PDA

View Full Version : Name for Boat!

Rod Fishing
21-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Well it has come time to name the boat. I would like to here what you think the names I have picked out or any other sugestion.

EDIT" the names should read

Nauti Lass
Scape Clause and
Nauti Lad,

The idea behind the Scape Clause is because it gives me the excuse to escape.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Poodroo
21-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Just don't name it this...lol

Poodroo

Rod Fishing
21-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I had no intention mate! I love the name looked at all the Boat names on MMSI link and none of these ones where taken and neither was yours.

Poodroo
21-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I had no intention mate! I love the name looked at all the Boat names on MMSI link and none of these ones where taken and neither was yours.
Nauti~Gal is very much an original name thanks to brain storming between my brother and I. I had some variations of it like Miss Nauti until my brother thought up this name. I loved it so it stuck.

I think it is a great name and quite clever... Go Nauti Lass I reckon. ;)

Another name I thought up was "Ultimate In-Salt"
Good luck with the name hunt.

Poodroo

Rod Fishing
21-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Mate not too ken on 'Ultimate In-Salt", only because I dont have my ultimate Boat.

Cheers Rod....8-)

PinHead
22-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Just choose whatever name you like...there would be very very few unique boat names around these days...always someone who would have thought of the same name and used it.

finga
22-01-2008, 07:25 AM
My only suggestion is to make the name as short as possible.
You may have to spell it when you log on and off with the rescue mob.
You'd nearly flatten the battery if you had to spell something like 'Ultimate In-Salt" over the VHF.
I've noticed all the play on word type names are more prone to be asked to spelled by the rescue mobs as well.

And yep, there wouldn't be too many unique boat names about.

cbs
22-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Nauti~Gal is very much an original name thanks to brain storming between my brother and I. I had some variations of it like Miss Nauti until my brother thought up this name. I loved it so it stuck.

Poodroo

Thats a shame. I know of a boat that had that name about a decade or so ago...

Was in SE QLD.

Ram-rod
22-01-2008, 10:32 PM
saw one today on a trailer it was "MMVU"

Rod Fishing
23-01-2008, 07:49 PM
The mob is tending for Nauti Lass a very clever name but I dont really know if the name will be jinxed.

I am tending towards Scape Clause. MIss Nauti is pretty cool as well.

Cheers Rod.... 8-)

groverwa
25-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Gday

I was sent this today and thought it would get a few giggles.

The cartion should read " We salute he who is about to die"

Mike

Mrs Ronnie H
25-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi

All the names are great so pick the one you favour most.

the name of my boat fits me perfectly: Mis-Stress. Some including me would think if the hat fits wear it and I do.
Ronnie

Tangles
25-01-2008, 09:38 PM
what about 'Morning Thunder"

kevinnugent@westnet.
04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
A mate of mine (a doctor) used to write this on his Sick Certificates for patients to give their bosses - "MYOFB".

He named his boat that too. Want a translation? :)

Kevin

Poodroo
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
A mate of mine (a doctor) used to write this on his Sick Certificates for patients to give their bosses - "MYOFB".

He named his boat that too. Want a translation? :)

Kevin
Well I was sitting here minding my own f*#%ing business when I saw this thread pop again. ;D Just out of curiosity what name ended up on the boat?

Poodroo

Rod Fishing
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Poodroo,

Went for a fish on the weekend and decided with my usual deckie that the name will be Nauti-Lass.

Will be ordering the stickers in the next week or so so stay tuned for pics and the christening of the new name.

Cheers Rod.... 8-)

Poodroo
05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Poodroo,

Went for a fish on the weekend and decided with my usual deckie that the name will be Nauti-Lass.

Will be ordering the stickers in the next week or so so stay tuned for pics and the christening of the new name.

Cheers Rod.... 8-)

That's great Rod. Gee if we see each other on the water we could almost pass as sister ships with such close names. ;D Have had a lot of good comments about Nauti~Gal and her unique name. I think it is tops too.

Poodroo

John Buoy
05-02-2008, 04:31 PM
If your Divorced then
IH8MYX would suit;D

Frank

Rod Fishing
24-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Well I have decided on a name and it is.....................................Nauti-Lass.

I will post pics when they are fixed to the boat.

Cheers Rod....8-)