PDA

View Full Version : 7.6 mtr sharkcat

glennoceanic
17-01-2008, 08:54 PM
hi
im just new to this site. There seems to be some on here that have a good knowledge of these boats. i have recently purchased a 7.6 mtr shark/noosacat 1990 build. I have looked extensively over the net for a new fender rubber strip and failed to find any that match this era of boat. There are plenty of gunwale fittings available and D shape fenders but none that match what is existing. Just wanting to know if anyone has been down this road before and may be able to let me know where i may get this from. Any help would be appreciated.
I have had a bad run so far as outboards go, 1 of the two 06 yammie 150 hp four strokes that i purchased from victoria when on there way up to qld had been dropped by the transport company. smashed cowl and and chipped cnr of cavitation plate. Still fighting them now.
I will try to put a photo on here of the boat and strip.

cheers

Blackened
17-01-2008, 08:56 PM
G'day

Pete, Grand_Marlin is the resident sharkcat guru

Mongrel news regards the engines, best of luck with that..... but will twin 150 4/ be enough power??

Dave

Blackened
17-01-2008, 08:57 PM
G'day

Pete, Grand_Marlin is the resident sharkcat guru

Mongrel news regards the engines, best of luck with that..... but will twin 150 4/ be enough power??

Regards the rubber strips, have you contacted noosa cat?

Dave

wadeo
18-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Gday i put D fender on mine. Found clark rubber had the cheapest price. Use to have same strip as yours. Check em out anyway.
regards wadeo

glennoceanic
20-01-2008, 07:15 AM
thanks for the replies. I have tried Noosacat as well and they are only using the D fenders for mid rail, so i am putting the D shape fender on as per yours Wadeo. I am guessing your boat is the "The Other Woman" that lives next door to my brother. Any way thanks the help.

wags on the water
20-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Recently I was out on a similar sized cat and the twin 150's were more than enough to power it. Great ride in ordinary seas.

wadeo
20-01-2008, 11:35 PM
thanks for the replies. I have tried Noosacat as well and they are only using the D fenders for mid rail, so i am putting the D shape fender on as per yours Wadeo. I am guessing your boat is the "The Other Woman" that lives next door to my brother. Any way thanks the help.
Yes mate thats me nice looking rig ya bought.When i priced noosa cats d fender it was a lot dearer than clark rubber.Good luck
Wadeo

kozy cobia
21-01-2008, 09:26 PM
hi
im just new to this site. There seems to be some on here that have a good knowledge of these boats. i have recently purchased a 7.6 mtr shark/noosacat 1990 build. I have looked extensively over the net for a new fender rubber strip and failed to find any that match this era of boat. There are plenty of gunwale fittings available and D shape fenders but none that match what is existing. Just wanting to know if anyone has been down this road before and may be able to let me know where i may get this from. Any help would be appreciated.
I have had a bad run so far as outboards go, 1 of the two 06 yammie 150 hp four strokes that i purchased from victoria when on there way up to qld had been dropped by the transport company. smashed cowl and and chipped cnr of cavitation plate. Still fighting them now.
I will try to put a photo on here of the boat and strip.

cheers

Good Rig you will be happy with it, i have fished from one of these without pods and it had twin 150 yams 2 strokes (plenty of grunt). With 4 trokes it could be a little slower because of the weight and low down power output? but for me i would not worry about it unless you want a rocket.

Kozy

glennoceanic
21-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Definitely not worried about owning a rocket/speed boat!! I'm thinking she will run comfortably around the mid to late 20 knots with the 150's. It has two 115 four strokes now and does around 19 to 21 knots at 4200 rpm. Its a different ride to the smaller Noosacat i had which had no pods. ie a lot better! Wavebreakers are a necessity in them not so much in these bigger ones.
I did look at some 23's without pods but just lost to much cockpit space and waterline length.

Cheers

Glenn
Looking forward to some long trips away

Lovey80
21-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Glenn, just wondering what you tow the big girl with and how it does. ie up the slight hills on the highway etc.

Cheers Chris

glennoceanic
22-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I have a V8 cruiser and it tows it ok. It will only be getting towed to the ramp and back which is not to far.
Cheers Glenn

Noelm
22-01-2008, 01:01 PM
geees the 115 4 strokes would only be just enough power huh? what are going to do with them if/when you repower? there was someone looking for a pair in the wanted section I think.

glennoceanic
22-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes i will be selling them after the 150's go on and it is underpowered with 115's. I dont know how many hours are on the 2 115's so still working on a figure them.