PDA

View Full Version : A Crab Tale

fishingjew
24-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Well got a few of the boys together yesterday afternoon for a crab and fishing session up the spit

Met (snapper mad) nick up there where he already had his pots out. So we set up the rods 20 meters down from them. After half an hour nick decides to check his pots, so off he goes with a reef anchor and rope to pull them in

My rod was closest to his pots. Well all of a sudden there is quite a bit of yelling and nick running out of the water. So off I go to see what all the commotion is about.

As I get to where he is. He,s looking in the water Bloody biggest mud crab i have ever seen he says right next to my pot its as big as your arm and the legs are huge

well I said you should leave your pots alone and it might end up in there. No he says it was to big to fit in them it was that big it had barnacles growing on its back::)

Ok so he lines up to throw the anchor out, half way through the throw up pops a turtle next to him. Talk about walking on water, anchor one way nick the other. I turned to him and said gee's thats the biggest mud crab I have ever seen;D
He will never live this one down and I wont let him forget8-)

Russell.

jtpython
24-01-2008, 07:55 PM
HAHAHAHA That's priceless
Was there drinks involved or ya telling me he was sober when this happened
Classic
JT

fishingjew
24-01-2008, 08:13 PM
[quote=jtpython;753094]HAHAHAHA That's priceless
Was there drinks involved or ya telling me he was sober when this happened
Classic
JT[/quote

Only one light beer.

Chris Ryan
25-01-2008, 06:04 AM
HA HA HA thats a classic Russ!!!!!

bludog
25-01-2008, 06:49 AM
the look on his face would have been priceless ;D ;D ;D

Cammy
30-01-2008, 08:23 PM
hahahaha nice, i had a simalar story of a muddy i caught on a line landbased, and it was big and brown and had barnicals all over it didnt fit in the bucket,
i let it go. lol

cam