PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Video Camera

Dionisay
24-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Anyone tried a underwater camera to locate fish? I always liked the idea but thought it would cost a lot. Now I might give it a shot with this cheap camera on ebay.

Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCUBA-DIVING-ICE-FISHING-UNDERWATER-VIDEO-CAMERA-DAY-N_W0QQitemZ300190666481QQihZ020QQcategoryZ29723QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dion.

finga
24-01-2008, 05:56 AM
I have one of those. Well very similar to those. Mine's a Waeco.
Brilliant in extremely clear water.
Crap in murky water.

oldboot
24-01-2008, 01:35 PM
The whole CCTV thing has go masses cheaper in the last 10 years.

There are all sorts of cameras, both purpose made and that could be easily adapted that wold work.....I' have looked with interest.

One thing to check is the resolution of the camera and the size of the screen.

I know a few people are using similar to do pipe & drain inspections.

There are also severa different kits on ebay under different sellers and different titles.

Hve you thaught about using a bathascope?... no batteries no wires.

cheers

Dionisay
24-01-2008, 01:36 PM
HI Finga,

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever used to see if there are fish around? Have you used it at night (underwater)?

Cheers

Dionisay
24-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi oldboot,

Never thought of a bathascope. Only concern is that it would not help me with night fishing and not sure how well it will work at deep water (10m+).

I am waiting on a new sounder but I also like the idea to be able to see what is happening at the bottom.

I will to bit more research around camera resolution.

Cheers.

MitchCalcutt
28-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi all, I work in the security instalation industry and have an under water security servaliance cam with high res. I plan on hooking it up to a car flat screen 21cm monitor. The hole package will cost me around $400 and can be recorded to an external hard drive. I have to make a paravane style tube for it when trolling for billies and a pole connection for the purpase your looking at, looking for fish.
Mitch

finga
28-01-2008, 06:03 PM
HI Finga,

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever used to see if there are fish around? Have you used it at night (underwater)?

Cheers
Yeah mate. Had some kids amused for hours at my brothers one day looking at the bream off the pontoon.
The they looked under the boats and everywhere else they could think of.
Only tried it at night at home.
Worked extremely well I thought. :)
Cheers then
Scott :)

jeffrey_h
13-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Have a look at this one, Same camera but with colour screen and able to record.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-UNDERWATER-COLOUR-VIDEO-CAMERA-SYSTEM-LCD-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ230230544915QQihZ013QQcategoryZ12 5958QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody else got one?

Jeffrey

big dan
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
have heard of one from scotland called a leisurescope. have heard brilliant things about them.

they also have nightvision modes so night fishing is no problem.

Malcolm W
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Have a look at this one, Same camera but with colour screen and able to record.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-UNDERWATER-COLOUR-VIDEO-CAMERA-SYSTEM-LCD-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ230230544915QQihZ013QQcategoryZ12 5958QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody else got one?

Jeffrey
Hi Jeffrey,
I have a camera made by a local man here in WA. It has a Stainless body and a panasonic camera with 80m of cord attached to a 7 inch screen. the screen comes in a waterproof box powered by a 5 hour battery. It also is able to record if you have a camcorder to plug in. Its probably a higher quality unit than you are looking for, but so far I have found it very usefull in finding what the ground looks like before diving. Cost is approx $2000.00. Also handy for fishing and watching ( if your lucky ) fish being caught. After 6 months and several trips I have found fish to be quite inquisitive and usualy will come straight up to the camera. The only problem is dive days, they are few and far between ( clarity ) and you lose colour after about 20 odd m. If your interested I can give you his ph no.

Cheers Mal.

jeffrey_h
13-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Mal,
But that sounds out of my price range. Anyhow I did get one of those off e bay, have tried it out today for the first time and not that impressed but will give it another go next time to see.

Jeffrey