PDA

View Full Version : Please Help With Wheel Bearing Problem

Tailortaker
24-01-2008, 08:03 PM
G'day All, Helping a mate today changing the bearings in his trailer, He picked this boat and trailer up cheap but it has sat for a long time. I removed the first wheel, changed bearings, regreased and refiited easy. The second one was a mess. The inside bearing was all over the place and left the inner casing of the bearing on the axle:-/ . I tryed tapping it off for ages but it wont budge, I've sprayed it with RP7 10 times and kept trying but no luck>:( . Any suggestions on how to remove it ???
Thanks for any help
Cheers TT

John Buoy
24-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Try with a sharp cold chisel and give the bearing case only a couple of good wacks trying not to damage the axle,
this usually distorts the casing and spreads it and helps to remove. if not get the oxy and slightly heat it up.
Regards Frank

Wahoo
24-01-2008, 08:15 PM
G'day All, Helping a mate today changing the bearings in his trailer, He picked this boat and trailer up cheap but it has sat for a long time. I removed the first wheel, changed bearings, regreased and refiited easy. The second one was a mess. The inside bearing was all over the place and left the inner casing of the bearing on the axle:-/ . I tryed tapping it off for ages but it wont budge, I've sprayed it with RP7 10 times and kept trying but no luck>:( . Any suggestions on how to remove it ???
Thanks for any help
Cheers TT

bit of heat will do it

Daz

BM
24-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Angle grinder..... carefully

spears
25-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Angle grinder..... carefullyYeh i had the same thing but no oxy ..came of easy with angle grinder..

Tailortaker
25-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone, Angle Grinder did the trick..
Cheers TT