PDA

View Full Version : Plug Flushing a Motor

TCSunCoast
19-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

Following on from Chimo's poll I wanted to see if anyone over the years has had any more than normal corosion from simply plug flushing the motor? (without even turning it on as suggested the by dealer)
After years of using ears to flush or drums etc, I can quiet get my head around simply attaching the hose and watching:-/

You thoughts or experiences please?

deadbeatloser
19-01-2008, 01:36 PM
yeah both the yammy and the etec have that flush system(hose connector)
but im old school. i will always start and run my motor for atleast 5mins so the heat effect on the water works to move the salt a hell of lot better than cold water and the impeller still gets a clean out with the run ...
you can have your cold no run flush!
i will stick to waking the neighbours up;D

beers DBL:o

rodnreal
19-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Yep I agree with DBL let the neigbourhood know you have been out boating, I've always run the motor for at least 1 to 1.5 beers 5 to 10 minutes. that way every thing gets wet.....;D

polky
19-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Same still use the muffs, every now and again i will use a 200ltr drum and 5ltrs of septone and recirculate through system for 1 hour. Polky.

Outsider1
19-01-2008, 04:55 PM
My boat is moored so using muffs or running in a drum to flush are not options.

I used only plug flushing on my old Johno 150 2stroke for 10 years without a problem. The impeller was usually replaced every other year.

DJ

TCSunCoast
19-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks all,

I will wake the neighbours, let everyone know i've been fishing and time it via the brown bottle.

Tony