PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Warranties

ON-THE-CHEW
17-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I am looking at making a purchase from the fishon (ausfish sponsor) web page. I have spoken to pat about a few different questions I had to do with postage, warranty, taxes and measurements etc.

I have decided on a Garmin GPS Map 4008, with a Garmin Blue chart g2 vision chart. For a sounder I have decided on a Furuno FCV 585. Both of these have 8.4" screens, 256+ colour and 640x480 resolution, both also have measurements in the metric system.

My biggest problem is the warranty, both of these items have a world wide warranty, but I am still unsure about it buying them overseas and then if something goes wrong where to get them fixed.

Just a quick question to anyone out there who might have already had this issue or knows some one who has, Warranties if they are world wide is there any issues with getting them fixed locally. Also the two units I have decided on if any one has any positive or negative feedback on them would be muchly appreciated. One thing with buying overseas there is not much chance to change your mind.

Andrew

Bonus
21-01-2008, 06:39 PM
On the chew, You will not get warranty service in Australia for anything purchased in the US. The distributors in Australia dont want to know you because they have not made any money out of it. Fishon's service is great though and if something does happen it is not overly costly to send it back to the US where Fishon are very reliable. If you purchase over $400 they will not charge to send it back here after it is fixed. I have just purchased a Furuno 585 and Raymarine 435 from them and it arrived in 5 days. Garmin has one year warranty and Furuno 2 years and Raymarine 2 years. Russell