PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 320DF - Disapointed

Dionisay
21-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,

When I purchased my boat 14 months ago, I got a new Eagle 320DF. The unit was great at the beginning showing bottom and fish at 90m. Six months later I noticed that I was getting a lot of crap on the screen and had to lower the sensitivity to have a clear view of the bottom. Since then I could never see fish on the screen, I would spend hours playing with the settings and reading the manual without much luck. Oh well, at least I could see structure and depth.
A few months later, the unit started turning it's self on ::). I would turn it off and after a while it would turn back on. Anyway, I thought no big deal, leave it on.

Well, now the thing has a mind of it it's on. It refuses to turn off. I have to unplug it from the back. The light flashes on - off and the alarm just goes crazy.

I tried calling Eagle twice but never got an answer, Phone would ring for a while, then a message saying that a person will help me shortly. Gave up after 30min.

I have since opened the unit but everything seems good. No water inside and all plugs in place (That is as far as my knowledge goes).

Also removed the Transducer and tested the unit from my car battery - same results.

Anyway, the above is a heads up for people that have the above unit. If you see the slightest change on performance and you are within your warranty period, call Eagle and let them know.

After reading on some other Eagle/Lowrance problems, it seems the above are common issues with this unit.

Thanks to this forum, I am now waiting for my RAYMARINE DS500X from Fish on. It seems that RAYMARINE and Fish on are providing great service. I hope I will not need to call one or the other but in case I do, I am confident my experience will be better then Eagle;)

Cheers
Dion

Splash
21-01-2008, 01:35 AM
You've done the right thing - Raymarine are great.

Let the Eagle fly away....................................

Splash