PDA

View Full Version : Cats avoiding danger at speed

screaming reels
23-01-2008, 07:49 AM
to cataholics,i have owned a 18ft sharkcat great ride in a straight line but question is at speed 30-35knts if an object (crab pot/submerged log) appears 10m in front of you at speed,if you quickly hook boat to port/starboard i belive my 18ft cat would of rolled (scary situation).how do you guys deal with this situation(to close to slow)? I found my cat comfortable to turn at 19-21knts any more big body roll and felt like it would flip(18 ft sharkcat 2 by 115hp yammies/same rotation):-/ thanks Brent

Noelm
23-01-2008, 08:21 AM
at 35knots you will never turn a cat quick enough to avoid something if it is close, but at that speed almost any Boat will be some ride if you give the wheel a good turn!!, I guess you could maybe just run over it down the tunnel?

Crocodile
23-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I've got a little Webster which will turn very sharply at high speed. It is frightening, but the boat doesn't flip.

DR
23-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I've got a little Webster which will turn very sharply at high speed. It is frightening, but the boat doesn't flip.

they can....
was one incident in a dam of one that flipped, all non WEbby owners jumped on it & reckoned they were crap boats, was BIG driver error, apparently:o:P

I also have a little Webster & there is no way i will throw it into a tight turn at full noise, I just tend to err on the side of caution..

Blackened
23-01-2008, 03:52 PM
G'day

If you're going that fast and its that close..... line up the tunnel and hope for the best

Dave

Grand_Marlin
23-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I think if it is that close, you are screwed.

Try to avoid it ... you can crank a fair bit of lock onto them if you have to ... just watch what you are doing.

If you were to hit it, then you would be thankful that you had bought a Sharkcat that was built like a brick sh!thouse with self draining decks, twin motors, twin fuel systems, twin batteries and above all 8 watertight compartments each side.

Cheers

Pete