PDA

View Full Version : oz carft boats any good

tin can marlin
18-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi does anyone have any info the oz craft boat range iam in the market and i have seen a used one and it seems great but i have not heard much about them. Regards mark

poundalead
18-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah mate my mates dad just picked his 6.4 centre cab up before christmas. I was lucky enough to take it for a spin last sunday. As far as ride goes it is a really awesome boat, there didn't seem to be any banging out of the hull in the chopy conditions(15-20kt SE). We haven't had a chance to take it outside yet though.

As far as finish goes, its a neat and tidy boat with good welds etc. Overall I felt it was a good package. The guy that had it built said that Ozcraft were awesome to deal with as well. He had his choice of options as far as electronics and choice of motor (150hp E-Tec) go. I think the boat was well priced, and would be very competitive with whats around.

The only thing that I didn't like about the design was the hull isn't self draining, so in the event of water getting over the side it has to be drained by the bilge pump. I don't know if i would like to rely on a bilge pump in the event of being swamped. My guess is if you wanted it to be self draining they could customise it to your specs. What really sold him on the boat was the friendly staff, he also had to wait about 3 months to get it built so obviously they are fairly busy which is a good thing.

If you have anymore questions PM me i'll try and answer them for you.....

Cheers Benny

tin can marlin
19-01-2008, 10:27 PM
HI mate thanks very much i went and had a look at one today and i brought it. They seemed to be much cheaper than the boats and just as good a finsh i got everything on it for under $65000 in a 6.4 the guy there said that they sold 22 centre cabs last year. And i can see why. Getting in in 4 months i guess you have to wait for something you want. Regards mark

Any_Weather
20-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Tin Can, yes mate I have got the 4 seasons Wind Raider 6.55m which they now call the 670 for some reason. They are exactly the same boat as are the Stessco Shotguns. We have had it for 3 years and put it through some pretty punishing stuff in terms of big seas and survived. Yes the self draining hull would be fantastic but as for the price, they really are great value. Make sure you get a large bilge pump because they do take a fair bit of water on when its rough. We are running a 150hp Yamaha 4 stroke and there is ample power with 4 blokes and all the gear for a days fishing. Be sure to check the galvanising on the trailer when you get it as we had ours sent back to be redone only a couple of months after purchase because it was so poorly done.
As for the wait, I hope they are on time with waht they are saying but just so you are aware, we were told 10 weeks wait when in reality it was 16 weeks.
Mate generally, we are very happy with the performace of it and look forward to many more years of boating in it.
Thanks
Lee

tin can marlin
20-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks an weather and they did tell me that they over allow in there build time so i think the 4 months is correct i would not like to be told 10 weeks then not get it. And they are simalar to the 4 seasons but they have a few different features they put in std. Might see you up at the classic. Thanks mark