PDA

View Full Version : squid stains

ozbee
22-01-2008, 09:26 AM
what's the best for making squid bait stains come off easy on the inside of white fibreglass. i ve noticed its happy to stain through polish any pre coat ideas would be welcome. ::) i have deck wash which is a great help but after a couple boxes of squid there's always stains some where.:(

Noelm
22-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I find it best to wash it off straight away with SALT water, not too sure why, but fresh water seems to make it stick and stain, same as on your skin, a quick wash in the water and it's gone, try it under a tap and you have black hands!!

ozbee
22-01-2008, 10:03 AM
thanks noelm i do that most of the time but night fishing one gets lazy especially behind the bait board trouble is in the tropics it dries so quickly and cripes can it stick.

Noelm
22-01-2008, 10:26 AM
yep, once it has dried you are in deep poo, but when fresh, just a "swoosh" with salt water will get it off, I always have a small bucket and brush in the Boat for Squid Ink cleaning.

Blackened
22-01-2008, 10:29 AM
G'day

Get it off QUICK. I had to fix up what seemed to be malicious damage to my clients 37' Larson sports cruiser a few months ago.

Someone had thrown or dumped squid ink over the fore deck of this boat, it was a mess.

I ended up wetting the whole area down with water and then gently rubbing some Amway LOC multi purpose cleaner into it, lifted the residue very well.

High pressure clean followed and then a very light bleach.

Client was over the moon.

This stain had been sitting for a week, maybe 2 in the sun every day and It only took me 90 minutes. It was a big stain, covered most of the deck

Dave

ozbee
22-01-2008, 11:08 AM
a fibreglasser told me to use home brand oven cleaner for really bad stains would the caustic i assume be harsh on fibreglass or not.

Noelm
22-01-2008, 12:06 PM
most oven Cleaners do not contain Caustic anymore, but I guess some still would.

polky
22-01-2008, 01:09 PM
gumpition all purpose cleaner, bit of elbow grease and she comes of easey. Polky.