

Chong
27-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi All,
I am in Maryborough, have 4.1m tinnie, fish the Mary, Susan and staights. Cheech is coming up this weekend to hit the Gutters or roonies, could be a M&G up there on Sat arvo;D , hope to see you out there.
Cheers