PDA

View Full Version : A good Humminbird 737

MitchCalcutt
17-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I’m Happy to report the Humminbirb 737 I bought on line now works. Its been a long road trip for my new sounder, Starting from the USA, 7days later it arrived on my doorstep. That weekend I fitted it only to find it didn’t work. Three days later it arrived at the Humminbird service centre in Brisbane. They wouldn’t honour the warranty since I purchased it on line. Seven days later it arrived back on my doorstep. Seven days later it was back in the USA having new software installed. Seven days later it arrived once again on my doorstep. I installed it that weekend and to my joy it actually turned on. That was Christmas Day, I use it for the first time on Saturday and I wasn’t disappointed. We didn’t use the wide side due to the amount of timber floating around, but it picked up fish with great clarity. On Sunday I witnessed a Bass come up off the bottom and eat someone else’s spinnerbait.

At this point in time I would recommend the 737 with the wide side transducer, wether you save $500 and buy it overseas and risk a faulty unit or get it from our over priced suppliers is your choice.

Mitch

steve99
17-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Mitch. Its good to see you finally got the Humminbird up and running. No doudt about it, buying online can save a heap of cold hard cash
I picked up a 2 shimano stradic 5000`s for $245AUD delivered - very nice thank you very much.
Have you forgotten about our bet? What was it for agian? 6 cartons of crown lager if my memory is correct.

CheersSteve99

MitchCalcutt
18-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi Mitch. Its good to see you finally got the Humminbird up and running. No doudt about it, buying online can save a heap of cold hard cash
I picked up a 2 shimano stradic 5000`s for $245AUD delivered - very nice thank you very much.
Have you forgotten about our bet? What was it for agian? 6 cartons of crown lager if my memory is correct.

CheersSteve99
Yeh good on yu steve, I don't believe i saw you on the dam at any stage over the weekend.
The bet still stands whenever your up to it.
Mitch

steve99
18-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Mitch , Bronson fished Hinze with two mates on saturday. Bagged about 20 bass and lost a few. I fished on monday afternoon 3.30 -6.30 pm with him and caught about 6 in the wind and rain -see freshwater report -quick flick at hinze.
I like to go during the week to keep away from the crowds. Its also much easier to find a parking spot,especially now that carpark is 6 feet underwater.
steve

MitchCalcutt
18-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Mitch , Bronson fished Hinze with two mates on saturday. Bagged about 20 bass and lost a few. I fished on monday afternoon 3.30 -6.30 pm with him and caught about 6 in the wind and rain -see freshwater report -quick flick at hinze.
I like to go during the week to keep away from the crowds. Its also much easier to find a parking spot,especially now that carpark is 6 feet underwater.
steve
Don't blame you either. I never expected to see the day when a parking spot at hinze could only be obtained by beating the Roosters up.
Mitch