PDA

View Full Version : YeeeeeHaaa new boat yesterday pics added

Mad-One
19-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Well was told I could pick my new boat up friday at 9am so was at the dealers at 8-30;D Hooked it on and went through everything to make sure I had got what I paid for. Actually got more than I paid for like spotlight rear lounge. Headed straight down to the Tweed with my 14 year old son smiling like he had had his first ???????? (you know ::) ;D ). Anyway got to the ramp got ready and backed down unhooked and a slight shove and off she rolls Yeeehaaa heaps easier than our old boat. Fire her up and boy does the Suzi purr...so we head off to get a feel for the new boat and boy was I impressed and so was my son. Anyway about an 1 1/2 hrs later I said to the son come on we'll head back to the ramp and load up and go get your mother. But first we head in round the trawlers at the Tweed and as we are idling back out the boat dies just outside the new Marina:o :o >:( Tried re starting and no go so we drift and paddle into the marina and tie up. Still can't start it as it happened there was a mechanic fom Sprinwood Marine in there having a drink and could see I was having problems and comes to give us a hand. Found it had a fuel leak and was sucking air showed me how to get it going to get back to ramp. A big thankyou :) But now an alarm is beeping. So back to dealer whos put on whole new filter and complete setup but still an alarm>:( >:( . Tells me have to take it to suzuki to put on computer to diagnos>:( >:( Not happy but what can you do ...anyway he say will put the screws on them to fix it on the spot and will ring me when ready 3pm now on a friday not looking good. Anyway get a phone call at 4 pm to say boat is ready to pick up at 5 :) :) :) . All it was, was a connector not pushed on tight on the map sensor. So I must say I was very impressed with the dealer to get it fixed for me so quick and get it back to me. By the way it is a 5.5 metre Formosa Centre cab the same as my Avatar. Will put pics up as soon as my broadband gets fixed ( using dial up at the moment)

Cheers and hope to cya's on the water .....Mad

Blackened
19-01-2008, 06:46 AM
G'day

Great to see it, and good on the dealer.

Who are they?

Dave

Poseidon
19-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Good on the mechanic having a drink to lend a hand. A positive is that you were shown what to check if it was to ever happen again.

You are bound to have a few teething problems so hopefully yours are out of the way now. Great looking boat.

Regards Cameron.

Wahoo
19-01-2008, 08:05 AM
congrats on a fine setup Mad, also good to see the guys were prompt on sorting the minor hicup

Daz

honda900
19-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Yep good on the mechanic for helping you out, you oughto drop him in a couple of beers for his trouble.

Sorry to hear of the bad start but least the dealer got it sorted.

Regards
HOnda.

KAGEY1
19-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Way To Go Mad One. The Formosas Are Great!! Excellent Service From Ya Dealer. Welcome To The Club.
Cheers, Geoff

rodnreal
19-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey Mad-one
Best off getting the bad stuff out of the way early before you get the Mrs on board. mate if she was on board and that happened........:-/

Good boating.

look forword to seeing the pics.:o

LINZ_74
19-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the new boat.
I've had my formosa for about 3 months now and love it. Thumbs up to the dealer

Cheers Linz

wags on the water
19-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Gday Phil,

Congrats on the new boat. I bet you're looking forward to getting amongst them again.

Shame BIG shame about the dramas. This stuff shouldn't happen. This is a pet hate of mine that people don't take enough pride in their work to ensure this never happens.

Have fun.

polky
19-01-2008, 04:28 PM
congrats on your new rig, go the suzies, problems sorted hope you have a whole heap of fun on the water. Polky.

Mad-One
19-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Went out today for another run with the missus and she was stoked with it but still can't talk her into going outside. Boat went fantastic and couldn't be happier
Photo's soon

Cheers Mad

Mad-One
22-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Have added some pics

Cheers Mad

boogsboat
22-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Very Nice.

Welcome to the Black Boat Club!

Nathan

JB
22-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Great looking rig mate. I got a plan for the missus, dont worry about askin her to go outside just throw the blindfold on an tell her its a surprise destination LOL

Mad-One
22-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Great looking rig mate. I got a plan for the missus, dont worry about askin her to go outside just throw the blindfold on an tell her its a surprise destination LOL
Classic I like it;D ;D ;D ::)

Cheers Mad

TCSunCoast
22-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Congrat's on the boat, special moment with your son... Excellent.